Dukes Farm House being Dismantled

DoubleShot

• 4 years later...
On 4/18/2011 at 11:22 PM, RogerDuke said:

I got my six boards in the mail today and I love them!

At first I was worried that when they arrived I'd be too sad about the farm being tore down to enjoy them but that wasn't the case at all.

Fortunately we've had a couple years to emotionally prepare for the loss of the farm after NASH became a HazzardNet member and warned us it really couldn't be avoided.

I've accepted the fact that the farm is history. I'm still saddened but there's nothing I can do about it and have no choice but to move on.

Owning the boards is tremendously comforting. I hate traveling so I never got to see the farm but holding (and owning) something that is a piece of Dukes of Hazzard history is a very special feeling. I really can't describe it. Calling it spirutual isn't right because God is much more important than anything on this Earth but in a Dukes of Hazzard perspective, I guess I would descibe it as almost spiritual.

After all, the farm in Georgia is where it all began. The Georgia episodes started something that has had a profound influence on my life. After God and family I can think of nothing else that has influenced my life more than the Dukes of Hazzard. More than three decades after those 5 historic episodes in the Georgia farmhouse, that's still true.

Thanks so much to DoubleShot for originally making the story about the farm available on this thread. Thanks to Chuck Hewatt for giving us the opportunity to own a piece of history.

For any of you still considering owning something, you can go back to the original post on this thread and then e-mail Chuck at hollis42@comcast.net.

I'm not sure what's still available but time's running out. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity.

By the way, after corresponding with Chuck via e-mail I had no doubts about the authenticity of the boards but he sent 6 certificates that were notarized by a notary public from Walton County Georgia.....very professional!

I'll value my treasures forever. I'm sure a lot of folks wouldn't be able to understand why....but that's one reason I love the HazzardNet so much...you folks get it!

Hey Dave, if you log in I am putting this post on the top of the "Latest Posts and Activities" page so you can find it easier. Also, check out the "Save the Duke Farm" thread. Thanks to HossC for digging them both up.

Edited by RogerDuke

• 9 months later...
On 3/18/2011 at 5:15 AM, DoubleShot said:

I got this sent to me on Facebook and am posting it here so you all know about this. Hope this is appreciated. I will miss that house.

Own a piece of the Dukes homesteadAs you have probably already heard the Dukes farmhouse in Georgia is being dismantled. The owner was told it was a safety hazard and he is currently having it torn down. The contractor is saving the pieces and selling them. The money he raises will help pay him for the job.

If you are interested in owning a piece of the Dukes farmhouse please contact this contractor, Chuck Hewatt, as soon as possible. His email address is hollis42@comcast.net

Here is an email which he sent to Jon Holland to be posted for fans. I am copying and pasting this with Jon's permission.

Hello All!

Thank you for contacting me regarding Dukes of Hazzards Home Place demolition. I am currently in the early phases of the process. There are several prices I would like to give to you all and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me.

Each exterior log will be sold by the foot for $50 a piece.

The tin roof will be sold one square foot at $20 a piece.

The smaller pieces of the granite chimney will be sold for $25 a piece.

The interior boards will be sold in one foot pieces for $15 a piece.

I also have professional pictures as well that can be ordered for $15 a piece(8X10) with the picture of how the home use to look during the filming and a picture of how it looked before I started the tear down process.

April 9,2011 will be the first Saturday that we will do a bulk day where everyone can come buy their piece of history. If you need to work out other arrangements just let me know.

Of course if you would not be able to travel to pick up your piece but you still would like one shipping and handling will be added on your price.

Cash preferred upon receipt.

Thank you again for contacting me. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Chuck Hewatt

________

So here is your chance to own a piece of history.

Calling on Hazzard Nation for some help!,

I recently discovered that my piece of the Dukes Farm TIN ROOF has been misplaced.  Most likely in a box that went with my Charger for restoration.
Very likely the shop piecing my car back together thought it was a rusted out floorpan or something and threw it out.

I was looking for it today, ready to place it about my model of the Duke Farm house.  To my dismay, I can not located it anywhere.

Does anyone happen to have another piece of The Duke Farm (WALL / ROOF on hand, or know where I can get one to replace the one I lost.  This is SO unfortunate, and I’m really bummed!  

I’m hoping SOMEONE can be a real HERO and help me out!
Thanks for checking.

Ross Gentry “MYOH1”, Wheaton, IL. rossgentry@comcast.net

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 12.28.45 AM copy.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 11.58.03 PM.png