hazzardnet someone has this old advertising dukes??

What a great question. I have no idea where this was displayed. It's interesting that the billboard does not say "CBS" anywhere on it. Only says "Friday 8 pm Channel 2."

Given the size and scope of this thing, it looks like it would have been displayed outside of a studio or network affiliate. I'm still surprised it doesn't say "CBS" though. I'm also guessing that the shadow on the billboard is a palm tree, making another guess that this was displayed in L.A.

All wild guesses. Maybe Hoss has some ideas?

Flash is on there and it says "Bigger and better than ever" so we know it's not something to promote the opening of the series. What it that thing below Cooter? Is that Warner Brothers trademark W?

Good eyes, Roger. You're right. That's the early 80's era Warner logo. Another clue, is when I went to save this image to my computer, in order to enlarge it - the name of the image came up as, "Studio Sign."

So it looks like this was something displayed outside of the Warner Bros studio. The question that remains is when this billboard is from. It has Flash, and Enos, which tells us that it's probably after the "Enos" spinoff ended and Sonny returned to the show. But I can't figure out what they mean by "Bigger and Better than Ever." Off the top of my head, I can't put this together with a particular season.

And I'm not sure it would be related to the return of John and Tom, post-strike; sadly the show didn't make it much further thereafter, even though the scripts were better. (while many of the car stunts were fake or re-used clips) I'd be surprised if WB went through this only to cancel the show a year later, but...anything is possible.

Other guesses, anyone?

Warner Bros. stopped using that logo and went back to the shield logo in 1984. So, that ad is probably from 1984 or prior. That narrows it down a little. My guess is that it was to celebrate the return of Tom and John in Season 5 in Feb of 1983. The sign looks pretty weathered, so at the time this picture was taken, it had probably been up for a year or so.

thanks for your efforts, friends, I thought it was gonna be more

just know the history of the old advertising.

was also believed that some U.S. museums.

I like HAZZARDNET, and I often walk into many

post, only I can not vouch for my lack of knowledge

the history of our idols, the dukes of

hazzard .....

a hug, a good life for all.

carlos.

: Lol:: Lol:

thanks for your efforts, friends, I thought it was gonna be more

just know the history of the old advertising.

was also believed that some U.S. museums.

I like HAZZARDNET, and I often walk into many

post, only I can not vouch for my lack of knowledge

the history of our idols, the dukes of

hazzard .....

a hug, a good life for all.

carlos.

: Lol:: Lol:

You are welcome, Carlos. It was an interesting question and a good discussion. You do pretty good with that translation thing you use.

Sometimes our posts here on HazzardNet don't make any sense in English, I can only wonder what they look like after translation. Maybe it's better than what we start with. Heh!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, my friend has a large collection of old photos of dukes, he sent me another but I want to know if NO OTHER PROBLEMS THAT IS SITE The Dukes of Hazzard.

MODERATORS PLEASE DELETE IF proved necessary.

It may be other advertising in the same place as before.

thank you all, a big hug from Argentina.

Hola a todos, mi amigo tiene una gran coleccion de fotos antiguas de los dukes, me envió otra pero quiero saber si NO HAY PROBLEMAS QUE SEA DE OTRO SITIO DE LOS DUKES DE HAZZARD.

POR FAVOR MODERADORES SI ES NESESARIO ELIMÃNELA.

Es posible que sea otra publicidad en el mismo lugar que la anterior.

gracias a todos, un gran abrazo desde argentina.

151yl.jpg

This looks like the same building as the first photo, but this promotional sign is older. I'd say this is still the Warner Bros studio. The sign almost has the look of older Dukes of Hazzard trading cards. It's the lettering that is throwing me off. It's not the typical "Dukes" font, but it does look like it says "The Dukes of Hazzard."

I'm wondering how long that General Lee was stuck up at the top of the building, after seeing this.