The Sims 3

K-Duke15

Continued from prior post....so, I thought the Duke in the dust thing was pretty funny. But Pendragon also has a SIM of yers truly, and here's how that went...

400413282.jpg

Nice horsie!

400413283.jpg

Bad horsie....

SIMS 3 looks like an absolute blast. I've never had the game, but have lived vicariously (and perhaps literally) through her versions of the game.

Glad to see everyone is loving the pictures. I haven't play Sims in a while, been busy with everyday stuff. I have Bo, Luke, Brian, Maryanne, Chance in the game right now. At one point I also had Uncle Jesse, Daisy, Enos, Boss, Rosco, Cooter, Dr. Appleby and Miss Tizdale too. But it became too much to keep track as. The game has its own AI that makes some interesting life choices if you don't play a certain characters for a while.

My big project if I ever had the time too is use the Map of Hazzard Square thread (I'm sorry, I forget whose started it) to create a true mini-Hazzard town in the Sims 3.

My big project if I ever had the time too is use the Map of Hazzard Square thread (I'm sorry, I forget whose started it) to create a true mini-Hazzard town in the Sims 3.

That would be so cool. If you ever get it done, you have to share it on the exchange on the website. I would so want it.

K-Duke15, I think you did a pretty good job with your sims! Good to know there's more Duke sims out there.

I've always been impressed with what Pendragon's sims games have shown, sometimes the sims character behaviors are right on the money, and I'm laughing at how accurate they are. There's also crazy stuff that happens.

If I had the computer muscle to spare to this, I'd get into the SIMs myself, but right now my living is closely tied to my already-overburdened laptop. Someday I'll get a gaming computer and let one of these scenarios run loose.

If I had the computer muscle to spare to this, I'd get into the SIMs myself, but right now my living is closely tied to my already-overburdened laptop. Someday I'll get a gaming computer and let one of these scenarios run loose.

Unfortunately, I know how energy-hungry Sims 3 is because I tried to make a could "Big Brother" style households and it crashed my game, causing me to lose everything. Since then I only do 4 Sim households max. And I only have one Hazzard family in a neighbor at once, because of the AI.

Although it was funny to be Brian join the Law Enforcement and Daisy marry off to Cooter because of the computer's decisions. And since I also had the time progression on, after a while I was starting to see second generation Hazzards showing up. Who Knew?

Right how I'm fussing with Pets so I have Doc alone in the game.

Ambitions

Late Night

Generations

World Adventures

Pets

High End Loft Stuff Pack

Because of this thread, I decided to restart my game and start fresh.

Here's my Hazzard Sims so far...

Brian and Doc

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/pendragon1980/BrianandDoc.jpg

Luke and Bo

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/pendragon1980/LukeandBo.jpg

Maryanne and Rosco

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/pendragon1980/RoscoandMaryanne.jpg

Daisy and Jesse

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac176/pendragon1980/DaisyandJeese.jpg

Alright then KDuke, you inspired me. New Hazzard it is. Since I have no talent creating terrain, plus my Mac doesn't support World Creator. I'm going to use Sunset Valley as my base. It's going to be slow going and I'll use Hoss C's "Hazzard Square" thread for reference. There may be some slight modifications because of space and gameplay. I think I should be able to get pretty close.

http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8221

bsi_rc_SunsetValley-blank-1.jpg

Unfortunately, when I starting creating a neighborhood matters, my laptop slooowed to a crawl and the game crashed.

Good: I backed up my game so no Sim Apocalypse again.

Bad: KDuke, you may have to be the world creator but if you send me lot sizes and locations I can build lots.

In the meanwhile, I'll keep providing candids as I play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
That will be funny. I'm waiting for showtime. I'm still trying to get make a world work. I still don't know why it isn't.

I can't create a world because the creator is only not compatible with Macs.

I may try to eventually to make a Hazzard-esque world with one of the premade worlds but I'm having too much fun with the sci-fi theme at the moment.

Also, I'm getting Showtime on Thurs. :)