The Hazzard Garage (Cooter's Garage)

Mark B / Scooter Davenport

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On April 13, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Roth Potter said:

He's gonna need to build tree's for that, Is that possible in that scale? I'm building tree's for my H0 train layout myself, it takes some time but man are they beautiful.

I already have trees on the model- one is the big shade tree to the left of the garage.  

On October 4, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Mark B / Scooter Davenport said:

This will be the newest addition to the Hazzard Garage fleet!  Anyone who follows HossC's research will know that this particular configuration isn't actually a wrecker that appeared during the series, but to the casual viewer (or even most hard-core fans), you would never know it.  It combines elements of several wreckers seen in the series, but isn't a match for any one vehicle.  It is, however, a match to the wrecker that you will find if you visit the Cooter's Place in Nashville.  That particular wrecker also appears on all the merchandise sold at the Cooter's Place museums and website.  So I figured since my garage model will be at the Gatlinburg Cooter's for this month's Hazzard Run, I should have their tow truck parked out front.

I combined parts from two different model kits, but had to scratch build most of the rear towing rig to match the pics I took of the real thing in Nashville this past January (I can't believe I thought ahead to take that many pics!).

21757275009_c14436cd9d_b.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

21756292288_f4d9fd8a71_b.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

21932100362_5c73075130_b.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

Mark, Which kits did you use to build this wrecker?

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

55 minutes ago, Roth Potter said:

Very nice! I'm wondering though. Is the paint shop on your model also gonna a facade like the real one or is it gonna be a full building?

I'm treating these buildings as "real", so ice had to come up with some logical and fun ideas for the rear.   However I'm not doing interiors like the garage. 

• 1 month later...