Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch

On 2/1/2012 at 4:17 AM, RogerDuke said:

You folks do a great job with this thread.

It's one of my favorites.

Thanks for posting this great information and pictures!

I second that! WB sold a lot of that property didn't they?

I would love to visit that Styx River someday. Is it open for public?

On 2/10/2023 at 4:44 PM, MonacoMan said:

I know...it’s not cheap or a budget set. But, it contains almost the entire KR franchise, besides just the original series (the only thing not included was the 2008 remake 1 season series), Including tons of special features & memorabilia items. It’s expensive, but well worth it if you can do it! :banana:

I wonder how much it would be if they drop the Team Knight Rider series out of the set. I was never a fan of that show. Since the 'Hoff is so huge in Germany it's not surprising to see they put out a special edition Blu-ray of the series. Mill Creek releases aren't really worth the money. They compress the quality to fit more episodes on each disc. 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

I wonder how much it would be if they drop the Team Knight Rider series out of the set. I was never a fan of that show. Since the 'Hoff is so huge in Germany it's not surprising to see they put out a special edition Blu-ray of the series. Mill Creek releases aren't really worth the money. They compress the quality to fit more episodes on each disc. 

I understand that Mill Creek puts out more budget releases, but there are several series sets of older shows they’ve done that are pretty good—KR included, as well as Miami Vice, Charlie’s Angels, Magnum p.i., etc... Compared to the original DVD sets, the Blu-ray sets by them are pretty cool! 

However, Turbine Medien is NOT a budget company...they are top of the line! The Blu-ray quality is superb...and their KR set is “perfect”! It’s one big, huge set sealed in an awesome designed box. So, they’re not going to take parts out for a cheaper price. I didn’t care for the sequel TV movie (Knight Rider 2000), Team KR, or the remake series—which isn’t included. But, it’s awesome that the majority of the franchise is included...even if I don’t necessarily need or want it. :wink:

• 1 month later...

Here's a just-posted Knight Rider Historians video. In this one, the owner of a screen-used General Lee takes it to Ray Kohn for a bit of work. Other than a few new items like the battery and tires, it's in original condition, complete with battle scars, dubious welding and evidence of several paint jobs.

22 hours ago, HossC said:

Here's a just-posted Knight Rider Historians video. In this one, the owner of a screen-used General Lee takes it to Ray Kohn for a bit of work. Other than a few new items like the battery and tires, it's in original condition, complete with battle scars, dubious welding and evidence of several paint jobs.

Great video! Thanks!