Going Home -- Again

Trying not to let the kids know the men not only were not coming home but were spending the night in jail the ladies retired to the kitchen. Laura just had to get something out in the open, "Thank you all for inviting Jessica and me back here tonight. I really want to say I'm sorry the guys got into that fight."

Daisy smiled, "Honey, it may have been awhile for my cousins, but none of them would have missed that fight for the world! They were content to let Jake and Bo, Jr. handle it until they were brought into it. Then the next second the whole place was fighting which is not unusual for the Boar's Nest!"

Dixie put on a pot of coffee and made Beth a cup of decaf. tea.

Debbie had to ask, "You all mean this is normal?"

Dixie looked at Beth and Daisy. "I've had nights like this with Luke since I was 15."

Beth replied, "Trouble seems to find the Duke boys. Though I'm not letting Bo off the hook that easy. He should have stopped Bo, Jr. and Jake before it got that bad."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was very late in the Hazzard jail. Luke was still awake. He tried for a countless time to get into a position where he could get at least a nap. He and Bo were half laying half setting on the bottom bunk. With the top bunk above them they couldn't set up and with both them on the bunk neither tall Duke could lay down. Luke was sure Bo wasn't asleep either. He said quietly, "Bo?"

Bo's eyes opened.

On the top bunk and in the next cell the others all stayed as they were hoping by not moving and acting like they were asleep that sleep would find them but it hadn't as of yet.

"I've been thinking. I don't know if I can really come back here like this. That fight was way to easy to get into. How have you managed to stay out of here and live here?" Luke continued, "Bo who's name did Jesse put the farm in?"

Bo said, "Easy. I usually stay at home with my family. If I want to drink I do it there. You'll see Luke. Once you and Dixie get married you won't miss going out to the Boar's Nest at all OR coming to jail. There is so many more benefits to staying home with your wife." Bo looked surprised at Luke's second question, "About the deed, I have never looked. It is just coming to me that I don't know. Why?"

"Thanks Bo. You made a lot of sense there. He--, if someone as wild as you can settle down so much it shouldn't be that hard for me. Besides, with Dixie out there, she and Debbie should probably know more about bonding us than any of the others except maybe Daisy. They could use the farm if our names aren't on it." explained Luke.

Bo asked a bit annoyed that Luke had left Beth out of this and she had been with Daisy and Jesse years ago when they were getting into trouble, "Why do you think Dixie and Debbie would know how to bond us?"

"Have you ever asked Dixie or Debbie where they worked?" Luke questioned.

Again Bo realized he hadn't. "No." he replied, "Why?"

Luke's voice got even more quiet as he sat up to tell Bo, "Dixie and Debbie are Correctional Officers at Tri-Counties Jail."

The other Dukes and Cooter set straight up and exclaimed rather loudly in the deadly silent night, "Thay are WHAT??!!!" They all figured Jesse rolled over in his grave at the same time.

The dozzing deputy fell into the floor. Luke was trying to shush the others as all eight were now wide awake and wanting an explaination. The Sheriff heard the ruckus downstairs. After hearing all the wild tails from Enos was wide awake and heading down the stairs where mayham was taking place with in the cells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Though it had been a late night, the ladies were up and in town early to bond the guys.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ladies were all crowded, along with all the guys, into the tiny courtroomon the upper level of the jail. The women's faces were sure, so much so that the guys were even worried just a little. Bo smiled, knowing that the girls had a plan. He'd seen all of them with those looks on their faces before... with the exception of Debbie and the younger two. But he smiled again, knowing that, thanks to Jeb, Debbie had some personal ties to this case. And that was a good thing. He figured it couldn't be too bad having the law on your side.

The other cousins felt the same way. They all knew the girls well enough to know that they had one heck of a plan.

The magistrate walked into the courtroom, and the men all looked at him. Bo had to grin just a little, since the magistrate was one of the Duke family's old moonshining buddies. He knew that his cousins were thinking the same thing, since Luke, who was on his right side, and Jeb, who was on the left, both nudged him just a little. Bo shook his head a little. How many good people were endin' up on the wrong side of the law.

Each of the boys had his name read, then the charges were read. Each was a little worried. But their bond was placed at $500 each. Which, for all four of them was $4000. Bo was only glad they'd get that back when they showed up for their court date. Daisy walked up to the magistrate, and handed over the deed for the farm. The man looked at it with shock on his face. "Well...Miss Daisy... this is..."

"It's Uncle Jesse's farm. So you sure better take care of it. The boys'll be here when you say. And when they are, I want this land back." Daisy's facial expression was strong. The man knew one thing... you never mess with a Duke's determination.

As they walked out of the courtroom, Daisy hugged each of her cousins, and the younger ones. Then, the hugging craze spread to the rest of the family. Daisy turned to look at the older boys. "Listen, we still have to go to court," Luke said. "And this here may not be exactly the same as it used to be, but it's still Hazzard County."

"Don't worry about that," Dixie said, smiling, as she looked at him. "We got one of y'all's friends at the Boar's Nest to show us the security tapes. It's obvious who swung first in every instance. So every single one of y'all will probably be off the hook with a fine."

Bo smiled. "Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa!"

They all had to smile just a little, when they looked at Debbie, who had still not left Jeb's arms.

Cue Dixie

Luke asked, "How were you able to use the farm?"

Beth told them, "When we get home there is something you guys have to read."

Dixie looked at Debbie. It was time to let their cat out of the bag. Unknowing that Luke already had. "If I'd know 'Bob' was the Mag. the bonds would have probably been less."

Debbie caught her statement. She wasn't sure how these guys, especially Jeb would feel about them being Correctional Officers. She shot Dixie a dirty look. "Well, as much coffee as we've sent him on the weekends. You're probably right."

"I'm not even going ask, but I for one would like a hot shower and I thought you all had last minute things to do today for the wedding. That is if you'll still have me?" Luke looked at Dixie.

She handed him the keys to his truck with a smile. As they walked to the truck, she said, "Luke Duke you'll not get ride of me that easy. You've visited that jail occasionally since I was what 15?"

At the truck Luke picked Dixie up and said, "Good! But do you have to keep reminding me of that?" before kissing her. They were blocking everyone from getting in on the driver's side.

It was Bo, Jr. who tapped his 'uncle on the shoulder.

Luke looked up to see the line of cousins behind him waiting to get in the truck. "Now, this is not going to work. Is this the only vehicle you brought?"

Dixie nodded, "We figured it was warm enough with the camper on that you guys could ride the back."

Luke said, "Well, that might work. But why did you give me the keys?"

"Force of habit." she answered.

The ladies all managed to get in the front of truck, while the guys got in the back. They were off to the Duke farm.

~~~~~~~~

Bo opened the kitchen door to a smell of bacon and eggs. Ruth Ann was at the stove finishing up breakfast as they all came in.

Bo looked at Beth who gave him an 'It's Ok.' look. Yet, Bo knew somewhere he'd pay for last night.

Ruth Ann said, "The others have eaten. Can I go call Natan? Were suppose to go find him something to wear for next weekend."

Beth said, "Yes, go ahead. Thanks for watching the kids until we got back."

"No, problem Mom." she went off to call Nathan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the guys cleaned up and everyone had breakfast they all ended up on the front porch drinking coffee. Jesse, Caroline and Michaela were finishing up their chores. Beth came out with the note that had been folded up with the deed. "Luke you are the oldest, I thought you'd like to read this to the others." Beth said handing Luke the note.

Luke opened the folded paper noticing immediately that the writing was Jesse's. Dixie, Daisy and Beth all nodded to Luke that he was seeing what he thought he saw. Luke began,

" 'Beth, Daisy or whomever has the need of this deed:

I hope that the reason for pulling out this deed is only because those nephews of mine are in a bit of hot water with Rosco and JD. I know my boys. Though Bo and Beth are living on the farm when this is written, there may come a time that this property that has been in the Duke family for over two hudred years is needed to get either Bo or Luke or the others out of trouble. I know if their name is on the deed that it can not be used to post bond. Therefore, I am recording it in Daisy's name as sole owner. Now, you boys have long since picked your own part of the farm. I want each of you to have your own part. I trust that you six love each other and me enough not to fight over this place on Earth. I know you boys! Daisy is the hope of this here family. Daisy, Honey, use this deed to help keep the boys out of trouble like I have all these years. I love each and every member of this family as much today as the day I wrote this. Now, get them boys OUT! Love Uncle Jesse.'"

It took Bo a minute to find his voice, but when he did he voiced what was on everyone's mind. He said with a bit of surprise, "He knew!"

Luke nodded 'yes', "You mean that surprised you? He always knew us better than we knew ourselves."

Now it was Dixie's turn. "While we all are here there's something I'd like to say. As a matter of fact, I feel as though I've not been honest with you all. Even though it hasn't came up nor seemed important I have to admit I wasn't ready to get into this up until now. Most of you all know how Rosco and Boss used to yank these guys chains. Everytime something didn't go just right or something happened they didn't know who did it these guys went to jail. Well, to make a long story shorter, after I got out of school I had the opportunity to go take some college classes. I kept coming back to the Criminal Justice field. I thought in, ...... ,well you know I have a warped since of logic, .... , some sort of stange way that if I could become a Correctional Officer that I'd in some way be making up for the dishonest way things were done here if I did the job well." she paused, "Luke and Cooter were the only ones who knew this until now. I'm sorry I didnt' say anything before. I just didn't want you to think that I 'sold' out to the other side."

Luke put his arm around her just a bit tighter. "Honey, you know that we have always been on the side of the law as long as it wasn't trying ot frame us for something we didn't do."

Bo shook, his head in agreement. "You know the only thing Jesse upheld that was against the law was 'running shine' because we had been doing it before the law passed to say we couldn't."

"Thanks, guys. Now, for the down side of this. I worked on the other side of Atlanta, which would be too far to drive from here. After the first of the year I'll be transfered down to Tri-Counties Jail. I took vacation until after the first. So, if, .... "

Luke finished the thought for her. "So if this should end up badly or we do something stupid, Tri-Counties houses for Hazzard, Placid, and Chickasaw Counties."

"Well, yes, it does, but only if they are overcrowded or they sentence is longer than 30 days." Said Debbie.

Dixie found herself looking from one to the other of the guys for reaction before she continued. Her gaze stopped more on Jake and Bo, Jr., "Guys should it ever happen. I have a job to do. I will do it. I may not like it but I will. Should it happen and there be something in within my job I can do, I will. Should it be outside what I can do, I can't and won't."

Luke said, "That said, I suggest we all decide right now to mind our P's and Q's. I for one don't want to look at my wife through bars."

NARRATOR: "Now, I saw a shiver run up more than old Luke's back when he said that!"

Beth said, "This is all nice but ladies we have a lot to do today."

Cue Beth

Dixie and the others agreed. They all got up to get to work. The women concentrated their work on making sure everything was together for the boys' court date. They were just glad that things worked out so that the security cameras had the boys' backs. As soon as they got everything together, the girls all started finishing up things for the wedding. Beth and Debbie put the finishing touches on the bridesmaids' gowns.

Michaela nearly had a fit when they tried her flower girl dress on her. She felt so pretty. Although she had hated the numerous times she'd had to try it on, the end product was all worth it. It was so pretty. "Mama, I love it!!!" Michaela exclaimed, hugging her mother.

"Good," Beth replied.

All of the bridesmaids tried on their dresses. And then the time came for Dixie to try on the wedding gown. All the women oohed and aahed about the gown.

And when all was said and done for the day, the girls... and the guys for that matter... slept like a bunch of babies. They had a court date to rest for.

Cue Dixie

The next morning Beth rolled over to see Bo awake and looking at her. She said sleepily, "What?"

Bo brushed her hair back and said, "This." and kissed her.

She asked several minutes later, "What brought that on?"

Bo gave her that award winning smile of his and said, "You know waking up in this bed with you is much more appealing than waking up on a steel bunk with LUKE?"

Beth glared at him, "I certainly HOPE SO!"

"Just trust me on that. Ok?" he said as he leaned over and kissed her again.

~~~~~~~~~

A bit later Beth was surprised not to smell coffee as she came down the stairs. Luke was alway the first up. She eyed the couch as she went to the kitchen. 'I guess the couch is more comfortable too!' she thought to herself with a smile. Beth put on the coffee, a large pot for the others and a small decaf for herself. Just as it was ready and she thought of snitching just one cup from the large pot as Dixie entered the kitchen. "Caught you!" she said.

"Hey, I only considered it for like the last five minutes!" they both laughed.

"Did you see sleeping beauty on the couch?" asked Dixie. "I started to find a feather but just couldn't!"

Beth almost couldn't hold the laughter in as Luke was walking in the kitchen behind Dixoe as she talked. He grabbed her around the waist and said, "A feather huh? What would you have done with it if you had?" Luke said as he tickled Dixie while holding her.

Beth opened the back door and said, "Out of the house."

Too late Dixie couldn't contain the squeal she let out as Luke continued to tickle her as they started toward the door. At the same moment, Luke quit tickling, set Dixie down, as all three saw the barn light on ..... Luke said, "Hey it wasn't us this time."

Beth said "Quietly go find out whos' missing so we can get them in here before the kids wake up IF they haven't already."

Luke returned to the kitchen, with a mischievious grin.

Beth and Dixie asked, "OK. Who?"

Luke replied, "Well, all I KNOW is Jeb isn't in the house."

Cue Beth

"Oh, Lord," Beth said softly. "I'm guessin' Debbie ain't upstairs either. Them two have known each other how long, now?"

"Um... Less than a week," Dixie said. She shook her head. "How long had I known you before we went to the hayloft, Luke?"

"Oh, Lord... A long time!"

"How about you and Bo?" Dixie said, winking at Beth.

Beth said, defensively, but with a hint of humor, "I don't think that's any of your business, but I was 4 or 5 when I first remember meeting Bo, so you can figure it out."

Luke laughed a little. He loved his cousin's wife just as much as he would have loved a sister, had he had one. He put his arm around Beth's shoulder, giving her a gentle squeeze, then turned to Dixie. "So your friend is up in the hayloft with my cousin... and there are kids in the house that are going to be wondering pretty soon where Jeb and Debbie are."

Dixie shook her head. "It won't be the first time or the last that somebody used that hayloft for more than hay."

Beth smiled. "Can't disagree with that."

Dixie shook her head. "Well, I'm a little surprised at Debbie. She's usually not so quick to..."

Beth shook her head quickly and cleared her throat as a signal to Dixie to cut it short. Michaela had just walked into the room. Dixie, thankfully, caught the warning just in time.

"What, Mama?" Michaela asked, looking at her mother.

"Nothing, honey. Um... Is your daddy up yet?" Beth gave her daughter a hug.

"Nope. At least, I haven't seen him anywhere."

She nodded. "OK. I'll go get him in a little bit."

Beth and Dixie started breakfast. The smell of ham and eggs drew Bo out of the bedroom rather quickly, and he came down stairs. Beth couldn't help smiling just a little at him, sitting in his plaid pajama bottoms, a robe, and with his blonde hair completely out of place. She walked over to him and leaned over to offer him a kiss, which he readily accepted. "You better eat quick and get a shower. We've gotta be at the courthouse at 10:00."

"Alrighty... I'll get right on that. Love you."

"Love you, too," Beth said, as she set out the breakfast dishes.

They all gathered together to eat, once Luke had let Debbie and Jeb know that they needed to come back inside.

They all ate breakfast rather quickly, gulped down some coffee, and headed out to the cars. Bo, Luke, Beth, Dixie, Bo,Jr. and Jake took the General. Coy, Vance, Daisy, Debbie, and Jeb took Beth's Camaro. Laura and Jessica followed in Jessica's Honda Civic Dixie was carrying the videos, and everyone was glad that they had them.

They pulled into the parking lot of the courthouse, and trooped inside like a countrified army.

Cue Dixie

The Magistrate hearing the case just happened to be the one who set the 'boys' bond. 'Bob' spotted Dixie and Debbie and asked, "What are you all doing here?"

Dixie answered, "Well, Bob, I've finally come home to marry my high school sweetheart IF you don't put him in jail and ruin my plans. I have a security tape I'd like you to see from the Boar's Nest before you continue this hearing?"

Bob smiled. "Where's the tape?"

Dixie handed him the tape.

"Come on in the other room where we can all watch this." said the Magistrate. After watching the tape he asked the Dukes, "How do you want to plead?"

As usual, it was Luke who answered for the bunch. "Not guilty."

Bob smiled. "In everything I can see here Sheriff Strate, these guys are innocent. I find them not guilty and will free the hold on their farm." Bob looked at his watch. "The next hearing on the others is at 1pm. I'll see you back here then Sheriff. Court is adjorned!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside the court room the Dukes, family and friends were estastic!

Luke asked, "Darlin' how well do you know Magistrate Potter?"

She smiled, "I send him coffee every weekend he works. Why?"

Luke replied, "I hope you keep doing it here." He kissed her.

She said moments later, "Always!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the Court hearing over and the guys got out of trouble without so much as a fine all they had to worry about was the upcoming wedding!!!!

Cue Beth

The boys got scared when all the wedding plans busted open full force. Dixe, Debbie, Beth, and Daisy, not to mention the younger girls, were all half crazy making plans and adding touches here and there.

Luke was just ready to get the wedding over with so they could finally be married. So Dixie could be his, and he could be hers alone. Nothing and noone before would matter anymore. But for the moment, everything about planning the wedding, and trying on tuxes and suits, and being told to do this and do that... It was driving him up the wall.

Bo could only laugh at his cousin when he asked, "Was it like this when you and Beth got married?"

"Well... to a point... Only me and Beth were in one h--- of a hurry."

Luke smiled a little bit. "Yeah. I reckon so."

"You know," Bo said, a little sadly, "I wish Uncle Jesse was here to see this whole thing. He'd never believe it."

Luke smile just a little. "I know what you mean. Lord knows I miss Jesse. He always knew what to do. No matter what."

"Yep. But you know somethin', Luke... Out of all of us cousins, I'd have to say you are the most like him. You've got the good sense and wisdom most of us never got... And you also got his sense of honor and... and you don't jump first, think later... But anyway. You are alot like him, Luke. Be proud of that."

Luke gave his cousin a hug. "Bo, you're a good man. A real good man. I hope you know that."

"Thanks, Luke."

The two of them went inside, where the women had yet another suit for them to try on.

Cue Dixie

Luke knew when he entered the house Dixie 'wanted' something. He didn't know what but she wanted him to do something. He sighed when he saw her smile trying to look sweet and innocent. When she did this however, it had just the opposite effect, she looked very devious and caniving maybe even a bit wicked. Almost afraid to ask, Luke said, "What?"

Dixie looked at him and smiled again, "Honey, ..... would you do just two more things for me?"

Bo and Beth were about to die laughing at this point. Beth knew what Dixie wanted. Bo could only imagine.

"You know I'll do anything for you, ..... but, I really don't want to try on anymore suits." Luke said.

Beth nor Bo could contain their laughter any longer.

"I swear." Dixie was laughing at the three of them so hard she herself was crying. "This will be the last one. I'm sorry I know I'm driving you crazy!" she said wiping a tear from her cheeks.

"Are you sure you don't want to just drive over to Lake Chickmuhoney and do this nice and simple?" he said defeatly.

She raised her eyebrows, "Lucas Duke those are fighting words! After I've gotten this far. You do realize I've only planned this since I was 15! It's hard to work all those years of planning this into just a couple of hours."

He smiled at her, "What is the second thing AFTER I try on the next last suit?" he looked at Bo who was about to hyperventalate. "What are you laughing at? If I have another suit to try on I'm certain you do too!"

"Huh?" Bo looked surprised.

Beth simply glowed when she smiled and nodded 'yes' to him.

Dixie said, "The other thing may be kind of hard."

"Harder than trying on what, Bo, ten or twelve suits?" Luke asked.

Bo shrugged, "I didn't bother to count."

"Hush, both of you." Dixie smiled at the two but looked dead at Bo. "I want you to go to town get what ever you need Bo to through this cousin of yours, God help us, the best bachelor party in Hazzard WITHOUT us having to bail you out in the morning." she put her arm around Luke. "After Saturday you had better not even think of cating around." she said in a good natured way. "Call Cooter and the guys. I'm sure you can use the garage or the barn. We promise to stay clear and keep the kids away, but I don't think the Boar's Nest can handle this but it's up to you guys!"

Bo said, "Yeehaww! Yes, Mamm!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the suits were tried on Bo and Luke headed outside to go to town. The way everyone was parked the only easy vehicle to get out was Dixie's Aspire. Luke said hang on. He went back in the house. "Honey, without having to move half the vehicles in Hazzard the only thing not blocked is yours."

Dixie grabbed her keys from the hook. She hesitated for a split second, then said, "Honey, don't try to out run the Sheriff in it. It's only got a four cyclinder in it."

Luke laughed, "I'll take good care if it."

"Sweetheart, it's not the car I'm worried about. It needs a little work. Just be really careful the front end is really 'loose'." she warned. Dixie had not wanted to bother Luke with her car problems with everything else going on. She knew enough about cars to know it needed work. Something was certainly wrong with the suspension.

Luke smiled, "Gotch ya!" Outside Luke and Bo drove down the driveway. Luke had no more than hit the road to town when he felt the streering. Everytime he hit a bump the whole front end moved in different directions. He slowed WAY down.

Bo asked, "What are you doing?"

"She said it needed work, but I'm not sure it will hold together until we get to the garage." said Luke.

"What's wrong with it?" asked Bo.

Luke looked a bit concerned. "I dont' rightly know. Dixie said the front end was really loose, but this is rediculious!" In town the garage door was open. Luke never stoopped just pulled into the garage where he could put it on a rack.

When Luke got out and walked to the racks controls, Cooter yelled from the back. "Yeah, just come on in and make yourself at home!"

"Funny." said Luke.

Bo just shrugged. "Dixie told him the front end was loose, but it feels like it will fall apart anytime!"

"You don't say." said Cooter now getting interested.

Once in the air, Luke shook the front end. He and Cooter both said "Wholly sh--!!!" Luke grabbed a lug bar, took off the hub cap, then got the air gun and removed the driver's tire. In less than a minute he knew the ball joints were about to fall apart. "I dont' know what has kept this thing together."

Cooter went to the phone to call around for parts.

Bo said, "While you're looking for parts I'm going to work on the 'mission' I was given!"

Luke called over his shoulder, "Yeah, just leave at a time like this!"

Bo laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter returned to Luke who was still trying to figure out just what had held the little car together this long. "Bad news! You can't get 'balljoints' for this car. It's all made into a 'lower control' arm. They my friend are 'dealer parts'."

"Can you get them?" asked Luke.

Cooter said, "Oh, yeah. I can get them from Ford. They are two hundred plus each!"

Luke replaced the tire. "Run us back to the farm. I'll park this out back and we'll deal with it later but Dixie isn't going to drive this until WE get it fixed. She knows better, that thing isn't safe. He--, I was scared driving it. No wonder she didn't bring it in until this trip. Come to think of it. She rode in with you or Debbie until she came in for good. Did she say anything to you about it needing work?"

Cooter shook his head, "Nah, she just said she didn't see any point in bringing two cars."

Luke shook his head. "Her and her stubborn pride."

"That's my sister!" replied Cooter.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bo replied, "I've got everything ready. Pull the car over across the street."

Luke said, "I'm parking the car on the side here. Cooter is taking us back to the farm."

Bo had been married for the better part of twenty years. He asked in a concerned voice, "Luke are you sure about this. It IS Dixie's car."

"I'm sure I don't want to drive it like that and I DA-- sure don't want Dixie to drive it like that!" Luke said, "Cooter see if you can find some good used parts or something. That thing is dangerous."

Cooter looked at Bo, "It's your life."

Luke replied, "And I intend to be here to live it. Something pop on that front end and it's going where it wants to."

Bo told Cooter, "I was sent to get things as Dixie said, 'for the best bachelor party in Hazzard'. Tell all the guys that we are throughing a bachelor party for Luke tonight, at ........."

Cue Beth

"the garage. You think you can have her cleaned out by tonight?"

Cooter grinned, "I sure can!" He laughed really hard. "So... what do you mean by 'bachelor party'?"

"I mean," Bo said, "As much of a bachelor party as we can get away with, including the fact that Bo, Jr. and Jake will be present, and that Beth's still gonna tan my hide for that night we spent in jail, even though it wasn't my fault."

"Lord help ya, Bo," Cooter said, with a grin. "But anyhow... I'll get on the CB and find out where everybody else is."

"Lord," Luke said, "I wish we'd brought the General Lee."

"We all do," Bo said, shaking his head. "But... when you moved Dixie's car, who was she blocking?"

"Lemme see... Beth's Camaro, I think."

"Yeeehaaa!" Bo yelled. "At least we're gonna be able to get a V8 when we get back."

Luke agreed. Knowing them, they were going to need it. "Let's go, Cooter."

They all climbed into the wrecker, and Cooter looked over at Bo. "If you wanna go ahead and try the CB, go for it."

Bo grinned. He keyed the mic and said, "This here's Lost Sheep Two. Anybody got their ears on out on the Hazzardnet?"

"Bo?" a voice came back. "Bo, is that you?"

"Well... ah... yeah, but who's this?"

"This here is California Boy," the voice said.

"Enos?" Luke said, looking at his cousin.

"Enos?" Bo repeated into the mic.

"Yes, Enos," he replied. "I'm back in Hazzard for the wedding."

"Hot da--!" Luke exclaimed.

"Ain't it great," Enos said. "Lost Sheep One, you out there, too?"

Bo passed the mic to Luke, who answered, "Yessir, California Boy. I'm right here. Crazy C's on here with us, too."

"Congratulations on your engagement, Lost Sheep One. Maybe Dixie'll keep you in line."

"What?" Luke said with a laugh. "I think I'll have to keep HER in line."

Enos laughed.

Bo took the mic back. "Enos, we're havin' Luke a bachelor party tonight at the garage. You come over to the house, and we'll all go together."

Enos smiled. "Now you boys wouldn't be plannin' on anything illegal, wouldja?"

"Nah," Bo replied. "Not too illegal anyway."

"I'll be there," Enos said. "I'm headin' over to y'all's place right now."

"We are too," Bo replied. "See ya in a little bit."

Cooter and the boys arrived at the house a few minutes later. Dixie came outside to see what Cooter was doing there. She hadn't even seen the wrecker, but like most of the girls, she could recognise a vehicle by the sound of the engine. When she saw Bo and Luke climbing out of the wrecker, she immediately asked, "Where's my car?"

"At the garage," Luke said. "I can't believe you were still driving that thing. It's completely dangerous. Do you realize that that thing needs a lower control arm? It's all but falling apart!"

"I know, honey," Dixie said. "I'm going to get it fixed."

"When? After it falls apart on ya in the middle of the interstate and somebody runs into your rear end?"

"Luke, just calm down. We'll deal with that later. But right now, I want you and Bo to get back to work on that bachelor party."

By this time, Beth had joined Dixie on the porch. "Honey," Bo said.

"Yeah?"

"Can we take your car back to the garage to finish gettin' everything together?"

"Sure," she said, going inside to take her keys off the hook. She tossed them to a very much happier Bo, who pulled the car out of the spot where it was parked.

Luke shook his head. "I still wish the General wasn't blocked in."

"Yeah, you and me both," Bo replied. "I don't feel real comfortable with all of us together driving anything BUT the General. No other car can do what the General can."

"True," Luke agreed.

"Well," Beth said, "You two just don't try to push her too far."

"We won't, honey," Bo said. "We'll treat her with all the love and care the General gets."

Beth shook her head. "That's what I was afraid of."

Bo laughed, and the boys drove off. Without mentioning that Daisy's old friend was on his way over.

Cue Dixie

By the time the boys were heading back to the garage the CB was 'hopping'. It seemed like everyone in the Tri-Counties had heard about The Bachelor Party.

Over the CB the boys heard a radio transmission, "So where is this party happening?"

Bo keyed the mic, "This is Lost Sheep Two to all you guys on the Hazzard Net. You are all invited to a Bachelor Party at the Hazzard Garage."

From some where far away the radio crackled but was understood, "Break for Lost Sheep Two, just who is the groom?"

Though the transmission had static in it Luke was sure he recognized that voice. As Bo replied, "That would be the one and only Lost Sheep One."

The reply was heard much clearer as the transmitter turned up his power, "Well, now, you tell him Congratulations for me and I might just see you guys IF I can still remember how to get there. This is the Milwaukee Kid."

The radio had Luke's full attention as he reached for the mic. "Milwaukee Kid this is Lost Sheep One! What's your twenty? and you had better remember your way here." Luke hadn't seen his buddy from Vietnam since he stopped by right after they had gotten home.

"I'm about an hour away. Let me drop this load and I'll be over. Where can I park this little ride of mine?" he asked.

Luke now had an idea. "There's plenty of room at the farm. I'll arrange transportation back to town for you and if you little buddy is with you I'll have him a beer waiting."

The most un-natural sounds were heard across the radio. "He said he'd take you up on it!"

Luke replied, "10-4, see you there."

Cooter had to ask, "Who or what was that?"

Luke had to tell, he couldn't keep it to himself any longer, "By the sound of it, that was his little buddy, Bear."

Cooter looked at Luke, "Your going to give a bear a beer in my garage?"

"Oh, no, I'd never think of giving a bear a beer in your garage. ....... Now, I might give a chimpanzee a beer in your garage." shrugged Luke.

"Oh, well, then, that's different then." he paused, "Luke, ..... you are kidding aren't you?"

"No." he said as he radioed for Bo, Jr., "Stormy do you have your ears on?"

Bo, Jr. calls back, "Go ahead."

"Can you go by the farm and move things around out there to get the General Lee unblocked? There is an old friend coming by. He's parking his ride there. Send the General Lee back to town with him. Oh, by the way, he'll probably need to park on the other side of the barn or he'll block the whole front yard." Luke said.

Bo, Jr. replied, "I'll take care of it." Though he wondered just what his friend was driving that would take up more room than Luke's king cab truck.

Cooter said as they got out at the garage, "Those women are down right smart suggesting this party tonight with the wedding day after tomorrow we'll have all day tomorrow to ..."

Bo said, "Get the groom sobber?"

Cooter said, "Well I was going to say it a little different but yeah!"

Luke gave them both a dirty look. "Beth isn't expecting you home tonight is she? All I was told is that we couldn't go upstairs or we'd die!"

Cooter said, "It's been a long time since we've 'camped' out here. We better get busy!"

Luke noted Bo's silence. "Bo you know there is no way you can party and drive home. AND everyone else is intending to party too. So you need to let Beth know not to expect you tonight."

Bo replied.

Cue Beth

"Do you know what that woman's gonna do to me if I tell her I'm not comin' home tonight?"

Luke laughed at Bo. "Cousin, you know that woman's got you wrapped around her little finger?"

"Does not!" Bo protested. "It just ain't comfortable sleepin' on the couch or the floor."

Luke laughed again. "I don't know. Y'all do have a pretty comfortable couch. But it probably is more comfortable in your own bed with your wife."

Bo shook his head. "Besides... I hate my own cookin, and Beth won't let me have hers when she's mad at me."

"Just make it up to her."

"You don't know what you're saying," Bo said. "Hot da--!" he exclaimed, a second later. "I just realized something. Enos is gonna be there, right?"

"Yeah. So?"

"Bo, Jr. and Jake? We promised 'em they could drink, too. Bo, Jr.'s 18 and Jake's 20."

Luke looked at Bo. "You don't think..."

Bo shook his head. "I sure hope not, but this IS Enos we're talkin' about."

Luke laughed. "Maybe he'll go easy on us. Bein' as how he ain't got jurisdiction here now. I don't think he'd call us in."

Bo shook his head again. "He may have moved to California, but he's still the same ol' Enos."

Luke grinned. Bo grabbed the CB and keyed the mic. "Black Sheep, you got your ears on?"

Jake was just walking out of Ruebottoms, and heard the radio through his open car windows. "This is Black Sheep, go ahead."

Bo grinned. "Black Sheep, can you be at Cooter's garage pretty quick?"

"Less than 2 minutes. I'm on my way."

"What's your twenty?" Bo asked.

"I'm at Ruebottoms. I'll be there in no time."

"You'll be there before we are. We haven't been away from the farm but just a few minutes."

Jake arrived at the garage before the others. LB was there, and let Jake in. "Hey, Jake!" LB said. "Cooter and the boys ain't back yet, but you can come on in."

~**~**~**~**~**~

Back at the Duke farm, Enos had just arrived. Dixie, Beth, and Daisy's ears all perked up at the sound of a car they didn't recognise. All three of them rushed out onto the porch.

"Well, hey everybody!" Enos said. "I wasn't expecting a welcome like this."

Daisy squealed as she ran off the porch to Enos. She hugged him tight, saying, "How are ya, honey?"

"I'm just fine, Miss Daisy. And you?"

"Just fine." Daisy was so happy to see Enos. She pecked him on the cheek and he turned bright red. As they started to walk inside, the sound of an eighteen-wheeler's horn startled them.

Cue Dixie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enos had his arm on Daisy's waist as she turned to see an older model red and white cabover Kenworth heading up the drive. She stepped forward letting Enos's arm fall. "Oh, my Lord!" was all the explaination she gave as she turned as pale as a sheet.

The last time she had seen that rig she was only 16!

~~~~~~~~~~

Bo and Luke pulled up to the garage. Luke said to Jake as he entered the garage, "I know we told you and Bo, Jr. ya'll could drink tonight....."

Jake sighed, "Your changing your mind?"

Luke shook his head no. "Look, an old friend is in town. He used to be a Deputy here. He is the Sheriff's cousin and it would be just like him to see Sheriff Strate and fill in while in town. All I'm saying is don't just wallk in and grab a drink. He's going to the farm, then will be here. Let us feel him out, then we'll give you a thumbs up if its cool. If not ya'll will just have to be a little sneaky. He-- Dixie used to drink at the Boar's Nest often without it being known. Just ask her sometime."

Jake felt better. At least Luke hadn't pulled the rug out from under him as his 'parents' often had. Luke still intended to let Jake do what he'd said though he might have to ask him to not be open about it. "Who's drink was she drinking?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders, and said, "Usually mine, but sometimes Cooter's."

Bo said, "You know Luke, if old Enos is going to be here, He--, he ain't never drank anything stronger than buttermilk and with plenty of room at the farm....."

Luke shook his head at Bo, "Then Enos could drive you to the farm and stay there tonight."

Bo smiled, "Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking!"

"I still think she has you wrapped around her finger!" added Luke with a mischievous grin! "Just remember THIS was Dixie's idea!" he laughed.

"That too will change, Cousin!" replied Bo.

"We'll just have to see, huh?" said Luke.

Bo, Cooter, Jake and LB reached for their wallets!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BJ McKay parked his rig next to the barn where it wouldn't block anyone and set the brakes with a hiss of air.

Enos, Beth, Debbie, and Dixie watched, they knew she had been married to a truck driver and thought it must be LD!

Daisy was at the rig when BJ jumped down. "BJ McKay! What on Earth are you doing here?"

Unaware of Enos who had his eyes glued on Daisy, BJ hugged Daisy picking her up off the ground. Bear was out the truck window and jumping up and down on the roof of the tractor by the air horns where the upper windows were. "Would you believe I came to see you?"

Daisy shook inside. She knew there was more to BJ's sudden appearance but would like to believe he told her the total truth with his 'opening line'. "Ah, no I wouldn't believe that's the only reason you're here. Otherwise, you'd have been here before now." She said as she honestly felt.

BJ Let out a nervous laugh, "You haven't changed at all. You are still a breath of fresh air, Daisy." he paused, "I over heard a CB transmission about a bachelor party. Part of me hoped it wasn't for a groom for you, and since I was close to here, ...... I was still over a hundred miles out and the other part of me was bored. I came back to the call, asking who was the groom. I think it was Bo who replied, 'The one and only Lost Sheep One.' I came back to send my reguards. That's when Luke recognized my voice and invited me over, so here I am. I would like to escort you to the wedding that is if you don't have another fella or husband around here."

Daisy blushed! She replied softly, "No, BJ, I don't have anyone."

"You do now." he replied. Softly kissing her on the lips.

~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at the others, Beth cleared her throat, "Enos, there's coffee and pie in the kitchen."

He hung his head slightly, "No thanks. I'm not hungry. I think I'll just run over and see my folks before the party. See ya'll later." He got in his rented car and drove away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

NARRATOR: At the garage the guys had gotten the garage cleaned. Well, cleaner than it had been in years for a garage that is!

Bo said, "Ya'll I've got an errand to run. I'll be back directly."

Knowingly, Luke and Cooter both offered, "Want us to go with or for ya?"

Bo grinned, "Nope!" and was gone. He thought as he drove away. 'I get caught in this Camero Beth will kill me TWICE! Once for getting caught. Once for getting her Camero taken!'

Luke laughed and said, "God, I hope he don't get caught with that STUFF in Beth's car!"

Cooter said, "Man, you have GOT that right Buddyrow!"

~~~~~~~~~~

BJ was introduced to the others.

Bo, Jr. asked when introduced, "So you are the friend Luke told me would be here. He said to give you these." It was a familiar set of keys that even Enos knew.

"Luke said he'd arrange a ride for me back to town." BJ said.

Dixie said knowingly to Bo, Jr., "He said to specifically give BJ THOSE keys?"

Bo, Jr. answered, "That's what he told me. To get him unblocked and send him back with to town."

BJ asked, "Unblock and send who?"

It was Daisy who explained. "Sugar! That's the keys to the General Lee!"

Dixie laughed, "I HOPE they don't think they may need him! Of course those two are lost without him!"

BJ looked confussed.

Daisy picked up on his confussion. "They were still working on the General Lee when you were here!" she exclaimed.

"The General Lee would NOT be THAT car they were trying to put together to race on the track YEARS AGO?" BJ asked with a lot of doubt.

"That's him! Let me introduce you to the old boy!" she took his arm as they headed to the barn. The General Lee had been parked out of sight. Daisy reached for the keys still in BJ's hand. He didn't seem impressed with the General's outer appearance, ....... he'd seen him being built and a paint job wouldn't change his mind.

BJ pushed the button on the door handle to 'open' the door. He looked up questioning as Daisy threw her leg over the window seal. She started the General Lee and with a mighty roar they were off through the back field. She worked her way through the gears then Daisy spun the General for home, sliding back into the driveway. "Well?"

"I'm impressed!", staed BJ.

Cue Beth

Daisy smiled as she climbed out of the car to let BJ have the driver's seat. "Take care of him, now," she said. "Bo and Luke love him. He's family."

BJ smiled, then called for Bear, who joined him in the General's front seat. He leaned out the window to kiss Daisy on the lips, then pulled out of the driveway.

She walked back into the house, where Beth and Dixie were trying to get all the wedding decorations together so that they could decorate the church while the guys were gone.

~**~**~**~**~

Bo arrived back at the Boar's Nest a while later with the load he'd picked up. Thankfully, he hadn't been stopped, and Beth's Camaro had not been impounded. He took the boxes of shine into the garage. "I couldn't take all of it. I hope that there'll be a few more bachelor parties before it's all said and done."

"I got a good feelin' there will be," Luke said with a grin. "You know Jeb and Debbie..."

"Yeah, I know," Bo said, grinning from ear to ear.

"And... Oh, he--!" Luke exclaimed.

"Oh, h--- what?"

"Speakin' of cousins and marriage and... Oh, Lord."

"Oh Lord what?"

"Do you realized we've got BJ McKay, Enos Strate, and Daisy all together at once? That's like throwin' two lovesick hound dogs at the pertiest she-pup around."

"Well, don't that just throw your hat in the creek," Bo said.

"Oh, man. Poor Enos!"

"Yep. Poor Enos is right. We just better go make sure Enos don't do anything stupid. We gotta go back to the house anyway before we get this thing together. We'll call BJ on the CB and tell him we're headed back, so just to wait for us at the farm."

The boys headed out to Beth's Camaro and hightailed it back to the Duke farm.

Cue Dixie

Bo, Luke and BJ met back at the farm.

Luke got Dixie by herself for a minute. "What went on. Sh-- I forgot Enos was coming out here when I sent BJ out to park the rig. Tell me they weren't here at the same time?"

Dixie smiled, "Luke I'd never lie to you."

"Oh, Lord!" he said.

Dixie asked, "What's up with Daisy and BJ. Was I here when he was here last?"

Luke shook his head no. "It was after I got back from the Marines. BJ was a chopper pilot who pulled my A-- out of a slinge once. We became friends. When he came to see me after getting home and getting that rig out there, he and Daisy had feelings but he wasn't ready for ANY ties and left for the road and hasn't been back since. Jesse even let Daisy go to Wisconsin on a run with him. They were gone several days."

"That says something for BJ's character for Jesse to trust him like that!" said Dixie.

"Yeah, but now I'm worried about Enos. You know he's loved Daisy for years!" said Luke.

"Honey, they are all adults, you can't fix everything for everyone!" she said stroking his hair.

Luke nodded, "Yeah, I know but I don't like attributing to anyone's pain either." he said.

"Would you just go have a good time. They will both end up there and you can all straighten it out." said Dixie.

"Is Beth expecting Bo home tonight? He seems to think she is and plans to have Enos drive him home. I think she has him wrapped around her figure!" said Luke.

Dixie shook her head, "I don't know. Of course I'd like to have you home with me everynight too but with our jobs that won't happen. I'll just be happy if you guys go have a good time, sleep it off and get home tomorrow afternoon with out going to jail, having a fist fight, pissing off the law in five counties and of course being at the church on time day after tomorrow!"

"I'll be early just for you!" Luke said kissing her. "Do you know how much I love you? You are very realistic. I'd love to be home with you everynight too but there may be weeks I'm gone on one fire."

"And I could get a call at midnight to be at work at 4am. It happens. Then, we could have plans and you get stuck on a fire or I have to work over." said Dixie, "But with all that we have servived this far we'll work it out." She smiled, then kissed Luke.

'Yes, we will work it out.' thought Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo said, "Beth did Enos come out here?"

"Yeah, he was here, for awhile but after BJ showed up he just kinda left in a hurry." she said.

"Oh, Lord." said Bo.

Confussed, Beth asked,"What?"

"You know Enos has loved Daisy for years! Well, Daisy had a crush on BJ years ago! Those two are going to run into each other at the party!" said Bo. "We're just afraid Enos will get hurt."

Beth said, "Look, if Daisy isn't worried about it and IF BJ makes her happy? Why are you two worried about it?"

"Daisy can get 'tunnel vision' ***** from time to time. Enos came all the way from California to see her." replied Bo.

Beth placed her finger over Bo's mouth to shush him, "Honey, they both came to wish Luke well. Don't give Daisy a guilt trip about Enos or she may miss something really special. When we saw the rig pull in we thought it was LD. I had forgotten all about BJ McKay it had been so long but Daisy, now, she knew that rig as soon as it turned in the drive."

"If you say so." Bo replied. "Honey, I guess I'll have Enos, since no one else will be able to, run me home sometime later."

She smiled knowing what Bo was thinking, Beth said, "Boreguard Duke, you have every reason in the world not to come home tonight. Now don't get me wrong -- if you want to come home and can do it safely. Great! But, as long as you're not with anyone else, I'll let you slide just tonight!" she kissed him most passionately.

Several minutes later, Bo replied, "Keep that up and I'll not leave!"

Beth gave him an evil grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***** Tunnel vision -- only seeing what's right in front of you. You don't see anything else but what you are focused on.

Back at the garage, Jake, Bo, Jr., Cooter, and LB were wondering where everyone else was. Bo, Jr., ever the impatient one, being his daddy's son, looked at his watch seventeen times in two minutes. "Where are they?" he asked.

Jake smiled. "They'll be here. Just look on the bright side. At least Uncle Bo and Luke ain't runnin' moonshine. Then there might not be a party."

"I know...but..."

Bo, Jr. was interrupted by LB's laugh. "What?" he said, looking at the older man.

"The only reason Bo and Luke ain't runnin' shine, is cause Bo already delivered it here," LB said with a grin.

"Hot da--!" Bo, Jr. exclaimed his father's favorite phrase. "If my mama knew that my daddy ran moonshine in her car..."

"Which is why we ain't gonna say nothin' to her," interrupted Bo's voice, as he walked in the door.

Bo, Jr. jumped, but immediately calmed down when he realized it was his dad. "Daddy, you scared the s--- outta me."

"Let your mama hear ya talk like that and she'll BEAT the s--- out of you," Bo replied.

Luke laughed at the exchange between father and son. "Well, the thing about it is, the women ain't here. So let's just have a good time. Did Enos ever come along?"

"He ain't here yet," Jake said, as BJ walked in. Luke introduced his son to BJ, and everyone got acquainted. Then Cooter came in. After they all talked awhile, they started getting out beers, and milk for Enos. The shine was still hidden away under a table in a box.

As the men talked, Jeb, Coy, and Vance showed up in Vance's Mustang. They all stood around a little while. BJ smiled at Luke. "Luke, I'd forgotten alot of things about Hazzard, but one thing I didn't forget was that cousin of yours. She's goin' to let me escort her to the wedding."

Bo groaned softly as he looked up to see Enos, who had walked in just quick enough to hear what BJ had said.

~**~**~**~**~

Meanwhile, back at the farm...

Cue Dixie

Back at the farm,

Daisy walked back into the kitchen after Bo, Luke and BJ left for town. Dixie and Beth looked at her with questioning eyes. Daisy asked, "What?"

"Ghost from the past?" asked Dixie.

Daisy actually blushed. "Kind of. Of course there's been a lot of water under the bridge." She paused, "BJ was always fun to be around. I even went to Wisconsin once with him."

Beth said, "Come on or we'll never get this done."

They left in Luke's truck and Beth's car. With all the girls and all the decorations it would take both cars to get everything to the church.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake who wasn't real use to his new family said, "You are kidding, right? I thought you all couldn't make moonshine anymore?"

Luke stepped on Jake's boot. Though he was certain Enos heard the comment about the shine. "We can't, Son. Or we'd be drinking it instead of beer!" said Luke with a very innocent look on his face. He continued, "Well, Enos I'd like you to meet my son, Jake and you remember Bo, Jr."

Enos gave Luke a puzzled look.

Luke continued, "You remember the time after me and Robin broke up? When I chased every girl in the County? Jake here is the result of that chasin'!" said Luke matter-of-factly.

"Weeelllll, NOW, Boy howdy there! WHEW - Hooooo!" said Enos temporarily letting his mind travel from Daisy and that guy in the rig!

Luke continued, "Jake this is Enos Strate or should I say Deputy Enos Strate?"

"Now, Luke, that was a long time ago!" said Enos. "I'm just visiting! Kwee kwee!"

Luke replied, "So if something wasn't quiet above board you'd keep it to yourself?"

Enos gave Luke a questioning look. "Now, Luke I couldn't be involved in anything illegal."

"Now, Enos old buddy, I'd never ask you to do anything illegal. But there wouldn't be anything wrong with a couple younger gentlemen drinking a little water out of a Mason jar should there be any around would there? I mean after all both their father's approve of it and all." Luke asked.

Enos said, "Well, Luke there's not anything wrong with anyone drinking water. I can't understand why it would be in a Mason jar though nor why they would have to have their Dad's permission?"

Luke saw he had baffled Enos who had a lot on his mind at the moment. Luke gave Enos a little smile, "Enos, this is a special occassion and I think there may have been some 'special' water that has been put up for just this occassion. I think it may be a long while before these guys have an opportunity to have their first taste of this 'special' water. Now we have plenty of beverages aroung here, even got some buttermilk for you so I didn't figure you'd want any water that Jesse put back. Believe me any of us get in trouble or I'm not at that church on time day after tomorrow it won't be a pretty sight!" Luke saw the lights finally come on.

Enos said, "Oh, some of Jesse's water? Now, boys if you have some of that there water and you tell me its water I'll take your word for it unless of course it were being transported somewhere."

Luke smiled, "I give you my word as a Duke that none of that there water will leave this building in any containers. Now, let's get this party started." he handed Enos a glass of buttermilk that Cooter had just poured. "Thanks Enos for taking my word that they will be drinking water tonight and I'll also assure you that they won't be going any where until morning."

Bo, Jr. and Jake couldn't believe that Luke had that conversation with Enos

Cue Beth

But both of the boys were glad that Enos was going to let their "water" slide. Jake couldn't believe how smoothly a conversation like that one had gone. The men all gathered around in a circle. Bo, Jr. and Jake were enjoying their "water" very much, and before long, everyone was loosened up. Well, everyone except Enos with his Mason jar of buttermilk. And Enos was still pretty uptight about BJ and Daisy.

Luke was the first to start a story. "Bo, you remember when we found out Enos had gone lawman on us."

"Oh, boys," Enos protested. "Do you have to tell that one?"

"Yes, we do," Bo insisted with a grin. "Besides, Enos it ain't that bad."

"Oh, shucks, boys..." Enos said.

"Now, Enos," Luke said, "We've told on ourselves plenty. It's your turn to get told on, now."

Enos shook his head. "Oh... alright..."

So Luke began telling the story. "Enos's daddy, years ago, ran moonshine with our daddies, and Uncle Jesse, and J.D. Hogg. Enos even made a few runs with me and Bo, and Jeb sometimes." Luke grinned. "But Enos is an honest fella. And as good a friend as you'll ever have. Especially when he's on your side. But that's where things start to get a little confusing."

He looked at Bo to signal for him to pick up. Which he readily did. "Yeah, so one day we were sittin' in the kitchen and there was a knock on the door. Daisy opened the door, and there was Enos on the front porch in a Deputy's uniform. Daisy nearly fainted. Then Uncle Jesse walked in."

Enos's look was pleading with the boys to stop the story there. But tellin' them two to stop tellin' a story is like tellin' the sun to stop shinin'. It's a pure waste of time. And you really don't want either one to stop anyway.

So Luke continued, "Come on, Enos. It ain't bad! Uncle Jesse said, 'Enos Strate, your daddy would turn over in his grave if he knew about this. But... It'll be good knowin' we'll always have a good honest lawman around.'"

Enos relaxed.

"Now I reckon it's somebody else's turn to tell one," Bo said.

The next person to speak up was.....

Cue Dixie

The next person to speak up was Jake. "I've heard the stories of you 'running around' with all the girls. When did you know you REALLY loved Dixie? And there aren't any 16 year olds around now either."

Luke shook his head. He hadn't had that much moonshine, yet. "Well, when something is being taken away from you, you see what you had. I was really close to my frist serious girlfriend. If she hadn't pushed me into either asking her to marry her or breaking up then most likely I would have in the next couple years asked her to marry me. Especially after Bo and Beth got married. Well, she peeved me off and I ran around for quiet sometime. I'm not real proud of that now but I can say you are the one good thing that came from it. I did learn something from all those girls I missed having someone there. Dixie and I never planned for us to get serious but we did. Then her Father, ........ " Luke paused.

Bo was watching to see how much he was going to tell. "made sure the law threw the book at me to keep me away from her. She even left town to get away from everything that happened. After that I soon went in the the Marines because it was the right thing to do for my Country at the time but it was my way of going away too. But you want to know when I knew I loved her. We were talkign behind the barn one morning, our eyes met, the next thing I knew we were kissing. I remember hearing a door slam; it was all I could do to pull myself away before we got caught kissing. It had taken us both by such surprise. I knew that the others wouldn't understand me kissing Cooter's 'little sister'. He--, I didn't understand it myself." Luke looked at Bo, "Do you know even before we came back the first time, this time. I still had sreams about her. I would wake up in the middle of the night and wonder if I'd ever see her again."

Bo replied with a smile, "Well, cuz, I'd be willing to bet that if you servive the next few hours you'll not ever have to wonder that again."

Luke just grinned, "I sure hope you are right!"

Next, Bo, Jr. asked, "So Cooter did you ever have a girl get to you like that?"

Cue Beth

Cooter had hoped the questions wouldn't turn to him, but they did. So he looked at Bo, Jr. "Son," he said. "I've had many a girl turn my head, but only one that kept it turned. Girl named Kathy... She was... somethin' else."

"What happened to her?" Jake asked.

"Things just didn't work out. She went to college, and she never came back to Hazzard. I wasn't ready to marry her when we first got out of high school, and she didn't want to wait. She either wanted to get married or go to college. And I didn't want to get married yet, so she took off."

Bo, Jr. looked contemplative. So did Jake. Then they turned to Bo. "What about you and mama?" Bo, Jr. asked.

Bo smiled. "Me and your mama? Oh, Lord. I knew I loved her when I realized that, no matter how many other people I'd dated, it didn't mean nothin', because she was the one girl who I trusted and cared about more than myself. I was willin' to fight for her... die for her... and I... I don't know... She was just right."

Bo, Jr. smiled a little. "What have you two got on your minds?" Luke asked.

"Nothin'," Jake supplied. "Nothin' at all."

"You nervous, Uncle Luke?" Bo, Jr. asked.

"As a longtail cat in a room full of rockin' chairs. But I'll be alright. So don't worry about it. I'm just... just a nervous man, I reckon... But I ain't thinkin' about callin' it off."

Cooter grinned. "You'd have me waitin' to tan your hide all over again."

Luke shook his head. "And I sure as h--- don't want that."

Cooter agreed, "No, you sure don't!"

~**~**~**~**~

Meanwhile, at the Duke farm, the ladies had a big surprise for Miss Dixie Davenport.

Cue Dixie

Though Beth and Bo knew everyone in Hazzard it wasn't often she asked anyone to watch any of the kids. Ususally it was when she was having another little one, but tonight was different. She had given Jesse permission to stay at a friends. Bo, Jr. was with Bo, Luke and the others, 'God help us!'. She had arranged for Caroline and Michaela to stay with a neighbor for the night. She figured Ruth Ann was old enough to be home tonight. Beth, Daisy, Debbie were the instigators in giving Dixie a bridal shower.

Beth had even asked Dixie to take the girls to the neighbors so things could be set up. When Beth returned there were several cars she didn't recognize and several more that she did! Thanks to Debbie several other girls from where they worked before Dixie asked for a transfer had came to Hazzard to wish her and Luke well.

After the initial surprise, Beth and Daisy served cake, punch and other goodies. Then it was time to get on to the good part -- the presents!

Dixie was a little uneasy because quiet frankly she did NOT trust her friends -- well at least not to try to embarrass her!

The first present was from Ruth Ann, Caroline and Michaela. Dixie figured to open it first because surely this would be the safest present. She had to smile widely when she opened the box. It was two hand made blue lacy garders much like the one Luke had caught at Bo's wedding so long ago. They had both their names on it as well as the date. She smiled at Ruth Ann, "They are perfect! Thank all you girls!"

Ruth Ann explained, "One is for Uncle Luke to throw the other is for him to keep!"

Next was Jessica and Laura's gift. They had went in together for. It was a clothes basket stuffed with paper with the top covered with wrapping paper. Once Dixie removed the wrapping paper things were much clearer. The basket was filled with things the girls knew Dixie didn't have (at least not new) at the apartment. In side was several cooking utensils, ice trays, magnets for the frig, all sorts of cleaning and other useful items which surrounded a set of sheets, dish towels and in the center was the sexiest white bra and panty combo that would be perfect to wear with her wedding gown. Dixie said, "I love this! These are things I haven't had time to go get!"

The girls from work knew that Dixie had been a very conservative person. They couldn't talk her into going out at all while they worked together. Yes, these girls didn't know Dixie well. They did know she was a workaholic and with her crazy hours as well as the craziness of Lukes schedule they figured a crockpot would come in very handy. Dixie noticed the box had been resealed. "Open it and look at it!" said one of her co-workers. Dixie was getting worried. When she took it out it had strawberry designs on it. She had always had her kitchen in strawberries but the top of the crockpot looked strange. She lifted the top to find a black lace teddy. Dixie didn't blush easily she was thankful. "Well, you all know how to get to the things that are important to Luke! Are you all sure you haven't met him?" She smiled.

'Three down three to go!' thought Dixie. She still had to open presents from Daisy, Beth and Debbie!

Cue Beth

Dixie picked up Debbie's gift first. It was a heavy box, and she opened it, just a little worried about what she'd find. The box contained and iron skillet and a white lace negligée/robe set. Debbie smiled wickedly. "One for when Luke's naughty, and the other for when he's nice."

All the women laughed.

Daisy's gift also included some sexy lengerie. This was mixed in with a pretty wooden recipe box, with at least one recipe from each of the girls, the rest of the recipe cards to be filled in when Dixie or Luke found a food they liked.

Beth's gift was last. When Dixie opened it, she almost teared up. It was a multi-picture frame with baby pictures of her and Luke, and pictures of them the year they'd fallen in love. And pictures from the reunion when Luke had asked her to be his wife. And a blank spot, "for a wedding picture," Beth said, smiling as Dixie discovered Beth's choice of a red silky undergarment set.

"Y'all wanna know somethin'?" Dixie said. "Y'all are bad. Too bad for words. But I love you all." Dixie hugged all the girls.

By this time, the younger girls needed to go to bed, so they did. Dixie's work friends left. But Dixie, Debbie, Daisy, and Beth stayed awake into the wee hours of the night.

Dixie felt blessed with her friends.

~**~**~**~**~

Meanwhile, at the garage...

Cue Dixie

NOTE: For all the younger people of Hazzard County who don't remember Hardcastle and McCormick and want a better "look" than my descriptions check out the following link to see Mark McCormick, Judge Hardcastle, and Mark's car the Coyote! http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/coyote/index.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A powerful motor was heard pulling into Cooter's Garage. The garage was empty in seconds as the guys went outside to see who was driving something that sounded like THAT! Getting out of a red car that looked like nothing the guys had ever seen was a tall man with light brown hair. It had been years since the boys had seen the driver of the strange looking car who said, "I hear that there's a wedding about to take place here and the bride is NOT my sister!" he said with a smile.

When he spoke most of the guys knew the driver. Cooter replied with a chuckle, "Nope, she's my sister!"

"So how in the world did you change her Father's mind there Luke?" questioned Mark as he had been in the middle of the events when Luke and Dixie were caught in the backseat of the General Lee years ago.

"Well, now Mark, being that we are both well over 18 he just can't say to much now can he? How in the world did you hear about this? You haven't been in these parts since.........." Luke was interupted.

Mark replied, "Since never mind."

Luke said, "Mark. What is a Coyote?"

Mark laughed, "Thought ya'll would like him! He's a prototype car. Kind of like the General a one of a kind!"

"Well, now how does he run?" Asked Bo.

"Is that a challege?" asked Mark.

Luke laughed, "Well, before Bo let's his mouth get him into too much trouble here, I've drank the least if you want to run him up against the General Lee in a little friendly race like we used to out at the lake."

Mark, Bo, Cooter, Bo, Jr., and Jake all answered with a "YEEEHAWWW!!!"

Bo, Jr. and Jake had heard plenty of stories about their Dad's racing but hadn't witnessed one!!!

They all loaded up into the Coyote, the General and Luke's truck to go the the lake for a little friendly race between friends!

Things were sure different for old Enos being there to watch the race instead of trying to catch the participants! They even let him be the starter.

Luke and Mark both took off. Mark being in the lighter car jumped to an easy lead that was short lived as soon as Luke hit passing gear he came right back up beside Mark........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While turning out the lights in the kitchen, Beth heard the CB come to life. Though she didnt' recognize the voice she did catch the message about a race going on at the lake. "They wouldn't!!!"

Dixie said, "Who wouldn't what?"

Beth said, "Those fools wouldn't think about racing tonight would they?"

Daisy said, "Want to bet!"

Beth and Dixie both said, "No!"

Cue Beth

Beth shook her head. "Well, whether my son likes it or not, we're takin' his car to investigate." She took the keys to Stormy off of the keyhook, and went outside, followed closely by Daisy, Dixie, and Debbie. All four women jumped into the car, Beth in the driver's seat, with Dixie in the passenger's side, Daisy and Debbie in back. They headed out to the lake, hoping that they wouldn't find their husbands, or children, or future husbands... or anyone else... in the back of a police car.

Beth drove like a Duke... that was for sure. She was at the lake in record time. And when she heard the sounds of roaring engines, one she recognised as that of the General Lee, and another she didn't know, she picked up the CB in Bo, Jr's car. "This is Sunshine to everybody on the Hazzardnet... and I hope you know you're all in one h--- of alot of trouble."

Bo, Jr. was sitting next to Luke's truck, which had been supplied with a CB, complements of Cooter. He heard his mother's message over the radio, and jumped out to run over where his father was standing. "Daddy, if we don't get this thing over with before Mama gets here, we're all screwed."

"Huh?"

"Mama just sent out a message on the CB... And if we don't get this race over with quick, she's gonna kill us. All of us."

"Oh, Lord," Bo said. "They're racin' to the end of the road and back... did she say when she'd get here?"

"No. But she was peed off."

Bo shook his head. "We're in more trouble than I can even imagine."

Cue Dixie

Luke and Mark reached the end of the road at the same time. Both swung their cars wide and headed back to the start / finish line. They both looked into their rear view mirrors as they saw head lights behind them. Luke hadn't heard Beth over the engines and Mark didn't have a CB. They both knew from experience and several days in jail (in the past) that head lights when you are racing can't be good. They ran even harder back to the finish line. One consolation was that they had saw head lights and no blue lights.

Not hearing Beth, either, even Enos was having a good time.

Judging from the head lights Mark and Luke didn't take the fast approaching lights behind them as the law so they stopped at the finish line. It had been a even tie! Jake, BJ and the others surrounded the cars with congratulations! The car behind them suddenly forgotten.

Beth got out, spotted Bo and Bo, Jr. and made a bee line for them.

Dixie saw Luke had been driving the General Lee. She walked over tapped Luke on the shoulder and asked, "Have you completely lost all your senses????"

Cue Beth