R.I.P. Chris Mayer/ Vance Duke

Just like when news of Peggy Rea's death broke earlier this year, there only seems to be one source for this story at the moment. Wikipedia and IMDb don't have anything about it yet. Sadly, the Peggy Rea story proved to be true, and I suspect this will too. This has been a terrible year for losing cast members. It's almost worse that the story breaks on the day that Jimmie is celebrating his 85th birthday.

Condolences to Christopher's family and friends.

Just like when news of Peggy Rea's death broke earlier this year, there only seems to be one source for this story at the moment. Wikipedia and IMDb don't have anything about it yet. Sadly, the Peggy Rea story proved to be true, and I suspect this will too. This has been a terrible year for losing cast members. It's almost worse that the story breaks on the day that Jimmie is celebrating his 85th birthday.

Condolences to Christopher's family and friends.

Wikipedia and IMDB can be edited by anyone, please do not consider those as valued news sources. They can be helpful sometimes. Link - John's unofficial fan club Facebook page, Hazzardnet member John's No 1 Fan posted John's response to the passing of Chris Mayer.

Chris battled with his "demons", he started to do public appearances again and was suppose to get married in the near future.

RIP Chris, thank you for being a part of the Dukes Of Hazzard community.

Very sad news. Chris and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. May he rest in peace.

Wish they would say what had happened and not leave us hanging like this wondering what had happened to him. Guess it shouldn't matter. It is sad anyway it happened. Must be very shocking and upset to his family and friends. :(

Edited by Garrett Duke

Condolences to Christopher's family, friends, fans.

Calderone, its really nice to see a Coy and Vance site, thank you!

Very sad news. Chris and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. May he rest in peace.

Wish they would say what had happened and not leave us hanging like this wondering what had happened to him. Guess it shouldn't matter. It is sad anyway it happened. Must be very shocking and upset to his family and friends. :(

Obituary - does not list a cause of death.

What I read on his FB memorial page -

Link -

I think he died in his sleep of natural causes?

This interview is from or to promote The Hollywood Show Feb 2011. Haven't listened to it yet. Not exactly sure what is said.

Thank you Mufn, MaryAnne & Brian for sharing Bryon's message on the main page.

Think this year has been terrible. In my family we have lost 3 members and in the duke family 3 members. Its hard to know what to feel. I can some what imagine what Chris family is feeling. To lose your dad at any age is terrible and for Chris's girlfriend her heart is breaking with a pain that you don't think will ever heal. Its not fair when you lose someone so sudden just leaves a hole in your soul.

• 11 months later...