No fan of the month since Jan 2011?

DaneyDuke

Can we start it back up?

Of course we can. Since we're already into July, next fan o' the month would be August.

We used to run this thing loosely by committee among the admins; then Roger took it over - and did a great job - when we were dealing with other issues. This last winter we let the whole thing have a rest, to give HNet members a chance to "catch up" to everything. We also wanted new members to have a chance to make their mark, so to speak.

I know Roger is recovering right now so I'll take it back on for August. For those of you just tuning in to this conversation and don't know about our Fan of the Month award, it's simply our way of saying thank you and giving recognition to longtime Dukes of Hazzard fans and contributors to HazzardNet. There is no cash prize involved, but the selected fan gets a write-up on our home page and usually some personal congratulations in our Forums. A little fame, but no fortune.

Thanks Brian.

I ran into a dilema of not knowing if I should give the same person multiple awards or not since all of our regular contributors had already received it. After consulting with Meadowmufn about the subject I ended up putting the whole thing on the shelf and not doing anything with it.

Thanks Brian.

After consulting with Meadowmufn about the subject I ended up putting the whole thing on the shelf and not doing anything with it.

That's normal operating procedure around heah. ;)

I do have a fan of the month selected for August, and the announcement will be made soon!

In the future, I may call on any one of you for assistance, so thank you for the offer to help.

• 2 months later...