Tom Wopat Concert 6/20 - Live Streaming

Lazy punk that I am, I copied this tidbit from Tom's newsletter. Just to be honest.

Tom Wopat and his band will be performing LIVE at the legendary Birdland Jazz Club in New York City this Monday, June 20th!

The performance will be streaming live online, so mark your calendars, set your reminders, and tune in at 7 pm EST to Birdland's Livestream channel.

Monday June 20th - 7pm EST / 6pm CST / 4pm PST

LiveStream - http://www.livestream.com/birdland

I watched it, was a good performance. Tom sang one of his trademark songs, "Makin' Whoopie", and also featured the "50 Checks" song from "Catch Me if you Can." And I've never heard a jazz rendition of "Summer in the City" before but they did a heck of a job with it.

At the end of the show, Tom is giving kudos to the band, naming each performer. "Ted Firth on Piano"... ect. Then Tom says, "And if you didn't like the show...I'm John Schneider!"

Clever, ain't he? That cracked me up. By the applause though, I don't think Tom had anything to worry about.