RedHead's Emotional State

As Vicki walked back towards her car several minutes later, she gasps in shock as she sees Bo in the driver's seat.

"Bo, did I tell you that you could drive my car?" asked Vicki as she sat down in the passenger seat.

"No, sweet angel, you didn't tell me anything. I thought that you needed to rest for a while. You're face is white as a sheet of paper," said Bo as he was putting on his seat belt.

"Well, that makes me feel better, sugar. So what caused you to do this for me?" asked Vicki sweetly, placing her hand on Bo's arm.

"Sugar, I'm worried sick about you. I don't want you to leave me. We've got so much to look forward to in the future," said Bo, taking off his seat belt again as his blue eyes were directly locked on hers as he pulls her into his arms. Cupping her face with his hand, he then added, "I want us to have a fresh start with our life again."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowly Vicki said, "What kind of fresh start did you have in mind?" She couldn't believe that Bo was wanting to have a second chance with her.

Bo smiled and touched his hand to the curve of her cheek. "Sugar, I want to make things right with you. I'll go to whereever you go. I know about you wanting to go to Oklahoma to help Pam run her horse ranch."

Vicki couldn't believe it. Was Bo really saying this directly from his heart?

She also wondered who told Bo that she was thinking about leaving temporarily...

Bo continued on.

"Sugar, I'm now glad that we're 200 miles away from Hazzard. What I want to say to you can't be said in front of anyone else."

Vicki stammered. "W-What is it, Bo? Is there something wrong?"

Bo laughed as he held Vicki in his arms. "Heck no, sugar. Do you remember how cold you were earlier with your emotions?"

"Yeah, sweetheart. I felt so sad after losing the baby," said Vicki, looking down, hiding a tear building in her eyes.

"I felt the same way, sugar. I treated you so badly after that, even though it wasn't possible then for us to have a baby," said Bo as he cradle Vicki in his arms as she wept quietly then added, "If there is anyway I can make it up to you & help you through this, I want to be there every step of the way."

Vicki started to say something, but Bo continued pouring his heart out to the redhead as he was driving into the Smokey Mountains. "Sugar, I don't have any excuses for what I did to you, I felt bad after saying that to you in the hospital. I was so upset that I almost left again to go back out on the NASCAR circuit."

"Yeah, you were going back out on the NASCAR circuit only because you really don't care for me," said Vicki, looking out the window of her mustang, hiding another tear that was building in her eyes.

Pulling off on the shoulder of the interstate, Bo made Vicki look at him.

"Honey, I didn't want to go. You opened my eyes when you took me away from Hazzard several hours ago! You made me see our marriage in a new light. I am so sorry for ever hurting you."

Vicki pressed her lips together hard, determined not to cry again. That had been happening too many times lately. Maybe she could forgive Bo for everything.

She didn't know what to say to him though. She was still in shock.

Even if she had known the words, she couldn't have said them anyway, especially right now. Bo had never spoken to her like this before, opening his emotions out on her.

As Bo continued to drive towards Pigeon Forge, Finally, Vicki asked, "So what stopped you from going back out on the NASCAR circuit a week ago?" She knew the answer she wanted to hear.

"I think that you know the answer to that. It's you. You're the only reason why I didn't leave Hazzard for good," said Bo, with his eyes darkening seriously as he dove his hands into Vicki's long red hair.

After a moment in which he stared long & hard into her tear streaked eyes, he forced himself to go on. "The thought of a life without you would be unbearable, Vicki."

AUTHOR NOTE: As y'all can tell, I made some changes on my writing style. These last few posts and the next ones to come are basically from the character's point of view on how they feel. I hope that y'all like the changes. Take Care! :wink:

Vicki's heart leapt at what Bo had just admitted to her. She stared in shock directly into his eyes. "Do you really mean what you said? You're afraid of losing me?" she asked, surprised by his remark.

Taking off his seatbelt, Bo stared Vicki back directly in the eyes. Luckily, they were stopped at a gas station near Pigeon Forge, or Bo would have went off the road.

"Yeah, sugar, I am afraid of losing you. I don't want that to happen. When we took our vows a year ago, we promised each other that we would love each other, no matter what the consequences are. And as the vows said, for as long as we both shall live, I will always love you," said Bo as he kissed Vicki lightly on the cheek.

Vicki swallowed. Her pulse was racing. She saw the warmth and tenderness in his eyes. Vicki nearly melted just seeing the love in his eyes. This was the 1st time that she felt loved in a long time, especially coming from her husband.

"Is it because of the passion & love between us caused you to be with me right now?" she asked slowly, knowing that if they were going to try to patch things up between them, their relationship had to be real, and it had to be right. She was hoping that their relationship could get stronger.

"Sugar, that, and how you kidnapped me earlier when I was being a real jerk to you. I wasn't listening to you, and I was just to pigheaded to see how you felt. I was just upset about you losing the baby. I am sorry for treating you so badly, especially after the loss of our baby," said Bo as he held Vicki in his arms then added, "If there was anything in the world to make it up to you, I want to make you very happy until we die old together. Perhaps, when the doc gives you the ok, we'll try to have a baby again soon."

Vicki sighed loudly as Bo was driving into Pigeon Forge. Euphoric relief surged through her. Against all the odds, she knew that she and Bo had a future together. She couldn't believe it, but was happy that Bo wanted a second chance at their marriage.

"Big talk there, handsome," she teased, laying a hand over Bo's heart. "Keep talking."

Beneath her fingers, she felt his strong steady heartbeat, and she knew that her world had righted once again.

"Yeah, and everything I told you was from the bottom of my heart," Bo said in a rusty trembling voice. "All these how-to-be-a-proper-husband hints that I have been reading lately must have finally sunk in when we were half-way to Tennessee."

"Even though you're against me working in Chickasaw County," said Vicki.

Bo laughed as he held his bride in his arms. "I can't go wrong there, sweetheart, but I know that you have a good job there. Even though I dislike Sheriff Little, I will stand behind you every inch of the way."

Vicki stared at him, not sure whether to laugh or to burst into tears. She only saw the intent look in his eyes. It kindled her own fires. "Sweetheart, even if I decide to go visit my sister out in Oklahoma?"

"Even then, sugar. If you want to go out and visit Pam for a few weeks, go ahead, I don't mind," said Bo as he held Vicki in his arms. "All I want right now is for us to be happy."

In a burst of love and relief, Vicki hugged him. "Sweetheart, I'm so glad. And so relieved. But I want you to be sure this is what you want."

"It is, sweet angel. Although I regret to admit that it's taken almost losing you in the hospital a week ago to make me realize it. I know that I have been unfair to you," said Bo as he cradle Vicki in his arms then added, "I wasn't sure that I had any more love to give to you until I almost walked away from you permentantly."

Vicki wrapped her arms around Bo's waist. "That is when I grabbed you.

I grabbed you because I knew that you still loved me deeply inside your heart," she teased and leaned in close, savoring his warmth and his strength and the essence that was him.

"Of course I do, sweet angel," said Bo as he kissed her hard and long on the mouth then added as they parted, "Does this mean that you forgive me?"

"Guess so, sweetheart," Vicki quipped as her heart soared. Her eyes misted as they met his. She hugged him tenderly. "You are hard to stay mad at, farmboy."

Bo laughed as he held Vicki in his arms. "Same here, sugar. Since we're here in Piegon Forge, why don't we get a motel room for the night."

Vicki giggled as she held her husband. "Sounds like a good idea to me, darling. Lead the way."

Bo laughed as he pulled into a motel in Pigeon Forge. "You're on, sugar. I'm going to lead the way back into your heart & soul forever."

• 2 weeks later...

AUTHOR NOTE: As y'all know by now, this is based on a partial true story. Pigeon Forge is really a tourist town in eastern Tennessee in the heart of the Smokey Mountains, near Knoxville. I went there on vacation about 15 years ago.

*I'm going to do my best to finish up this storyline within the next few posts so I can finish getting ready for my baby's birth! Take Care!

Near Pigeon Forge, Tennessee... Approximately 4 p.m.

"Sugar, are you sure about this?" asked Bo uneasily as he was getting out of the mustang then added, "I still can't believe that you took me all the way to Tennessee."

They were stopped at a motel just outside of Pigeon Forge.

"Bo, if you're worried about me, I'm perfectly fine now. This is exactly what we needed right now," said Vicki as Bo opened the car door for her.

"Maybe it is what we needed right now, sugar. Maybe this will help us build our relationship and our love for each other," said Bo, taking Vicki's hand gently.

Vicki sighed loudly as she was holding Bo's hand as they were walking inside the motel office. "I hope that this does help our relationship, Bo."

"It will once when we start talking about how we feel for each other," said Bo as he gave Vicki a kiss lightly on the mouth then added as he pulled away from her, "I love you more than life itself. I hope that you can believe me oneday."

"Yeah, as much as we talked in the last few hours, I am starting to believe that," sighed Vicki loudly as she followed Bo over to the counter where the motel manager was standing, reading his sales book.

"Hello, kids. What brings y'all here on this beautiful early summer afternoon?" asked Stan, the motel office manager.

"Nothing much, sir," said Bo cheerfully, then putting his arm around Vicki's shoulders he added, "We would like a room for the night."

Vicki giggled as she put her arms around her husband. "And if you have an honeymoon suite, that would be even better."

Stan laughed. "So you kids are on your honeymoon. That's nice."

"Well actually she kid..." Bo started to say, but was elbowed in the ribs by Vicki. "Hush it sugar. We need to do this now..." she whispered into Bo's ear as she kissed his earlobe. She felt the intensive heat start to build inside her husband.

"I know that we do, sugar, even though you did take me against my will," said Bo as he raised his brow, his desire to possess his wife, heart and soul, growing all the stronger.

The next morning...

*BALLADEER*: Vicki & Bo were finally back together and slowly getting back to the way they were long before the loss of their baby and the strain that was in their relationship.

Back in Hazzard and thanks to Hughie Hogg for giving them information on where Vicki might have taken Bo, Luke & Daisy were packing their suitcases.

They were leaving to go to Tennessee, and to go after the estranged couple.

"Luke, do you think that this is a good idea?" asked Daisy as she walked into the kitchen where her cousin was sitting down at the table drinking a cup of coffee before they left for their long drive into Tennessee.

"What other choice do we have, Daisy?" asked Luke, nodding his head then added, "We need to bring both of our cousins home. They shouldn't be treating each other like this.

I know deep down that Bo is still truly in love with Vicki. He told me that a few days ago."

"Vicki told me that also, a couple of days ago. She told me that no matter how mad she is at Bo for treating her so badly in the past, that she is still deeply in love with him, and she wants to stay married to him," said Daisy as she was drinking a cup of coffee also.

"That is exactly what Bo told me a few days ago. He told me that he wants to stay married to that redhead the rest of his life. He told me that he is going to do his best to keep her happy, no matter what the consequences are between them," said Luke.

*"What about if Vicki does decide to go to Oklahoma to visit her sister? Suppose she might like it out there and wants to stay?" asked Daisy.

"I'm sure that they will work something out, Daisy. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe Bo will go out there to Oklahoma with Vicki," said Luke with a smile.

"Wouldn't it be something to see Bo on a horse again?" asked Daisy with a giggle then added, "That is what Pam is doing out in Oklahoma right now, raising horses."

"Yeah, and Bo doesn't like horses all that well either," laughed Luke.

"For Vicki, I'm sure that Bo will do just about anything for her," said Daisy.

"I'm sure of it, Daisy. Bo told me that they were meant to be together," said Luke as his crystal blue eyes lit up some then added, "If you're ready, let's head towards Tennessee."

"I'm with you, honey," said Daisy as she followed her cousin out the back door towards the General Lee...

AUTHOR NOTE: Parts of this post could be rated PG, depending on how you read it! :wink:

Meanwhile...at the same time at a motel in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee...

Vicki yawned as she woke up. She looked around, and noticed that it was still dark outside. She was content for the 1st time in weeks. Her face was warm against Bo's shoulder as she watched her husband sleep peacefully as she was still in his arms as they held each other earlier in the night.

Her body decided to try and make up for all those sleepless nights in the past. Tiredness stole over her as she yawned, weighted her heavy lids, and for a while, she slept.

The sun shining onto her face woke Vicki several hours later. She turned her face to where her husband was sleeping, and found that Bo was leaning up on one elbow, watching her.

When he saw that Vicki was awake, Bo smiled as he reached out to trail his fingers over her face, then picked up a thick strand of her red hair and began winding it into a spiral.

"I like to watch you sleep," he said softly. "Need to make sure that you're still here."

Vicki smiled at Bo as she leans her face towards him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I was just thinking about asking you the same thing."

Bo laughed, then gave Vicki a long lingering kiss on the mouth. "After what you did to me yesterday, I will always be willing to be here with you forever."

Searching his eyes, Vicki reached up to touch him all over, letting her hand linger upward towards his jaw, his neck, his shoulder with a scar from a bullet wound several months earlier, and she gave in to a soft sigh she she touched his face with love. "After all we've been through, Bo, I feel the same way."

Meeting her eyes, he groaned as he pulled her into his arms. Vicki sighed as she laid her head down on Bo's bare chest. "Just love me forever, my love," he drawled as he began to kiss Vicki again with hunger for her heart.

As Bo continued to hold & kiss her with passion & emotion from his heart, Vicki knew that true love had finally found its way back into their hearts. She knew that her love for her husband will always be there with them, forever.

As they rested that morning, the couple talked about their dreams of happiness together.

Bo rested his forehead against Vicki's, touched his mouth to the bridge of her nose. A breath dragged deep into his lungs; he lifted his head slightly, and looked down deeply into Vicki's eyes.

"What is on your mind, sweetheart?" Vicki asked as Bo grinned at her.

"You. It is hard to believe that I almost lost you because of me acting like a jerk," said Bo, pulling Vicki closer to him.

"That is now in the past, sweetheart. But I have a question for you," said Vicki, placing her hand on Bo's face.

"Go ahead, sugar," said Bo as his fingers got tangled in her long auburn-red hair.

"Do you truly love me, despite what happened to us in the past?" she asked, staring straight into Bo's eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

"So Bo, despite everything that has happened to us, do you truly love me?" Vicki asked again, staring deeply into Bo's eyes.

He stared deeply into her eyes. She felt his sudden stillness, the way he held his breath for a moment, and clenched his hand on her shoulder to provide warmth & comfort.

"Yes, of course I do. I'm still deeply in love with you. Why else are we here on our second honeymoon?" he asked gently as he kissed her cheek.

"So we could tell each other the way we feel," said Vicki, sighing loudly as Bo held her in his arms.

"That's right. In the last week that I was away from you, I was moping around the house, which is way to large for just the 2 of us," said Bo.

"Maybe we could move back to the farm. We didn't have to move into my parents house when they moved to Oklahoma a couple of months ago," said Vicki as she twirled her fingers into Bo's thick blonde hair.

"Maybe we will shortly, sweetheart. I kind of like it there by ourselves. Anyway, like I was saying, as I was there at our house by myself, I kept hearing echoes--echoes of you--I thought that I would go mad if I couldn't hold you in my arms or talk to you one last time," said Bo as he lightly kissed Vicki on the mouth.

• 3 weeks later...

As they parted, Bo continued on as he held Vicki.

"Even if you do decide to go to Oklahoma to be with your sister, I'm going to come out there to talk to you."

"You're really crazy aren't you?" asked Vicki as she held her husband close.

Bo laughed. "It depends on how you say it, sugar. I'm am crazy enough to follow you anywhere."

"Even if I decide to go there right now?" asked Vicki.

"Whatever you want to do sugar. But if I come out there, I'm going to do my best to get you to come back to Hazzard with me. I would shout at you, hold you, and maybe even kiss you enough to coax you into coming back with me."

"You were willing to do all that for me?" asked Vicki, sighing loudly as she gently laid her head down on Bo's shoulder.

"Of course, sweetheart. I want you more than anything, I want your closeness, and I want to share the rest of my life with you," said Bo as he lightly kissed the tip of Vicki's nose.

Surprised by Bo's remark, Vicki gently got out of bed, and walked over to the window.

"Honey, what's wrong?" asked Bo as he walked over to the window and gently held his wife in his arms.

"Just thinking about what you told me, Bo. You haven't acted like this towards me in a long time," sighed Vicki loudly.

"I meant every word of it too, sugar. I was just thinking what it would be like if we were to try again to start a family," said Bo as he held Vicki close.

Did she? Vicki had never really thought about it until now. She thought about all those tiny babies to love sometime in the future, but she could picture it now, she found--a strudy little baby, a boy or girl that would grow up to look like Bo.

"Babies," she said softly. Although technically, by infliction, that hadn't been a question.

"That's what technically makes up a family, sweetheart," said Bo, pulling back a loose strand of Vicki's red hair away from her face.

She took a breath, wondering what words she could possibly need to hear in the face of this.

"Are you positively sure about this, Bo?" she asked softly then added, "This isn't exactly something you can't change your mind about."

"Sweetheart, I've thought hard & long about this. This isn't a spur-of-the-moment endeavor. I've had lots of time to think about this. I want to give our marriage another try, and I want us to start a family when you're able," he said as he kissed Vicki lightly on the mouth.

"For you, my love, as soon as I get back from Oklahoma," said Vicki softly against Bo's lips as they parted.

"YEE-HAW! My sweet angel! I love you. I want to very much give you all my love and give you a baby in the future. I love you so much that I can't live without you. So yes, I'm danged sure about this," Bo said as he held Vicki tightly in his arms.

"I love you," she said as she wove her fingers through his hair and pulled him close.

They smiled at each other before they kissed each other passionately, sealing their love for eternity.

About an hour later...

Sometime later, Luke pulled the General Lee in front of a secluded cabin nestled in the woods of the Smokey Mountains.

"Luke, do you think that they're here?" asked Daisy, as she was getting out of the General Lee.

Looking around, Luke notices a black mustang parked towards the back of the cabin. "Does this answer your question, Daisy?" he asked as he smiled at his cousin.

"Vicki certainly took Bo a long ways from home. It is so beautiful up here," said Daisy, taking in the fresh mountain air.

"And I bet that Bo is enjoying it up here too. Take a look at who is walking out of the cabin," said Luke as he notices that Bo walked out of the front door of the cabin.

"Bo! Are you all right?" asked Daisy as she approached her cousin.

"Couldn't be better, Daisy. Vicki & I had a long talk. As soon as she gets back from Oklahoma, we're going to try again to start a family," said Bo as he gave his cousin a hug.

"That's great, Bo! You & Vicki deserve to be together," said Daisy.

"That's right Daisy," said Vicki as she came out of the cabin, smiling brightly at Daisy, Luke, and Bo. "We're together again, forever."

EPILOGUE:

"Honey, are you sure about this?" asked Bo as he followed Vicki out the cabin, carrying a couple of suitcases.

"Bo, I already promised Pam that I would come out there and help her run the horse ranch. I'm only going to be gone for a few weeks," said Vicki, opening the trunk to the mustang.

"Maybe I should go out there with you," said Bo.

"If ya want too, Bo. But I think that Jesse might need help taking care of the farm. I would love to have you be with me, but family does come first," said Vicki, giving Bo a hug as she opened the door to her mustang.

"Don't I know it, sugar," said Bo, giving Vicki a kiss on the mouth then added, "Family does comes first, and I'm looking forward to the day that we have one together."

*****THE END****** :wink: