Hot Rod magazine cover story Smokey Vs The Dukes

Capt_Redneck

I just picked up my copy of the November issue of Hot Rod tonight. They seriously did a great job with this issue - it's just plain fun. And anytime you see the General Lee on the front cover of a national magazine, it has to make you smile.

It interesting to note that they were polling their own readers on the whole GL vs. Bandit thing, and went on to poll about character comparisons. (such as Rosco vs. Buford T. Justice.) John Schneider also weighs in with his opinions. Frankly, there's enough here that we're going to do another home page article about the issue, and we might re-post that Bandit vs. GL video too.

You'll enjoy having this issue for the photos alone. Also a great article in here about car webcams. More coming soon about all this on the homepage.

Meanwhile, you'll want a copy of this mag for your Dukes collection! If you don't have a Dukes collection, this is an easy way to start.

We're truly honored that Hot Rod magazine mentioned us in this issue. I had no idea until I picked up the magazine tonight. A big sal-ute and thank you to Hot Rod! :D

The homepage has been updated about the November Hot Rod issue. One quick note I have to add here, is that when I tested the links to that issue on ebay, they said the auction ended. I asked Mufn to take a look at that. My apologies in the meantime.

I'm seriously going to pick up another copy of this magazine tomorrow because everybody in my household was trying to run away with it tonight. I'll be amazed if it's still on the coffee table in the morning.

Yeah been a while since I have posted on here. Actually way too long... I have been keeping up with what is happeneing though. I have been keeping up on your facebook page too.

Again I will (and always will) praise Hazzardnet and the people who take care of it - Meadow, Brian, MaryAnne as the BEST. Your dedication and perserverence to maintain and keep this site both fresh and relevent doesn't go unnoticed. Look at the mention in Hot Rod for example. Y'All are the Dukes Of Hazzard .

As for the "members" y'all are a family and are awesome in your respect towards everyone. This is not just a website it is a home.

This is what makes HazzardNet my all time favorite site. I always make my way back.

Who said you can't come home again???

I'm gone

Darrell

Yeeehaw for HNet! And big thank ya to Hot Rod! (And to Hoss for posting that link. Khee!)

And Darrell! Welcome back! (And thank you for the wonderful comments. :)) We've always believed HNet was more than just a website, it's a community and home for folks. I'm always tickled when folks come on back after being away for awhile. Khee!

I picked mine up today. Awesome!!

It was so cool to see the General Lee on the cover when I looked on the magazine rack. It reminded me of the early 80's when stores were loaded with Dukes stuff and John, Tom and Catherine were plastered on the covers of magazines everywhere.

I'm so thankful to Hot Rod magazine for putting this story together. My compliments to whoever made the decision to run with that idea. It was awesome to see HazzardNet.com mentioned right off the bat. The first folks I thought of were Meadowmufn, Brian and MaryAnne. I love you three and thank you so much for creating this place.

I love all the other cars in the magazine as well. It made me appreciate the older cars. I sure miss them. You used to be able to work on them yourself now you can't even change your own spark plugs. Ahhhh, the good old days.

I do have three complaints about the story....two are minor....no picture of Uncle Jesse and Rosco was spelled Roscoe. The only thing I really didn't like is that they mentioned that Sally Field is prettier than Catherine Bach is today. Not in my opinion Hot Rod magazine, not in my opinion!

This is a magazine that will hold a special place in my collection of Dukes stuff. Thanks again to Hot Rod for doing it. You folks are awesome!!!

Again I will (and always will) praise Hazzardnet and the people who take care of it - Meadow, Brian, MaryAnne as the BEST. Your dedication and perserverence to maintain and keep this site both fresh and relevent doesn't go unnoticed. Look at the mention in Hot Rod for example. Y'All are the Dukes Of Hazzard .

Well, shucks... :oops: LOL.

Thanks. We do our best to make HNet the kinda place we, as loyal Dukes fans, would like to hang out and well, turns out lots of other Dukes fans like to hang out here too.

I'm gonna pick up a couple copies of HRM tomorrow... one to read, one to put in plastic to preserve. Oh, and maybe one to take apart to frame artistically and hang on the wall. Khee!

It truly is an honor and a thrill for HazzardNet to be mentioned by Hot Rod magazine. When I told my dad, he was really excited. Mom's gonna pick up a copy for him. He's the one responsible for my love of cars and Dukes of Hazzard (we used to watch the original run together when I was little), so in some small way he's partly responsible for HazzardNet. ;)

Thank you Cap'n Redneck (welcome back!) and Roger for the kind words. But it's you guys, and all the readers and members like you, who make HazzardNet what it is. Over the years there has been a lot of great conversations here in the forums, along with awesome content and stories contributed by fellow fans. If you enjoy HazzardNet, you should also be thanking the person in the mirror! What would any website be, without the people who visit and participate?

And like Roger said, I think it's way cool that Hot Rod did this brilliant cover with the Bandit Trans-Am and General Lee. I can't stop smiling every time I spot the magazine in the store. (some stores are selling out tho'!) Hot Rod could have talked about fuel injection performance, or gear ratios or any other subject, but they gave valuable magazine pages to Dukes of Hazzard and Smokey & The Bandit retrospectives. Awesome. :D

They also did an epic job on that video, and if you haven't seen it, please visit our homepage and find the link to it. It's too much fun to pass up.

Thanks ya'll !

I got my copy in the post today. For anyone outside of the US, I found mine on ebay.co.uk:

Hot Rod Magazine - November 2011

The magazine came with a flyer for the guy's own website where I could've saved a few pennies. Prices on his site are (including P&P):

UK - £5.65, Europe/USA/Canada - £6.50, Rest of World - £7.75

www.themagazineman.co.uk (scroll down to section 5 - "Hot Rod/Ol Skool Magazines - Latest Issues")

Now Hoss if you end up buying a General Lee and start driving around over there living out your Hazzard County fantasies, don't get too lost in the fantasy and start driving on the wrong side of the road like they do on all those Dukes DVDs you've been watching. You're not going to get out of jail by saying you were under the influence of Hazzard County.....and I sure don't have enough to bail you out....unless I sell next year's seed corn and three cords of firewood.

• 8 years later...