The original "Killer Shrews" movie of 1959 was...well, so dang bad, it became a cult classic. James Best starred in the original movie, which is reason enough to watch it if you get the chance. Then, you'll be all set for the sequel, due out soon, "Return of the Killer Shrews!"

Yes, shrews. Nasty lil' varmints. Eeek. Hey, if they attack by the tens of thousands, it's scary, right? You betcha. I'm normally not one for horror films, but as a lifelong Dukes of Hazzard fan, I can't pass up a movie that has James Best, Rick Hurst, and John Schneider in it. I checked out the official website tonight, and the promo photos look interesting. Have a look:

Return of the Killer Shrews

Looks like fun, eh? Per IMDB, the movie is in post-production status. Don't know the release date yet, but we'll hollar when we hear of it. Or, one of ya'll will know before we do and post it, which is fine!

• 4 months later...

The movie trailer for "Return of the Killer Shrews" , starring James Best, John Schneider, and Rick Hurst, and some non-Dukes related people is now viewable:

No, it ain't Masterpiece Theater, but it neither was the original. Remember that the original had special defects...er, effects, that were so awful, that the movie became a cult classic.

To explain the original Killer Shrews movie, I turned to this clip of Chicago's own B-movie horror expert, Svengoolie. He'll sum up the original Killer Shrews for ya right

To explain the original Killer Shrews movie, I turned to this clip of Chicago's own B-movie horror expert, Svengoolie. He'll sum up the original Killer Shrews for ya right

Hey! We're watchin' Svengoolie right after Star Trek tonight. He's got The Ghost and Mr. Chicken tonight with Don Knotts. Anyhoo, if you watch the original, you should check out the MST3K version. It makes it even more hilarious. My favorite character, next to Thorne Sherman of course, is the wet bar. LOL.

In fact, you can catch it on Youtube! Killer Shrews MST3K

If you want to avoid the opening skits, skip to 14:49 for the beginning of the movie.

"Boss Hogg'll love this place!"

From the trailer this looks just as bad as the original, making it a must-see movie :).

The movie trailer for "Return of the Killer Shrews" , starring James Best, John Schneider, and Rick Hurst, and some non-Dukes related people ...

Jennifer Lyons is also in "Return of the Killer Shrews". She was in the Reunion movie as Tammy:

Tammy.jpg