Prayers for those affected by the Japan Earthquake & Tsunami

This is difficult for me to watch because I know somebody from Tokyo. His family (mother, uncles, aunts, neices and nephews) live in one of the small towns at sea level that were in the worst hit area and he hasn't been able to get ahold of any of them.

He was a college student over here and moved back to Japan a couple years ago.

I cant imagine how the people are suffering...as well as those waiting to hear news of loved ones....

My dad lives in the Philippines, which is part of the "Ring of Fire". I know I was getting worried when the phone lines wouldnt work there....(many Filipino people have family in japan, including my stepmother, and I am guessing everyone and his brother was on the phone). Fortunately their tsunami waves only reached 8 feet and didn't cause much damage.

Still though, my heart aches for those affected...

I'm very concerned about this nuclear power plant meltdown. Since I'm from Pennsylvania I remember all too well how scarey 3 Mile Island was. It didn't turn out to be as bad as it could have but this incident in Japan is a whole different matter.

God is in control. I know it doesn't always seems like it, but things happen for a reason. All we can really do is make sure we're on His side.

I'll let everybody knows as soon as I hear news about my friend's family.

Watching the footage tonight is heart-breaking.

I just hope it doesn't get worse with this problem with the reactors. Things aren't looking good right at the moment. I see they just adjusted the size of the quake to a 9.0

We haven't heard from our friend in Japan since the quake hit. We have heard that his family's entire town is completely gone so there's a chance he might have lost everybody.

We haven't heard from our friend in Japan since the quake hit. We have heard that his family's entire town is completely gone so there's a chance he might have lost everybody.

That's just so hard to fathom. I keep praying for some miracles to come out of this every day though.

Now there's a danger of the wind blowing radioactivity to Tokyo. It normally doesn't blow that direction but it shifted for a little while yesterday. If the radiation levels increase to the levels that are feared and the wind blows it toward Tokyo, it would be catastrophic. A lot of people are already fleeing Tokyo, but of course a lot of others have nowhere to go.

A big fear for us is that all the reactors could melt and the radioactivity could spread around the globe. I know it would be dissapated once it got here but I wonder about it getting in our rain eventually.

(BTW, I'm not going to be posting any more updates on this issue. I will update everybody if I hear more about my friend's family though. This whole thing depresses me and I like to come here to get away from all the troubles of the world)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.