The thing I love the most...

BoJamesDuke

Okay, just a little musing going on over here in England as I watch Dukes, and I've come across the reason I love them Dukes so much....aside from the very hot boys, incrediably smart and able girl, the family dynamic and the General Lee...its the fact that they live in a world where material things arn't important to them. Where finding a $5 bill is as exciting as finding a million, where all they have is land, family and an awsome race car and they're content with that. They dont care how much someone does or doesn't have, any extra money they get is usually donated to those who need it and they never actively seek out any reward for what they do around Hazzard. They have so much fun with just the little things in life - going fishing or hunting or even just driving around singing songs. Its a world that I wish we lived in, because I recon if everyone could take a chapter out of this awsome show's book, the world would be a heck of a lot nicer place.

And what brought this on? I'll tell you the scene so maybe you can watch it and get the same feelings I did...or maybe i'm just crazy lol. Its in Season 3, The Great Hazzard Hijack at the very beginning. Luke catches £1000 dollars floating by in the river. He picks it up and declares 'We're Rich!'. Even though we all know and he knows he isn't gonna keep that money, the look on his face and the excitement in his tone of voice just made me go 'Awwww Bless Him!' literally out loud. He wouldn't be rich with that amount of money, but just the fact he got that feeling from finding that - which lets face it so many people would take for granted - really hit me.

Anyways, that's just me ;)

Very well put Bo James! :D I would have to agree with everything you said...it would be a much more happy and peaceful world if everyone had that attitude - even myself.

I can't recall that scene off hand right now, but I can envision it and just see Luke's expression and hear his voice. It's great.

As I said, very well pout, Bo James. :)

What a great tribute BoJames!

I especially enjoyed the "really hit me" quote at the end. I've had so many moments in the past 32 years where the show really hit me. Since I've been here on the HazzardNet I've also many times when something really hit me and your post was one. It's so nice to know there's folks out there who love the Dukes as much as I do.

I'm not just a fan of the show, I'm also a fan of some of the great folks here....like BoJames!

Thanks for putting a smile on my face tonight!

I'd have to agree with you, that's one reason I love the Dukes too. My parents made sure we never went without, but the way we were brought up, experiences and family were more important than material things. I think that kind of thinking is a little rarer nowadays, but there are still folks keepin' it alive.

I agree with you MM. When my brother and I were kids, we got toys, but we were content with what we got. When we got older, my parents taught us the value of saving our allowance if we wanted something. A friend of mine and her husband have 2 kids and I love them to death, but I think their kids are spoiled. You can buy them something, but 5 minutes later they toss it aside and really don't play with it again. Now, I'm not married and have no kids, but doesn't that teach kids bad things?

BoJames, I agree that you gain something new watching the Dukes again and again. They were content with what they had, not wishing for what they didn't have. That's what I love about the show too.

Okay, sorry, I know I just went on a long rant, but this is my two cents...okay maybe $5! :)