Along Came A Duke

Speaking of names, just my bad luck, the only person ever named Roger on the show was a bad guy. Duke Gaylord Duke was really Roger Blevins back in England.

Hey Hoss, I didn't know there were any bad guys in England.

By the way, I don't know what Roger Blevins' real name was....sounds like a job for that good guy (originally) from England...take it away Hoss!

RogerDuke said:
By the way, I don't know what Roger Blevins' real name was...

Roger Blevins/Gaylord Duke was played by Simon MacCorkindale who sadly passed away just over a year ago (14th October 2010). His 'RIP' thread is here.

RogerDuke said:
Hey Hoss, I didn't know there were any bad guys in England.

Hollywood loves casting British and especially English actors as bad guys- here's a few:

Alan Rickman - Die Hard and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Jeremy Irons - Die Hard 3

Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the Lambs

Peter Cushing - Star Wars

Ray Winstone - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Steven Berkoff - Beverly Hills Cop

Christopher Eccleston - Gone in Sixty Seconds

Various others including Gary Oldman, Tim Roth, Charles Dance.

Even evil characters in cartoons get English accents, eg. Shere Khan in The Jungle Book or Stewie in Family Guy.

When Scottish actor Brian Cox (who played Dr. Hannibal Lecktor in Manhunter) appeared on Top Gear he suggested to Jeremy Clarkson that Hollywood cast Brits as the baddies in movies because Americans "fundamentally mistrust intelligence". I'm not sure if that's true, but it made me laugh :).

• 8 years later...
12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

He's one of my new FB friends and he's been pretty busy since you posted this Hoss. Maybe you can post a link for his company. JebStuartProductions.com

There are definitely more credits on his page now (the link still works), although the last three are 2019/2020/2021, so wouldn't have been there when I originally posted.

Here's the link: JebStuartProductions.com. You only needed to click the "Link" button and you could've posted it yourself, Roger.

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I wonder why he named his  company after the character he played on the Dukes...? He was only on  there once!

As I said in my first post in this thread, back in 2011 he only had three acting credits listed on IMDb. Maybe he figured that Jeb Stuart was the character he was best known for playing when he set up his company. Either that or he's a big fan of General James Ewell Brown Stuart. :)

Just now, HossC said:

As I said in my first post in this thread, back in 2011 he only had three acting credits listed on IMDb. Maybe he figured that Jeb Stuart was the character he was best known for playing when he set up his company. Either that or he's a big fan of General James Ewell Brown Stuart. :)

If so, he's got good taste!

2 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I wonder why he named his  company after the character he played on the Dukes...? He was only on  there once!

I can't speak for him but this would be my guess: He was a Duke boy. That means he will always be a Duke boy. That's a pretty impressive thing to put on your resume. It is a pretty impressive conversation starter. If you are trying to promote something you should use every tool available to you. Being a genuine Duke boy is a pretty powerful tool. It was the greatest show to ever grace a television show. I'm only a fan. The show was so big that that even makes me a big deal. 

• 11 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 11:15 AM, RogerDuke said:

Happy birthday today (March 13) to Chris Hensel...Jeb Stuart Duke.

Today (Sunday) is Chris's birthday. I haven't done Facebook for several months now and have no more contact with him but I hope he is doing well. Once a Duke, always a Duke. Happy birthday Jeb. 

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This is what he looks like now! ...Not a bit like he used to!!

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0962225/mediaviewer/rm1679136769/?ref_=nm_ov_ph

* I always wondered.....what do these actors, who aren't big, do in between jobs? They have to make a living and the sporadic one show here and there, would never support them. 

Edited by Hobie Hartkins