Where are you when you get on HazzardNet?

K-Duke15

• 4 weeks later...

Ya know that's a good question and I'm glad ya'll brought it up. Back when HazzardNet started, there was no Facebook. There wasn't a "smart phone." There wasn't an iPad or a Kindle Fire or any of the mobile dee-vices that are so common today.

Myself, I log in from home, but I used to sneak on during the work day, depending on the gig I had at the time. But a relative of mine has a Kindle Fire (that you can't pry out of her hands) and she revels being able to check Facebook at the coffee shop or wherever there's free wi-fi. So, ironically, in my own family I got somebody who visits our FB page more than the homepage or Forums on our main site here, and it galls me to no end sometimes. But it comes down to what works best for the device and the time you have.

It's something we gotta pay attention to. After all, Hazzard County is wherever you find it, and everybody comes in from a different road.

yeah I sometime do stuff anywhere when I need, on other forum i use there in TCA Transformers site and not much stuff for me anywhere here. I use Facebook too.. as well. oh boy. Lot watching and things from Nascar for me.. I with my cat, Daisy(name after Daisy Dukes). not much things like that. Often I went to doctor appointment every time for check out and test.. due my heath problem.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on and off HNet all day long from the computer and my phone and I check Facebook throughout the day. I have access anywhere anytime with my phone.

I vote for a HNet app to......I've been thinking about suggesting it fer a while. I hope it can happen.

Mufn is a heckuva programmer. I'll talk to her about it and see what we can come up with. We've always got a long list of Unfinished Projects, so it's helpful when ya'll tell us what you'd like to see. Then we can prioritize stuff.

Meanwhile, here's an example of why we don't let MaryAnne program stuff. This is what happened when she tried to install a remote starter in her car.

401025554.jpg

Now I'll find out if she's paying any attention. Heh!

Mufn is a heckuva programmer. I'll talk to her about it and see what we can come up with. We've always got a long list of Unfinished Projects, so it's helpful when ya'll tell us what you'd like to see. Then we can prioritize stuff.

Meanwhile, here's an example of why we don't let MaryAnne program stuff. This is what happened when she tried to install a remote starter in her car.

401025554.jpg

Now I'll find out if she's paying any attention. Heh!

Thanks Brian. I guess MaryAnne ain't paying any attention! LOL!

I get on the site on my Android, as I dont have internet at my apartment. I wish there was an app for the hazzardnet so I had no problems getting on anytime or anyplace.

Favorite crime related forum uses TapATalk app and get a "this app has an error, force close" sometimes. Different forum has a vBulletin mobile skin, haven't gotten an error yet on the same phone.

Experience is one forum's mobile skin is less glitchy than an app.

It's also interesting on the app type, it will say 40 pages for 400 replies, yet using a desktop or laptop, the numbers are 8 pages for 400 replies.

Tried to get on various sites with no response, meanwhile years old desktop brought the sites up immediately. What might work for one device, might not be compatible for another.

While I'd probably use the desktop more, I agree it would would be nice if Hnet had a mobile skin or app someday!