Baseball

Garrett Duke

The Cubs won't win until 2015 - did you learn nothing from 'Back to the Future Part II'? ;)

Well that is the first time I saw that clip...haven't seen those movies. Besides baseball don't go by the movies...they go game by game. Player by player. So until I am able to go in the past and predict the season to gain money, I will go by scores and such. ;)

Talking of baseball...Jeff Gordon took his two year old son to the Yankees game. :) Not the Cubs but at least it is the Yankees. ;)

The Pittsburgh Pirates have become the first team in the majors to hit the 50 win mark. This is a feat they haven't accomplished since 1960 when little RogerDuke was wearing diapers. By the way, they won the World Series that year.

For Pirate fans though we'd just be happy for a winning season, something we haven't seen in 20 years. No other team in American big league sports has ever been that bad.

The Pittsburgh Pirates have become the first team in the majors to hit the 50 win mark. This is a feat they haven't accomplished since 1960 when little RogerDuke was wearing diapers. By the way, they won the World Series that year.

For Pirate fans though we'd just be happy for a winning season, something we haven't seen in 20 years. No other team in American big league sports has ever been that bad.

Congrats again Roger...

So in other words, prior to this season, the Cubs have been better than your Pirates? Woo hoo! Let's go Cubs! :D

LOL Well I wouldn't exactly word it like that Garrett but I will say that your Cubs have NOT had losing seasons the last 21 years in a row.

Dang it Roger...isn't it enough that your Pirates are on track for a hundred game winning season? You just have to go burst my bubble. LOL. Well if your Pirates can do it, my Cubs can do it. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Cubs have one. Pirates have five. Reds have three.

So Roger, you have more players on the team than Garrett and I.

Well y'all can rejoice in having more players in the All Star break...it only means the Cubs will have more rested players that will be refreshed and ready to go on Friday...ready to have the best second half of the season! :D

I saw the score. I really wish I didn't have my wisdom teeth out when I did, 'cause today's game is a special one. It's Girl Scout Day there and I'm a girl scout. I would have loved to go and be apart of the parade they are going to do before the game on the field. It would have also been fun to watch a game between our teams.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'll get this thing rolling again. As of last night, Pirates were in the lead with St. Louis in second with 3 games and Reds with 3.5 games. It all seems really impressive.

And for you Garrett, I was on Tumblr and one of the people I follow posted this which I couldn't help but repost and think of you.

So I'll get this thing rolling again. As of last night, Pirates were in the lead with St. Louis in second with 3 games and Reds with 3.5 games. It all seems really impressive.

And for you Garrett, I was on Tumblr and one of the people I follow posted this which I couldn't help but repost and think of you.

HA HA K Duke...Very funny. LOL. Just because Roger's pirates (shouldn't they be in jail instead of on the field. Pirates are normally known for being mean and stealing and such...just sayin' ;) ) have won a game or two more than the Cubs, don't mean the Cubs haven't won a game this season. ;) Though I have to admit it is a pretty sad season...I am sure I have cursed all my teams. Well at least Gordon and the Cubs at least. Perhaps if I start going for Roger's Pirates and his Dale Jr...the Pirates will start to lose miserably and Jr will be plagued with a bunch of bad luck.

Well the Pirate idea sounds good...not so much for Jr. Jr is my third favorite driver and hate to see him have any more bad luck than what he had yesterday. *SIGH*

Well, K - Duke, all I can say is that NEXT year is going to be the CUBS year...forget that I have been saying that for over fifteen years now. I say it long enough, it is bound to become true. :roll:

Well, K - Duke, all I can say is that NEXT year is going to be the CUBS year...forget that I have been saying that for over fifteen years now. I say it long enough, it is bound to become true. :roll:

People should admire your persistance, Garrett. It takes a true fan to think about their team like you do. I know the Cubs will have their season soon, or at least before ya die :).

Great post K-Duke.

I'm not a Cubs fan but I'm a huge fan of folks like Garrett who are loyal.

I'm right in the middle between Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Cleveland, about 100 miles from each of them. Because I'm in Pennsylvania we have a lot of Pittsburgh fans but I certainly admire the loyalty of Cleveland fans and we sure have a lot of them here, especially Browns fans. The only way I wouldn't root for a Cleveland or Buffalo team if it made it to the championship (of any sport) would be if they were facing Pittsburgh. Since the Browns and Steelers are in the same conference that can't happen.

On second thought if the Indians ever faced the Cubs in the World Series I'd root for the Cubs.....their loyal fans have been waiting longer than anybody.

Great post K-Duke.

I'm not a Cubs fan but I'm a huge fan of folks like Garrett who are loyal.

I'm right in the middle between Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Cleveland, about 100 miles from each of them. Because I'm in Pennsylvania we have a lot of Pittsburgh fans but I certainly admire the loyalty of Cleveland fans and we sure have a lot of them here, especially Browns fans. The only way I wouldn't root for a Cleveland or Buffalo team if it made it to the championship (of any sport) would be if they were facing Pittsburgh. Since the Browns and Steelers are in the same conference that can't happen.

On second thought if the Indians ever faced the Cubs in the World Series I'd root for the Cubs.....their loyal fans have been waiting longer than anybody.

Thanks y'all. :D I have been a Cubs fan since I was four...and don't see that changing. EVER. LOL. I may disagree with their trades and what not, but will be a fan, no matter what. I hope you are right, K-Duke. That I will be able to see them in the World Series before I die.

Roger your post reminded me of an article I read today about which football team has the most loyal fans. Cowboys are ranked as the team with the most loyal NFL fans while the poor Raiders have the least loyal fans. The Bears came in seventh...guess they didn't know me when they made this post. LOL

Roger your post reminded me of an article I read today about which football team has the most loyal fans. Cowboys are ranked as the team with the most loyal NFL fans while the poor Raiders have the least loyal fans. The Bears came in seventh...guess they didn't know me when they made this post. LOL

I say that about the Cowboys this morning. I thought that was really interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Garrett. After a record breaking 21 years of losing seasons (the worst in the history of big league US sports) it's nice to see my Pirates doing well.

I wish your Cubs would have had as good of a year. It would have been fun to face them in the playoffs. Maybe next year.

I just saw that the Pirates pitchers have given up 88 home runs all season, the LEAST in all of baseball!

Thanks Garrett. After a record breaking 21 years of losing seasons (the worst in the history of big league US sports) it's nice to see my Pirates doing well.

I wish your Cubs would have had as good of a year. It would have been fun to face them in the playoffs. Maybe next year.

I just saw that the Pirates pitchers have given up 88 home runs all season, the LEAST in all of baseball!

Ok I have to ask why would it be fun to face them in the playoffs? They're in the same division. National League Central. The Pirates play the Cubs 19 times all season including seven upcoming games this month. You've seen them play all season. As far as the Division goes it'll probably be the Pirates and the Cardinals. Unless Cinci picks up their game and knocks out the rest of the month and fights it's way to the top. I'm hoping so and that way I can watch the Braves and the Reds do battle for the national league title. That's just me and my dad though. Good luck to your Pirates.

Ok I have to ask why would it be fun to face them in the playoffs? They're in the same division. National League Central. The Pirates play the Cubs 19 times all season including seven upcoming games this month. You've seen them play all season. As far as the Division goes it'll probably be the Pirates and the Cardinals. Unless Cinci picks up their game and knocks out the rest of the month and fights it's way to the top. I'm hoping so and that way I can watch the Braves and the Reds do battle for the national league title. That's just me and my dad though. Good luck to your Pirates.

Excuse me if you don't mind...why wouldn't he want to see the Pirates play the Cubs? They may not be ranked as high as the Cardinals, Reds, Pirates and the such, but that doesn't make them an uninteresting team or one you wouldn't want to see play in the playoffs. No matter how many times they have played...I agree with Roger. It would be awesome to see the Cubs play the Pirates in the play offs...it would probably have to be for a wild card position, but still, it would be awesome to watch! Hmmm I wonder how much money Roger has that I can win off of him when the Cubs beat the Pirates in the play offs? :lol:

I think it'd be fun to see the Pirates vs the Cubs in the playoffs simply because I'm competitive with Garrett. LOL

The Pirates just beat the Rangers three games in a row.

On Tuesday night (in Texas) there were TWO outs in the bottom of the ninth with the Pirates up 5-2. Nobody was on base. It looked over.

Before you known it, the Rangers had runners on the corners and the score was 5-4. Adrian Beltre was up for Texas and he's one of the best hitters in baseball, hitting .370 lifetime against the Pirates. First pitch: called strike Second pitch: swing and miss. Third pitch: swing and miss.