Baseball

Garrett Duke

There's only one way to settle this...

PLAY BALL!!!

Oh shucks, we have to wait a few more days.

Seriousely though, this is a big year for the Pirates. They've had 19 years in a row where they've lost more than they've won. No other team in USA big league sports has been that bad. I just hope they can snap that streak...'cause 20 is, like a trillion times bigger than 19....according my my calculator.

If the Pirates don't win it I'll root for the Cubs considering how long it's been since they've won it all but let's face it, the Pirates have a better chance of having a winning season than the Cubs do of winning the World Series....

in the meantime, I have to get back to the business of pretending I hate the Cubs.....just because our rivalry is so fun.

Hey Roger...I just heard from Boss Hogg and he is wanting his crooked calculater BACK. :-o

Seeing how this is the CUBS year to win the World Series ring...am so glad to hear that this time next year, you too will be a CUBS fan!!!

Four more days til the boys of summer will be taking the field...CAN'T WAIT!

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

I not really like baseball often since I like watching on and off when St.Louis Cardindals and Kansas City Royals for me but we watching more on Hockey game like St. Louis Blues... their colors is blue/yellow/white now than old had. Cardinals red/white and Royals is blue/white so they my favorite teams.... just start spring now on tv. :)

Just a reminder...Baseball season has officially started with the Miami Marlins and the St. Louis Cardinals game tonight. My baseball season starts tomorrow in Chicago...Cubs Vs Washington Nationals. Ryan Dempster will take the mound for the Cubs aganst Stephen Strasburg (Sp?)...and since I will be at work, will have to read up on the Cubs opening day win. HA HA.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!

Just my bad luck! The Pirates play thier first series against the team that won the most games in the majors last year, the Phillies. I was hoping we'd have an easy target (like the Cubs). I was hoping we'd get some confidence built up with a couple early wins but this is going to be tough. Talk about being thrown into the fire!

Miami's new stadium looked great! I'm glad St. Louis beat them though.

Just my bad luck! The Pirates play thier first series against the team that won the most games in the majors last year, the Phillies. I was hoping we'd have an easy target (like the Cubs). I was hoping we'd get some confidence built up with a couple early wins but this is going to be tough. Talk about being thrown into the fire!

Miami's new stadium looked great! I'm glad St. Louis beat them though.

Well Roger you'll be happy to hear MY CUBS lost 2-1 today. :cry: They had a great game going until Kerry Wood came in to relieve Ryan Dempster and walked a guy in to tie the game up. Nationals went ahead and scored another run to win the game. Though I wouldn't say they were easy targets...Ryan Dempster struck out ten batters today for the Cubs.

Well at least the Cubs got their ONE game to lose over...now onto winning. :D

I was very happy yesterday. My METS won behind Johan Santana's awesome comeback performance beating the Braves 1-0. I was a little upset that I couldn't go to opening day since I don't live in the area anymre. Didn't even think of going to the Tigers opening day since i live in Michigan now.

It also was awesome that they are wearing their classic pinstripe unifroms this season and dropped the black from it.

Now they can lose the rest of the season but I would still love them.

I'm gone

Darrell

I'm with you Capt. I'd pick the Mets over the Yankees any day although I do have to admit I have the Yankees first baseman on my fantasy team.

Today was a big win for my Pirates. After losing opening day to the winningest team in baseball last year (Phillies with 102) the Pirates beat them in extra innings today. To make matters better Alex Presley had the winning RBI and he's on my fantasy team.

So, we have....

Garrett....Cubs

Capt Redneck....Mets

RogerDuke.....Pirates

Jump in there folks. Who else wants in on the action?

I think Brian is a Brewers fan and Meadowmufn is a Mariners fan.

Living in mid-michigan now, I have been to a few Tigers games. I like going to games, always a fun time at a ballpark. The thing is I am not much of an American League fan. Don't know why but most of the AL teams don't appeal to me.

When the Mets played the Tigers last year here at Comerica Park, I was in heaven. Got ribbed a little but overall it was cool. Almost the same thing when went I went to a Red Wings/ NY Rangers game in Detroit, except it was a little more intense. BUT nothing beats going to a Dodgers/Mets game in Los Angeles. I was there on business and as a group went to the game. I was excited. Seeing the Mets in Dodger Stadium was exciting. Got my Piazza Mets jersey and hat on, sat in the all-you-can-eat seats in right field. I had an experience where I felt unsafe. I was actually a little scared. Got really ribbed and threatened for wearing my Mets jersey.

But overall I love baseball and most fans are awesome.

I'm gone

Darrell

Love going to the ball games. Been to Wrigley Field six or seven times and will be going back in June. Love it there. Haven't been to any other stadiums and don't really feel the urge to do so just because I love Wrigley so much. Am looking forwawrd to going back.

Well Roger you are one game up on me since my Cubs lost yesterday...again.. Due to their relieving pitchers...one of which is on all three of my fantasy teams due to him being my favorite...KERRY WOOD. Oh well. Am sure he will get his stuff back and will be back to winning...soon. :D

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!

I had an experience where I felt unsafe. I was actually a little scared. Got really ribbed and threatened for wearing my Mets jersey.

I've never really been to a big league game (of any sport) where I was wearing clothes of the visiting team but I've heard it can get ugly especially later in the game when drunken idiots start acting like....well....drunken idiots.

Well Roger went and asked for it with his suggestion to have me deleted for liking the BEST team there is. So Roger I dedicate this song just for you and who ever else is against the Cubs. Hey Roger...if you listen to the whole song carefully you will notice that there is a line that says the Cubs have the best fans. Now ain't that the truth or what? :p (Also if you watch the slide show the first Cubs player they show is Kerry Wood who is now a relief pitcher. He is my favorite current Cubs player...him and Alfonso Soriano. Though Ryne Sandberg, now retired, will always be my all time favorite Cubs player...)

Brian...perhaps that is why our characters don't seem to get along. HA. Brewers and the Packers - you are doubly against me it seems. Ah well. May the best team win as you say - which will be the CUBS/BEARS. :rofl: (Sorry couldn't help myself...) How you enjoying ex-Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez?

I'll credit Cubs fans for loyalty, because it's not the winning seasons that keep the bleachers filled at Wrigley. Heheheh...

And yeah, I'm a Brewers/Packers fan so that puts us where it does. But it's all in good fun. In fact I might propose an amusing little wager on the season. I gotta think of some ideas. You'd look really good with a Brewer's logo as an avatar, for example.

Alright my METS won again beating the dreaded Phillies after a 2 game set back against the Nationals.

Still way too early in the season but they are off to a promising start at 5-2. I only wish I was still on Long Island to go to some games. Tigers games are fun to go to, really nice ballpark, but like I said I am not much of an American League fan.

I'm gone

Darrell

I'll credit Cubs fans for loyalty, because it's not the winning seasons that keep the bleachers filled at Wrigley. Heheheh...

And yeah, I'm a Brewers/Packers fan so that puts us where it does. But it's all in good fun. In fact I might propose an amusing little wager on the season. I gotta think of some ideas. You'd look really good with a Brewer's logo as an avatar, for example.

As much as I love the Cubs, I'll have to admit that it is most likely not the winning season that keeps the bleachers packed at Wrigley. Found it kinda ironic a several years back when the Braves were so hot and going to the World Series so often, that I had turned either a Braves World Series game or play off game...think it was a World Series game, in Atlanta if memory serves me correctly, and saw the stands only half full if that. Yet the Cubs will get a packed crowd even on their worse year.

Agreed...the rivalry is all in good fun. An amusing wager would be fun...especially to see you with a Cubs avator or what else you cook up. Cubs may not be off to the best start, but it only means it can only get better.

This Cubs fan, refuses to give up hope. :D

We've even pulled a moderator into this baseball rivalry and it's still a National League affair. Isn't there any Dukes of Hazzard fans out there who like American League teams?

Garrett....Cubs

Capt Redneck....Mets

Brian...Brewers

K-Duke15....Reds

RogerDuke....Pirates

My Pirates gave me hope the first few games but now they've gone back to being the Pirates.

Sorry Garrett, I won't click onto a Cubs website. I don't want to risk getting a virus that shuts down my computer for 104 years.

We've even pulled a moderator into this baseball rivalry and it's still a National League affair. Isn't there any Dukes of Hazzard fans out there who like American League teams?

Garrett....Cubs

Capt Redneck....Mets

Brian...Brewers

K-Duke15....Reds

RogerDuke....Pirates

My Pirates gave me hope the first few games but now they've gone back to being the Pirates.

Sorry Garrett, I won't click onto a Cubs website. I don't want to risk getting a virus that shuts down my computer for 104 years.

Well at least your Pirates started off good...the Cubs on the other hand? Well they''ve had a good game here and there. Don't worry though...they'll come around. They're just working out the few kinks in the system of their WHOLE new manager staff they have. Ol' Theo broke the Red Sox curse and took 'em to the World Series...well now he's in Chicago and he'll break the Cubs billy goat curse and take 'em to the World Series. Just watch and see...idealistically probably not this year, but it can happen. :D

As for your virus, Roger, perhaps you should get all the facts before throwing your stones at this ol' Cubs fan. The link goes to youtube. Not the Cubs...but even if it did, it wouldn't send no virus to your computer. Has yet to do that to mine. In fact, it probably would improve your computer greatly. Think of all that speed you'll get by visiting the Cubs...at Cubs.com. Just awesome. :D

104 years...ain't it funny how some horrible number as that seems to stick in none Cubs fans minds. Only to rub it all in to the great fans of the Chicago Cubs. One of these days Roger, that number is gonna shatter....one of these days. ;)

I agree Garrett. The Cubs will win the World Series eventually.

If the Pirates don't make it to the Series and the Cubs do I'd become a Cubs fan temporarily because I'd sure like to see them win.

I've been alive for three Pirates World Series wins. I don't remember the 1960 win since I was in diapers. I was too busy with the military in 1979 to have paid attention to that win.

The 1971 Pirates are my dream team. They were up against the Baltimore Orioles who had an unheard of four 20 game winning pitchers while the Pirates had none. Despite being down two games to none, the Pirates pulled it off.

For now, I'd just be happy if the Pirates have a winning season. If they don't it will make 20 years in a row of more losses than wins. No other team in all of USA big league sports has been that bad.

*puts down stone*