German Dukes Of Hazzard fan from Dubai..

simon*X

Hello,

as the title says i am a German Expatriate who live in Dubai since 2006. I am a huge Dukes of Hazzard fan since my Childhood and the General Lee is my dream car since forever :)

I am glad that i found this site, and i am sure it will be very helpful in finding or building a General Lee.

Hallo Simon. Ich glaube, Sie sind unser erstes Mitglied in Dubai.

(Ich kenne einige Deutsche, aber ich bin nicht sehr gut - ich Google mit diesen zu übersetzen)

I think your English is better than my German, so let's continue in English :) - I just thought I'd welcome you in your native language.

I hope you enjoy hanging around HazzardNet.

Many thanx Gentleman..

Well i am actually a 2in1 deal :) :) :) As i am German but from Dubai LOL.

I dont konw if you have any german fans here on the forums?

Carlos, did you build your General yourself?

Since about a year i am looking for Generals/ Companies to build one... It seems VERY tricky though :(

• 2 months later...

Hey there fellow countryman. ^o^ *dudeldidei*

Since about a year i am looking for Generals/ Companies to build one... It seems VERY tricky though :(

I have heard of one company selling Generals on ebay. They customize the cars and they had 100% positive feedback, when I checked them out. They ship to countries other then the states as well. But I was warned by some other german fans, who said, this sounds to good to be true, especially, when it comes to the price of the car, which was about 21k-27k. They told me to be careful, not only because of the seller, but also because of the shipping fee, the taxes, the fact that a customized General Lee maybe would'nt even be allowed to be run on german streets - dang EU restrictions...

... dang EU restrictions...

In the UK, cars have to have orange turn signals, so many classic American cars either have to have replacement lights or special conversions. I think the laws regarding emissions etc. are even tougher in Germany. Probably best if you find an American car club to check where you stand.

In the UK, cars have to have orange turn signals, so many classic American cars either have to have replacement lights or special conversions. I think the laws regarding emissions etc. are even tougher in Germany. Probably best if you find an American car club to check where you stand.

Yeah, in Germany they have to change the lights as well, because of the color. And with the license plates they are even stricter. There are a whole load of license plates and you can only run the car to the conditions of these plates you have got. If you do else, you'll get massive problems. One example is the so called H-plate for classic cars. These cars have to be in a good or very good shape and don't have to be modyfied, or if modyfied and changed, then they have to be modyfied in a contemporary way.

This is the Wikipedia text I found about the H-Plate.

Certain types of vehicle bear special codes:

Plate for vintage cars

Classic cars (known in German by the pseudo-English expression Oldtimer, also used for vintage aircraft) can get an H (historisch, historic) at the end of the plate, such as K-AA 100H in order to preserve the so called "vehicle of cultural value" (kraftfahrtechnisches Kulturgut"). It also includes a flat tax of appr. €190 per year. The requirements for a vehicle for an H-Plate are:

-minimum age of the vehicle of 30 years from first registering

-must be in original condition and well maintained. Some features such as safety belts or a catalytic converter which have been added are accepted and are not in conflict with the "original condition" rule.

Plus rams aren't allowed in Germany any more. And a General without a ram, isn't a General.

You'll have to tell the Bundestag that the General Lee is a "vehicle of cultural value" :).

Do you really think that Merkel knows what car has what value? XD I guess she is someone who would stand there, clap idiotically in her hands and say: "I do love my Bonzenkarre", if someone would tell her, that a Mercedes Benz is called like that. : D

I didn't find the correct translation for that word. A Bonze is a bigwheel and the Mercedes is almost driven by rich people, or politicians, that's why it has this name. Karre means car in a negative way.