LEE 1 sold; other General Lees for sale

For those of ya'll who haven't seen our latest homepage update, LEE 1 sold at the Barrett-Jackson auction for $121,000. ( $110,000 plus commission fee which is paid by the buyer.)

Another General Lee on the market is this one being offered by Byron Cherry, a/k/a Coy Duke.

There is a General Lee replica for sale on Craigslist, which reportedly was owned by the late Christopher Mayer. (HazzardNet makes no warranties about this, we're just passing along the ad "as is." )

If you know of any other General Lees for sale, feel welcome to tell us about it!

I have a bunch of them laying around the house Brian and I want to use this official thread to formally announce that none of them are for sale....especially the one on top of my dresser.

Well, neither are mine. But ya gotta start somewhere, right? I'm sure a lot of GL owners today started out with the die-cast models.

By the way, the new owner of LEE 1, is pro golfer Bubba Watson! How about that? You can read the article on our homepage.

Quick General Lee market updates! (ain't this cooler than stock market reports?)

The "Coy Duke" General Lee replica appears to have had 1 bid for $140,000. We do not know if this has been accepted; the listing says "reserve not met." Given that LEE 1 went for $110,000, if that 140k is a valid offer, my advice would be to take the money and run. ( that's just me though, cash in my hands has an effect on me.)

The "Vance Duke" General Lee replica, which was a 68 Charger modified to look like the 69 model, appears to have sold for $25,100, pending acceptance by the seller.

There's another orange clunker car on ebay (replica) going for $29,500. Not a numbers matching car, but a 440 motor and a....I dunno. some kinda transmission with a...whattayacallit. What's irritating on this baby is that the seller says he's "not interested in the car anymore." :-o

There's another orange clunker car on ebay (replica) going for $29,500. Not a numbers matching car, but a 440 motor and a....I dunno. some kinda transmission with a...whattayacallit. What's irritating on this baby is that the seller says he's "not interested in the car anymore." :-o

What, you don't know what a 727 tranny with a 2800 stall converter and shift kit is?

Seriously tho', sad that the guy lost interest in it...

• 2 weeks later...

Awright, our Shameless Seedy Sources tell us that no, Byron's General Lee replica did not sell, but it's back on ebay for $99,000. You can check it out here: http://dukes.me/byrons_general_lee

Meanwhile, our Lee-O-Meter for market conditions reports that GL replica prices are soft, and will probably stay such for awhile. Values are best when these cars have "matching numbers" and are proven point-winners at car shows.

The ones I've seen lingering on the market lately, are the '68 or '70 models that have been modified to look like a '69, and do not have the original motor, but have some other rebuilt hemi.

I'm not an expert on this stuff, I just watch the trends. Anybody have anything different to share, chime in!