Cooter Quotes!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a Ben Jones quote rather than Cooter. In the season 6 DVD extra 'Back Where We Started: The Real Hazzard County' Ben and Sonny are reminiscing about the first time they saw Cathy.

Ben says 'I tell you ... first time ... I said that girl'd make a bulldog break its chain, make a freight train go up a dirt road, make the deacon drop his bible.'

It was great seeing how they still got on so well after 27 years.

That makes me wonder how long the quote about the freight train and dirt road has been around. Somewhere about the time the Dukes was coming out (when Ben met Cathy like his quote said) there was a song called "When You're Ugly Like Us" it had a lyric that said something about somebody being so ugly they'd make a freight train take a dirt road. I guess they'll take dirt roads for folks who are extremely beautiful or real ugly! LOL

BTW George Jones was one of the singers. I can't remember who the other was.

I'd never heard of that song, so I Googled it. The song you mentioned is 'When You're Ugly Like Us' which was a 1980 hit for George Jones and Hazzard celebrity speedtrap's own Johnny Paycheck. I can't find any mention of freight trains or dirt roads in the lyrics. There is a 1994 song called 'She Could Make a Freight Train Take a Dirt Road' sung by Davis Daniel.

When You're Ugly Like Us lyrics.

on YouTube.

You sure have some great computer skills Hoss.

I listened to the song (I haven't heard it in 30 years I bet) and they mention the train at the end. I don't think it's included in the lyrics because they're talking and not singing. It's at the very end right after they mention the ugly stick if you're interested.

Thanks for posting that link! Good memories!

I don't think it's included in the lyrics because they're talking and not singing. It's at the very end right after they mention the ugly stick if you're interested.

I should have listened all the way through - you're quite right of course, the line is there in the talky bit. Well remembered Roger.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here's a classic from "Road Pirates".

After Cooter saw Boss and Rosco fall into wet cement, he took off his hat and looked to Heaven and said...

"Thank you Sir for a perfect day."

One of my faves is my signiture on a Roleplay site were i play Cooter:

Rosco: You call this drivin’? I could walk home faster than this. Now get a move on or I’m gonna give you a ticket for obstructing traffic.

Cooter: Now listen here Rocso, If you don’t cool it with that backseat driving, I’m going to lower this hook down, leave you smack-dab in the middle of the highway, and you can arrest yourself for obstructing traffic.

Both of these are my favorites! Cooter is hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably my favourite Cooter moment is in Miss Tri-Counties when Daisy and the boys are late getting to the swimsuit competition and Cooter plans on starting a fight to buy them more time.

Also I like him on the old west episode too as his great-great grandad or something like it. The way he acts is just really funny.

And probly my favourite quote is in Repo Men when him and Luke are about to break-out the Rolls and he says to Luke: "Just remember, the bigger they are, the harder they hit." I use that one all the time.

And Cooter also taught me how to say the word 'constabulary'. I can't remember the episode, but he tells Luke over the CB that "the whole Hazzard Constabulary is lookin' for ya'll". It was very helpful because I was in a theater production and had to say that word and nobody knew how to say it. So Cooter came to the rescue! It was great... Wow... I'm rambling. I'm down and I'm gone.

• 2 weeks later...

If everyone couldn't tell, my most favorite episode is The Ghost of General Lee. One of my most favorite quotes is from it. Its when the boys have climbed out to the back of Cooter's truck to make it lighter so Enos doesn't catch them. He looks back, grins and says, "Ol Enos is about to be tired!" I laugh and rewind a few times on that one!

• 1 month later...

I know this necessarily isnt a new addition to the Cooter quotes section, but its a funny story regarding one of his quotes!

After seeing the episode when Homer lands up on the hood of Cooter's truck, I laughed for ages and watched that part of the episode over and over. The thing that always got me was when Cooter would should "Hey! What say Homer!?"

I loved it so much, that every time I ran into one of my buddies at work or in college or anything of the sort, I'd walk up to them and say "Hey! What say Homer!?" as a way of saying hello...

Needless to say they all looked at me like a complete idiot... but I was laughing in my head and loving every minute of it!

I eventually had to tell them what it was from, because it was just getting out of control!

LOL

• 7 years later...

I've got a Cooter quote.  But I couldn't tell you which episode it's from to save my life.  I DO distinctly remember Cooter being in his tow truck and saying something like this to, I think, a bad guy after Bo and Luke ran them off the road.

Cooter: You know, a fellow with a tow truck sure can make alot of money following those Duke boys around.

8 hours ago, Carolyn_Duke1970 said:

I've got a Cooter quote.  But I couldn't tell you which episode it's from to save my life.  I DO distinctly remember Cooter being in his tow truck and saying something like this to, I think, a bad guy after Bo and Luke ran them off the road.

Cooter: You know, a fellow with a tow truck sure can make alot of money following those Duke boys around.

I remember it but can't say off hand...if i think of it, I'll get back t you. Hoss may know.