Thanks Hoss, that's certainly more affordable. And you can make money with a tow truck.

Or, you can sink money into General Lee Dodge Chargers, like this one in FL. Steep price, bidding starting at $33,000. Wow. Not to get picky, but I'm not sure this car would meet the elitist requirements of a true GL replica. I can't tell if there's a rollbar, and it's a 68, not a 69, but...whatever, I'd be happy to start with one of these, ya know? Also appears to have been signed by some cast members.

Florida General Lee

On an aside, I noticed the Volo General Lee went for something around 25 grand. Not a bad price. The cheaper project General Lee, seems to have been removed from the listings. Looks like that seller may have been getting pretty low offers.

Thanks Hoss, that's certainly more affordable. And you can make money with a tow truck.

Or, you can sink money into General Lee Dodge Chargers, like this one in FL. Steep price, bidding starting at $33,000. Wow. Not to get picky, but I'm not sure this car would meet the elitist requirements of a true GL replica. I can't tell if there's a rollbar, and it's a 68, not a 69, but...whatever, I'd be happy to start with one of these, ya know? Also appears to have been signed by some cast members.

Florida General Lee

On an aside, I noticed the Volo General Lee went for something around 25 grand. Not a bad price. The cheaper project General Lee, seems to have been removed from the listings. Looks like that seller may have been getting pretty low offers.

Hi Brian, when it comes your time to restore a GL, which

Interior color you like most to you: black or beige

Brown?.

a hug.

I also prefer black and Charger R / T, but here in Argentina tell me that is LEE 1 charger SE and beige, aaahhh and plymouth mirror 69. I ask this because there is no brian chargers 69 and then chose to do so. For now I'm buying parts (my photos) that identify general lee my future. thanks for your answer.

A hug.

I belatedly found details of another unusual General that was for sale last month. It was donated to a charity auction by former NBA star Jalen Rose (I'm sorry - the name means nothing to me, but how many of y'all can name an All-Star hurler without Google?).

According to the info I found it is claimed to be one of four cars that survived the TV series and is signed by both Jalen Rose and John Schneider. That's the good, now (what I consider) the bad. It has a crate 360ci motor, custom leather interior, custom wheels, the 'General Lee' text on the roof is replaced with "Longboy" (Rose's grandmother's nickname for him), the '01' on the door is replaced with "05" (his old number) and the Confederate flag has gone altogether (a matter that has been discussed at length in other threads). Everyone has their own taste, and Kenny Wayne Shepard did his own take on the General with his 'Xtreme Lee'. While normally these changes would be cool upgrades, it just seems wrong to do them to one of the original WB Generals.

The auction seems to have been on ebay twice, and I'm not if it sold. The first auction had a starting price of $45k and received no bids, the second (see here while the page is still available) was ended by the seller.

The original article that I discovered this morning is here.

• 3 weeks later...

The General Lee replica owned by Volo Auto Museum is back on ebay, due to non-payment by the previous winning bidder. This is good news for somebody out there, a second chance to pick up a very nice General for reasonable money. The previous winning bid, which defaulted on payment, was under $25,000.

Volo General Lee

Looks like the Volo car didn't get any bids this time. I also checked out the Jalen Rose car (see above). As far as I can tell it sold for $100k - which is good for his charity. It's now up for sale again:

1969 Dodge Charger General Lee

The new owner has replaced Jalen's custom decals with standard General Lee ones and put it up for sale at $99,999.00 or best offer, even though it still has the wrong wheels. Either way, if you've got $100k burning a hole in your pocket, it's meant to be 1 of 4 that survived the TV series.

• 1 month later...

This auction is live for just under 2 days yet, so the link might have a short life. But anyway...even if I had the money, I can't imagine buying something like this just to stick it in an air-conditioned garage and admire it silently. I understand that people invest in cars like this nowadays, but I couldn't. Not at any money.

I'd be taking this sucker on the interstate and getting the speeding ticket of a lifetime. If they caught me. :p

Too Expensive to Drive

This auction is live for just under 2 days yet, so the link might have a short life. But anyway...even if I had the money, I can't imagine buying something like this just to stick it in an air-conditioned garage and admire it silently. I understand that people invest in cars like this nowadays, but I couldn't. Not at any money.

I'd be taking this sucker on the interstate and getting the speeding ticket of a lifetime. If they caught me. :p

Too Expensive to Drive

uuuaaauuuu 300????,to bring to my country there are 6000 total ship and 50% of the 300,000 more for taxes to my government, you're right brian lot of money just to look and not to speed.

greetings.: Escape:: Escape:

that volo general lee is buy a company called dynamic auto restorations, they sell some very nice lees, im planning on getting one from them if and when i get the money, if and when i get my backpay from social securty and its enought which i added it up and its suppose to be over 40k, now idk if thats much or not that ill get but id hope so, i also recently asked how much it would cost to do it like the way i wanted, which is the later season lees with large push bar, i think 1982+, with the 440 and a727 auto tranny and they said they could do it for 15k, but thats very limited and sadly i wont be able to get the money by then, but i can say this for sure, they have the cheapest ive seen thats 100% fully restored on everything, for 25k to 30k its the best ive seen and one of the most accurate or possibly the most accurate, good thing is you can have it build your way since they do all order from scratch for each customer, or you can buy one already made as they do that too, and they do more then general lee, they do new and old knight rider, eleanor from gone in 60 seconds, the remake idk bout the orginial, and anything you want, you tell them what ya want, you pay them and they will build it, i suggest checking them out and asking them questions for anything you might want to buy or have made your way, link to there site is below, anyways ttyl peace

http://www.dynamicautorestoration.com/