remote cars in the show

I think you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who liked the miniature car stunts (unless you happen to know a WB executive :)). If memory serves, they started near the end of season 6.

The following quote is from chapter twelve of David Hofstede's The Dukes of Hazzard: The Unofficial Companion.

The ratings improved for the final two seasons of The Dukes of Hazzard, but not to the level the show had achieved prior to the dukus interruptus activities of season five. There are several possible reasons for the decline. Executive story editor Martin Roth suggests that some of the audience who were driven away by Coy and Vance felt betrayed by the departure of their TV Heroes. It's also conceivable that, after six years, TV viewers were ready for something different on the tube.

Schneider, Wopat, and other cast members offer another explanation: the studio's attempt to make the action sequences more spectacular through the use of miniatures. "We hated that," said Schneider. Paul Baxley quit after learning of the decision. Wopat despised the technique so much that he wrote the miniatures out of an episode he directed, and incurred the wrath of Paul Picard and Myles Wilder. "They made the show ridiculous," he believed.

"If the show ran for another year, the car would have jumped over the moon," said writer Si Rose.

They were finding '69 Chargers harder to find as well. Other shows, such as The Fall Guy, also used miniatures around this time.

They were finding '69 Chargers harder to find as well. Other shows, such as The Fall Guy, also used miniatures around this time.

Yeah..I forgot about the supply of cars becoming limited. You would think they would just use old footage instead of the fakes. hmmm I did not know the Fall Guy used miniatures....interesting. I use to love that show, but I havne't seen it in 20 years so I don't remember. I do remember some tiny people coming out of a special door on the side of the pickup. lol!!! No worse than "little cousin" coming to visit from out of space......all time low.

Thanks for the reply....I'm new here.

"They made the show ridiculous," he believed.

... "If the show ran for another year, the car would have jumped over the moon," said writer Si Rose.

Wow....Watching "Cooter's Confession" and they just jumped over the house....I forgot how bad the miniatures were. I usually don't watch past season 4.....Just reminded myself why.

* Miniatures

* Rosco acts more goofy (still funny, but sometimes too goofy)

* Boss acts more goofy

Should have written him as an elf and had a xmas special involving Santa. An alien was horrible. I'll say this -- that the cast could actually get thru the episode without huge smirks and total laughs is pretty impressive. Heck...for the episodes of jumping silos and helicopters -- they could have at least written something into the script like nitro and an actual ramp built for attempting the jumps. Just jumping the car made no sense at all.

"There are several possible reasons for the decline. Executive story editor Martin Roth suggests that some of the audience who were driven away by Coy and Vance felt betrayed by the departure of their TV Heroes. It's also conceivable that, after six years, TV viewers were ready for something different on the tube."

Didn't it seem like the boys were older when they came back? Luke was bigger and look older....Bo had the darker jeans and looked older.....storylines involved darker (murder "you said it, I didn't")...the show just seemed different. Plus the stupid stuff like aliens, fake cars, Boss and Rosco in Hollywood....my goodness