Your Dukes Fantasy

RogerDuke

I thought it would be fun to hear everyone's idea of a personalized fantasy Dukes episode.

Here's the rules....

1) Keep it brief. This isn't fanfic.

2) Try to put youself in the episode but that's NOT required. It is a fantasy after all, and all of us want to visit Hazzard so it would be fun to hear what you'd like to do there.

3) Remember this is a PG site....okay PG-13 maybe....but even then you're asking from trouble from the moderators....how 'bout PG-12.

4) You can do as many as you want.

5) Only make it a one part story....like I said, this isn't fanfic.

In my fantasy episode I would have a farm that borders the Dukes farm. I'd live there with my family and I'd be good friends with the Dukes. I'd always go to Jesse for advice just like Bo, Luke and Daisy do.

In this episode the Charlie Daniels Band would get caught in Rosco's celebrity speedtrap and I would help Charlie and his boys find justice in Hazzard County by using all the tools available to me, like my friendships with the Dukes, Cooter and some of the other townsfolks.

In the end, I'd be sitting on the Dukes porch with Charlie and Jesse looking over the corn and talk about God, America and family for hours. Later we'd head down to the Boar's Nest where Charlie and his band would perfom "What This World Needs is a Few More Rednecks."

Daisy starts a Bikini Car Wash fundraiser to save an orphanage and they wash cars from all over the county the entire episode :wink: Boss is angry that the Dukes are making money and tries to sabotage the whole thing or creates a crooked similar business to put the Dukes out of business. Dukes catch Boss red handed being his crooked self and things go back to normal.

I know Roger intended this to be "fantasy" but the weird part in my case is, the truth is stranger than fiction. Which is saying something.

I own a classic car, thanks to the influence of The Dukes of Hazzard and watching the General Lee sail through the air.

My best friends are fellow Dukes of Hazzard fans that I met on the internet. Two of them live under the same roof with me. It's chaos, but a lot of fun. We've all gotten along great for years. Probably because we have the same kind of Duke-ish sense of fun and values and all that. We like stock car races, tractor pulls, county fairs, and whoop-n'-hollar shindigs.

Two more of my best friends are Admins on this site. We talk about a lot more than The Dukes of Hazzard; we've seen each other through a lot of changes in life. But having something to work on together that's larger than the sum of us combined, is awesome. HazzardNet is labor, but it's a labor of love.

So it's kinda surreal. I sit here with Dukes DVD's sprawled around my desk, still in disorder after the last homepage update. My Dukes fantasy? I think I'm living one. This is too weird to be my real life...

About the only thing I haven't accomplished yet, is getting a farm. I've always wanted a farm. Doesn't have to be a real big one; I'd be happy with 10 or 20 acres. A few chickens, a beef steer, a couple horses. Grow some corn. Make some moonshine. OK, I'm kidding about making the moonshine. I might dink around with a home brewing kit for beer but that'd be the limit.

All this happened over a period of a great many years, so it wasn't like I watched Dukes of Hazzard and instantly became a nut. I watched Dukes of Hazzard on a fairly regular basis over a great many years, and eventually became a nut.

See what you can aspire to, with the Dukes of Hazzard? :D

Awright, anybody else got a Dukes fantasy or real-life Dukes weirdness to share?

My Dukes of Hazzard fantasy is to be in a position of authority with an overinflated sense of self-importance... just like Rosco.

Oh, wait. I'm livin' the dream too! :rofl:

Spoken like a true confederate of my real-life Dukes weirdness! Yes, you are livin' the dream, but at least your brother-in-law didn't set you up with the job.

On an aside it kinda reminds me of the time we went shooting pool at the Boar's Nest in Allens Grove. That was surreal, too, until you beat me at pool. I demand a rematch. Preferably over something else, like pinball.

Spoken like a true confederate of my real-life Dukes weirdness! Yes, you are livin' the dream, but at least your brother-in-law didn't set you up with the job.

On an aside it kinda reminds me of the time we went shooting pool at the Boar's Nest in Allens Grove. That was surreal, too, until you beat me at pool. I demand a rematch. Preferably over something else, like pinball.

You know, I had a co-worker that was a pretty good pool hustler, played pool all the time. Had her own custom pool cue in a fancy case and everything. She said we could play slop because she figured I needed an advantage to beat her. When I sank a double bank shot, she "forgot" we were playing slop and said it didn't count because I hadn't called it. LOL. Too bad, it counted. She was miffed I beat her and demanded a rematch, which she lost. I was always pretty good at geometry.

But, you know what I was much better at than pool? Pinball. I spent much of my youth in a local bowling alley playing pinball and bowling.

Now... you sure you want a rematch? :rofl:

But, you know what I was much better at than pool? Pinball. I spent much of my youth in a local bowling alley playing pinball and bowling.

Now... you sure you want a rematch? :rofl:

You bet. When I was a kid, in taverns (which was allowed around here) I was given a big handful of quarters and told to go play pinball. I did. A lot. From there I hung around arcades, skate rinks, bowling alleys, wherever I could find pinball machines. Eventually when my favorite local arcade was going out of business after 30+ years, I aquired a 1980 Williams "Black Knight" machine from the liquidation sale. It's always been my favorite machine. I've had it for a couple years now and it's brought me a lot of joy.

Sometimes I've left it on just to listen to the taunts that come from its digitized voice. It will suddenly laugh maniacally at random intervals..."MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!" and invariably scare the crap outta somebody in the house. Loads of fun!

What I'd suggest for a neutral challenge is a showdown at the Midwest Gaming Classic, in March 2012. There's an admission fee at the door but then it's all-you-can-play, all day. Pinball, pinball, PINBALL!! There's also video and computer games but I go for the pinball. Machines there from all eras and all manufacturers.

Well jeeze, I think I just hijacked this thread..sorry Roger! This does have something to do with the Dukes of Hazzard. Um....cousinly rivalry!! There.

Nice Elton John photo. Ya know, I've been wanting one of those "Captain Fantastic" pinball machines for years. Was one of the first machines I learned how to play on.

Yeah, dynamine arrows at the outhouse would be fun, but I'm afraid we'd blow ourselves up as much as anything. Then MaryAnne would be running this place by herself. Some Dukes fantasies need to stay just fantasies!

I do have an assortment of toy bow and arrow sets here in the house, with suction cup arrows. And dart guns, and toy shot guns with nerf bullets. (see earlier post, re: "chaos." ) After about 4 years of all shooting the bleep out of each other with the toys, we've effectively lost most of the plastic darts and nerf bullets. Someday I'm gonna clean the basement just to find all the ammo and plot an ambush.

Nice Elton John photo. Ya know, I've been wanting one of those "Captain Fantastic" pinball machines for years. Was one of the first machines I learned how to play on.

We've already established in this thread that you're the brawn and I'm the brains. I think we should also establish that I'm Captain Fantastic and you're the Brown Dirt Cowboy. LOL.

I'd like to interrupt this silliness with a serious announcement about my second favorite white-bearded redneck...

Today (Oct 28) is Charlie Daniels' 75th birthday. Charlie is one of the most patriotic fellers I've ever met. So patriotic in fact that he was born on the 50th birthday of the Statue of Liberty. Happy birthday to these two great Americans!

I'd like to interrupt this silliness with a serious announcement about my second favorite white-bearded redneck...

Today (Oct 28) is Charlie Daniels' 75th birthday. Charlie is one of the most patriotic fellers I've ever met. So patriotic in fact that he was born on the 50th birthday of the Statue of Liberty. Happy birthday to these two great Americans!

Happy b-day, Charlie! I love Charlie. And since I'm in a musical mood today...

One of my favorite CDB songs... Simple Man

Bet you thought I was gonna say

, huh?

I always wanted to play fiddle like Charlie.

Wow, we think alike Meadowmufn.

"Simple Man" is my favorite CDB song. Actually it's tied with "What This World Needs is a Few More Rednecks."

I'm a huge CDB fan but "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" barely squeaks in at the bottom of my top 10 favorite CDB songs.

Trace Adkins was talking about Charlie once and compared his creative abilities to Steven King's. The man's a genius at 75 and still going strong.

Speaking of creatitivy, please go back to teasing Brian now.

I've seen Charlie Daniels in concert a couple times, years ago. Great energy. Hard to believe he's 75.

Where were we....oh, Dukes of Hazzard fantasies. Which turned into a pie fight between me and Mufn. Since I've got no ammo at the moment ( I just had a big midnight snack and I'm feeling lazy) I'll make some effort to relate to the actual topic. Hmm...

Another way to enjoy a Dukes fantasy without it being an entire fantasy is to go to DukesFest or whatever they call it in the future. This last year was Hazzard Homecoming. Mind you, it's always too crowded and under-organized, I'll admit that plain. That said, when you get to hang around thousands of people who love Dukes as much as you do...that's cool. Whether or not you get this or that autograph, is a total aside. Some of my best memories of DukesFest are about hanging out with friends.

A trip to Cooter's Place in Nashville is also fun. He's got a pretty good Dukes collectibles museum there. But largely it's a store with stuff for sale, just so you have your expectations in line. The store in Gatlinburg has go-carts and mini-golf if you're looking for more to do.

Ya know, I guess I'm an advocate for making the most reality out of your Dukes fantasy as possible. If all else fails...at least get a Dixie horn for your car! You won't be sorry. :D

:-o

Roger was very clear in his rules, Brian, PG-12!

Ya know, to be honest, the reason I wrote my fanfic was in answer to that question. Obviously, I couldn't keep it brief as I wrote several. But because of that I met folks who would become a couple of my bestest friends. And we would launch a website that would bring other Dukes fans together.

Not bad for a fantasy. :)

But to answer Roger's question here I will say this.... I wish they had done more episodes with the storyline of Daisy wanting to be a song writer. That girl had dreams and they kinda took a backseat to the usual shenanigans of her cousins.

For the record, I've made an attempt to stay on topic! That said...

*hurls one under-baked lemon meringue pie at Mufn*

Which brings us back to business as usual around here.

There ain't nuthin' like high society dames gettin' a pie in the kisser! LOL.

I suggest if we ever have an official HazzardNet Fest, we should have a pie fight.