Yankee or Dixie?

bethie88

Given I was born and raised in New England and still live here I rated the following...

71% Dixie.

It was once said by some one from the south that the New England area really is the south....up north. Now either that's true, or I've just watched too much Dukes and Smokey and the Bandit and whatnot. :D

Not trying to start that type of discussion here (sure it has been done already), but the anti-heritage folks need to study their history a liittle bit better. The so-called Confederate Flag did not even fly over Richmond during the Civil War (War Between the States) anyhow.

As you may know, the flag that is displayed on the roof of the General Lee is the Confederate Battle Flag. The flag that flew over Richmond when the war broke out is known as The First National Confederate Flag, also known as 'The Stars and Bars'. Because the National Flag so much resembled the Unions' 'Stars and Stripes'(intentionally), they were easily confused for each other on a smokey battle field, which can result in friendly-fire. In 1863 the now famous Confederate Battle Flag was introduced and distributed to the CS Armies in the Eastern and Western Theaters.

My avatar is known as the Third National Flag...The First National Flag(Stars and Bars) was eventually changed to the Second National Flag which was basically the Third National Flag without the Red stripe on the end...The Red stripe was added in the latter stages of the war, so that it would not be mistaken for a surrender flag when not flapping in the wind.

The Confederate Battle Flag, which is painted on the General Lee, was originally ( I believe ) the regimental flag from the Northern Virginia Infantry.....and adopted later as the "common" Confederate Flag.

Ah, nothing like history to invigorate the mind -- instead of political correctness that runs amok today.

Next thing you know, someone will say that slavery existed before the United States. :roll:

P.S. Twenty years ago, I used to live right down Route 30 from you (near Abbottstown, PA).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...