Top 5 Greatest Dodge Charger and Challenger Movie Scenes

TRPColtrane95

hi guys,

one General Lee best dodge car charger check out:

http://comcast.vehix.com/articles/fun--entertainment/top-5-greatest-dodge-charger-and-challenger-movie-scenes

We’re not alone in our fascination with Dodge Challengers and Chargers. Together, these two iconic muscle cars have appeared in hundreds of movie scenes and continue to draw attention when they pull up to an intersection or rev their big engines. Although many drivers favor the early versions of both vehicles that were sold between 1966 and 1978, today they’re back in a big way with redesigned and updated versions from Dodge for 2011.

Read our review of the 2010 Dodge Charger

Read our preview of the 2011 Dodge Charger

Read our review of the 2010 Dodge Challenger

While muscle car purists will continue to debate which muscle car is truly the best – the Challenger and Charger compared to the Chevy Camaro or Ford Mustang – we’re simply happy to celebrate five great Charger and Challenger movie and TV scenes. Of course, if we’ve missed your favorite, let us know. We’ll be happy to add it to our list.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T in The Dukes of Hazzard

No Dodge muscle car is more famous than the ’69 Charger R/T Bo and Luke Duke drove during seven TV seasons and 145 episodes of The Dukes of Hazzard. The orange General Lee is one of only a few cars most Americans can name on sight (“Herbie the Love Bug” is an equally iconic car). Between 1979 when the series premiered through 1985 when it was cancelled, the Duke boys destroyed approximately 320 Dodge Chargers. That works out to one or two demolished cars per episode. It’s a fact that makes muscle car fans and covetous Charger owners shudder in despair. Today, only about 20 of the show’s original General Lee’s remain in some state of disrepair. Of course, Dukes fans continue to pay homage to the TV series by destroying Chargers at “Dukesfest” events that consist mostly of people standing on the sidelines at a county fair or open field while crazed drivers launch their cars into the sky and onto YouTube videos like the one we’ve included below.

and

http://comcast.vehix.com/articles/fun--entertainment/top-5-greatest-dodge-charger-and-challenger-movie-scenes/2

The General Lee Drifts in the Dukes of Hazzard Movie

It was only a matter of time before the General Lee and those Duke buys jumped from the small screen to the cinema. The Dukes of Hazzard movie premiered in 2005 and introduced the General Lee to a new, younger audience. Critics hated it. Audiences ate it up and the movie grossed more than $110 million. Seann William Scott played Bo. Johnny Knoxville played Luke. And Jessica Simpson took on the famed Daisy Duke role and wardrobe. You can happily live your life without seeing this movie in its entirety. But the scene where the General Lee drifts pasts cars and ultimately leaps onto a busy freeway is must-see Charger fun.

So I hope put right place in section thread since said "General Lee Discussion place as well for sure same as I did put for my own picture from Kansas Speedway thread had.

hope you enjoy it

thanks enjoy :)

Thanks for posting the link, but I can't help thinking that whoever compiled the list was a bit lazy. The first "movie" is the Dukes TV show!. That's followed by the Dukes movie, Deathproof, and both the original and remake of Vanishing Point. Three movies that came to mind before I read the article weren't even listed:

Bullitt - you can't get much better than Steve McQueen chasing down the bad guys' black '68 charger.

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry - Peter Fonda evading a helicopter in a '69 Charger.

- Vin Diesel's supercharged '70 Charger (best car in the movie).

The cars in Deathproof were used because they were paying tribute to other movies. The white Challenger was from Vanishing Point, while the Charger was black like the one in Bullitt, had the same wheels as the General Lee, and the same license plate as the Charger in Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry.

One sad point to note - very few of these Dodges make it to the end of their movies :(.

Whilst looking up the YouTube links above I came across this TV commercial for the 1969 Charger SE (love the crane driver's mustache :)):

Bullit is at the top of my list for best Dodge Charger driving/chase scenes in a movie. The bad guy driver, (stunt driver/actor Bill Hickman) handles the car with aplomb.

I'm gonna toss out there just for giggles, a so-so tv movie from 1986 called "The Gladiator" with a menacing black Dodge Charger in it. The movie stars Ken Wahl (and features Robert Culp - who is horribly under utilized in this film). What's interesting to note is apparently the Dodge Chargers used for this film (I think it was two or three of them) were actual Chargers used on the Dukes of Hazzard.

The movie's kinda "eh" but the Charger scares the crap out of me. LOL