Monthly Meetings

RogerDuke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilery's right, Rog, you did nothin' wrong. Remember, this is the site that has the monthly newsletter...when we get around to it. :) If HNet staff felt ashamed about any time we've ever slacked off, this site woulda shut down about a week after it was launched 13 years ago!

I understand you feelin' overwhelmed with multiple projects tho'. That's happened to many of us, including myself, Mufn and Brian. There's only so much you can do and only so many hours you can dedicate to it. It's hard, especially when there's so much you want to do and take part in. But there's truth to learning how to say "no."

But please, don't feel bad. We appreciate all you have done and do do around here as member of the HNet community.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a friendly little reminder: We are more than halfway through the month of April, with a week and a half to go before the next chat. I wanted to get this out early so people remember to clear their calenders!

As the next chat is on a Tuesday, I will be running a teensy bit late. I have a class to teach that night for a non profit organization. I know the chats are usually scheduled for 8pm and the classes don't end until 8:30, sometimes later, and I don't usually get home until 9 or 9:30 eastern standard time.

Remember:

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012

8:00 PM EST

Howdy Folks,

This is just another friendly little reminder about the chat next week. There's just a week left starting tomorrow night before the Community Chat.

Remember, be there, or look like Rosco when he's up a tree... involuntarily. 8-)

Remember:

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012

8:00 PM

Eastern Standard Time

Today is Friday, April 27th. Four more days before the monthly chat.

Remember, be there, or Rosco will cuff you and stuff you. :innocent: well, not really... but still, you should come!

Possible topics may include:

The Dukes of Hazzard (Duh)

Computers

Fanfiction

Current Events

The actors

Video games

The wacky weather

Goofing off

Creative ways to procrastinate

and much more!

Howdy Folks,

This is just another friendly little reminder about the chat next week. There's just a week left starting tomorrow night before the Community Chat.

Remember, be there, or look like Rosco when he's up a tree... involuntarily. 8-)

Remember:

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012

Eastern Standard Time

Tomorrow's the chat!

(Sorry but I'll be a tinsy bit late due to a prior engagement)

Howdy Folks,

Remember:

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012

Eastern Standard Time

Today's the day folks!

Remember:

8PM Eastern Standard Time

Hazzardnet.com flash chat - the Boar's Nest

(I'll be about an hour to an hour and a half late so if anyone wants to kick things off for me, I'd appreciate it)

Sorry y'all missed it. It was much more toned down than the meetin's of the past (everyone was well behaved and no one was swinging from the chandelier), but it was a good time, even with a small turnout.

MaryAnne finally put Hoss out of his misery. He's spent the past month trying to figure out my real name. It was fun while it lasted.

The next meeting is tentatively scheduled for:

Friday, June 1st, 2012... Possibly... eh... apparently 8pm is too late for some folks, so how about we shoot for six pm EST? Thoughts and opinions?

At Christmas we stretched it out over a longer period to try to accommodate as many people as possible. Earlier would suit me because 8pm ET is 1am where I live, but that might not suit people on the west coast. As long as it doesn't get later than 8pm ET I'll try to be there :).

I think 6pm EST is a good idea. Since we have so many folks on here who cover darn near every time zone on this planet, (and them some of us old timers who just can't stay up real late :innocent: ) that should be a good time to start.

And yes, poor Hoss was about banging his head against the wall over tryin' to figure your name. By the way Scoot, I still can't believe you've never heard of Robert Culp...

I think 6pm EST is a good idea. Since we have so many folks on here who cover darn near every time zone on this planet, (and them some of us old timers who just can't stay up real late :innocent: ) that should be a good time to start.

And yes, poor Hoss was about banging his head against the wall over tryin' to figure your name. By the way Scoot, I still can't believe you've never heard of Robert Culp...

Yeah, unfortunately, when I read, I'm kinda more into romances set in regency England or early America... LOL I do like some books of action though. I'll have to look into his books. I don't read much since I burned out (I was reading about four to six books a week). Right now I'm more happy writing than reading. I haven't quite recovered from the burn out.

Sorry about that Hoss. Didn't mean to make you bang your head against the wall.

And one more thing MaryAnne - I agree with you for the reasons you mentioned the earlier start time was good. Not only are there old timers, there are also many teenagers amongst the membership now, many of which have very vigilant parents who monitor their internet usage, something which didn't seem to be done as much ten years ago (in other words, they can't pull all nighters like some of us in our 20's did way back when)... and then there's those who have to be up right early for work (I know of one amongst the membership who gets up at about 3:30 in the morning their time to get ready for work).

In other words, a lot of people just aren't night owls anymore... except maybe Hoss LOL.

And one more thing MaryAnne - I agree with you for the reasons you mentioned the earlier start time was good. Not only are there old timers, there are also many teenagers amongst the membership now, many of which have very vigilant parents who monitor their internet usage, something which didn't seem to be done as much ten years ago (in other words, they can't pull all nighters like some of us in our 20's did way back when)... and then there's those who have to be up right early for work (I know of one amongst the membership who gets up at about 3:30 in the morning their time to get ready for work).

In other words, a lot of people just aren't night owls anymore... except maybe Hoss LOL.

My parents just want me off at certain times but when I'm staying the night with my friend we stay up late. But in the past few year we have only stay up till 1 or 2. So I will say that we're old timers even though she doesn't want to admit it.

But my parents do good at giving me my space online. But my dad warned me that if I try to hide something when they walk into the room, he will look at everything I've done. Even what I've said in a chat room. And do all of that from his computer. I love that they care but I will say that it's just a bit too much.

Unlike the old timers who had MySpace online. :rofl:

My dad had one. But now both my mom and dad have a Facebook and they watch everything I post. And a funny thing is that my mom can't see anything of what my one friend does and vise versa for her. It's like they don't exist to each other.

But both my parents do good at not worring about what I'm on. They know that I know what I can't and can do.

Yeah, unfortunately, when I read, I'm kinda more into romances set in regency England or early America... LOL I do like some books of action though. I'll have to look into his books. I don't read much since I burned out (I was reading about four to six books a week). Right now I'm more happy writing than reading. I haven't quite recovered from the burn out.

As much as Robert Culp would have liked to have been a novelist (he did try to write one once) he was not. He was an actor. 8-)