Hazzard Square

• 2 months later...

We can virtually walk in Hazzard, that is not the old one but we can perceive some atmosphere. I would find a town in america which it provide this sensation to here.
Do you know where is it possible ? 

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1486996,-118.3363809,3a,75y,282.46h,95.16t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAF1QipOgtc9rQQiE4_aVf3uhKUK45Q8BEMQX1Q4dFF4v!2e10!7i13312!8i6656

Capture2.PNG.23158b9a36548a1817fb002c7fc82b7f.PNG

Yes the blue house is the Boss Hog one. But the interior has changed , it's so sad. The 80s style of this home was so conforting.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.148164,-118.3360408,3a,75y,154.21h,89.96t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAF1QipOGhlnGo56u5g5MfIg4LzHbWSI_LGRaItmH2cvW!2e10!3e11!7i13312!8i6656

As i can't live in a story of Dukes of Hazzard, i recently started to trip on Google map, I found a lot of filming location near Covington, and i was so happy. I never footed US lands, (I am from France living in Japan). But for me, California have more nostalgic, because 98% of the show was filming here. I am aiming to visit all everything about Dukes Of hazzard one day.

Edited by airdream
add image

At least Boss' house is still standing. The houses after it, including the haunted house from 'The Hazzardville Horror', have been replaced by newer buildings.

Considering LA's liking for redevelopment, the remaining houses on Hazzard Square must be among the oldest in the area ;).

• 1 year later...

This may have been mentioned before in the past...but, if you ever watch the classic coming-of-age/juvenile delinquent drama Rebel Without a Cause (1955) with James Dean & Natalie Wood, part’s of that were filmed on the Warner Bros lot as well. The police station in that movie, is the court house/police station in “Dukes”. 

On 2/26/2022 at 5:38 PM, MonacoMan said:

This may have been mentioned before in the past...but, if you ever watch the classic coming-of-age/juvenile delinquent drama Rebel Without a Cause (1955) with James Dean & Natalie Wood, part’s of that were filmed on the Warner Bros lot as well. The police station in that movie, is the court house/police station in “Dukes”. 

Thanks, MonacoMan. It's taken me a few days to dig out my DVD of 'Rebel Without a Cause'. You only get a couple of shots of the exterior of the police station in the movie, and they're at night (unless I missed something skipping through). The entrance has had quite a few modifications over the years, so I'll have to try and get a similarly angled screengrab from Dukes for a comparison.

On 2/28/2022 at 1:53 PM, HossC said:

Thanks, MonacoMan. It's taken me a few days to dig out my DVD of 'Rebel Without a Cause'. You only get a couple of shots of the exterior of the police station in the movie, and they're at night (unless I missed something skipping through). The entrance has had quite a few modifications over the years, so I'll have to try and get a similarly angled screengrab from Dukes for a comparison.

True...only the exterior of the building was used in “Rebel”.  I’m sure it was probably modified over the years for different shows/movies. There was over 20 years between “Rebel” and “Dukes”.  But, when watching the movie I thought I recognized it. But I wanted to know for sure, so I looked it up online. The interiors for “Dukes” I’m sure were soundstages set up somewhere else on the lot. I’m not sure if those were the actual interiors of that building? But maybe they were...

Edited by MonacoMan

• 1 year later...

I didn’t read through the entire thread recently, so I don’t know if it has been mentioned. My apologies if it has. The conversation about “Rebel Without a Cause” reminded me that Cooter’s garage is the livery stable in “The Shootist.”  You also see a few wider street shots in that movie. 

18 minutes ago, Burl Tolliver said:

I didn’t read through the entire thread recently, so I don’t know if it has been mentioned. My apologies if it has. The conversation about “Rebel Without a Cause” reminded me that Cooter’s garage is the livery stable in “The Shootist.”  You also see a few wider street shots in that movie. 

I never knew that!! Wow! Thanks! :) 

8 hours ago, Burl Tolliver said:

I posted eight screengrabs from 'The Shootist' back on page 7 of this thread. Here's the one showing the livery stables.

Shootist5.jpg

Mark B even included a homage to 'The Shootist' in his model of Cooter's Garage.

20393597784_2d136c0a07_c.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 2/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, MonacoMan said:

And in 'The Shootist', you can see inside that room that is labled 'office' in Dukes (they never showed inside of that space in the series).