2011 Sprint Cup race reviews and results

Garrett Duke

I am, as you know, disinterested (but not uninterested) in the result. Maybe next season I'll pick a driver to follow :).

So you have said before...am looking forward to seeing who ever it is you plan on following. HA HA. I for one have to have a driver or a team to follow, but I suppose you don't get too upset over who wins or loses or who crashes or who cheats who if you don't have that driver or team to go for. Just glad I got you into watching NASCAR Hoss...it's a step in the right direction :escape:. HA HA. Just joking. Nothing wrong with F1...I just understand NASCAR better.

yeah I happy with Tony Stewart's 2 time win 2nd row this week and I plan go watching practice in Kansas in Oct 7th because not far from my home area. we drive less 30 to 1 hour drive to kc ks I will get lot pictures of each cars same as last year. I am back since busy and stuff not much here on forum. I almost forget lot time here since last time. I still fan of Tony Stewart. :)

Well I finally was able to watch the race after missing the last two races due to one thing or another...was a decent race. Carl Edwards led a lot of laps, Jimmie Johnson led the most laps, and Kurt Busch passed on the last or second to last restart to go on to win the race. (Know you were happy to see or hear about that, Roger...am happy for you, but disappointed to see JJ get his win stolen from him.)

Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman ran pretty bad today...after Stewart winning two in a row, he had a bad race today - finishing 25th.

Jr had his share of bad luck as he had a sway bar fall in the first half of the race and came home 24th.

Jeff Gordon had his worst starting position today as he started 34th...first half of the race he was fast going to the front, but didn't do much on the last half of the race. He went home a disappointed 12th place today - knock him down from fifth in points to nineth.

Here is the top ten finishes of today's race:

1. Kurt Busch

2. Jimmie Johnson

3. Carl Edwards

4. Kasey Kahne

5. Matt Kenseth

6. Kyle Busch

7. AJ Allmindinger

8. Clint Bowyer

9. Marcos Ambrose

10. Kevin Harvick

The boys will be racing at Kansas in a couple of hours on ESPN...Greg Biffle won the pole to be leading the pack to the green flag today. Am looking forward to watching the race (am now watching Race Day on SPEED...better turn it on Roger if you are reading this NOW...they are talking to your very own Kurt Busch. HA HA) Looking for a win from Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson!

LET'S GO JEFF GORDON AND TEAM 24!!!!!!!!!!

As always, I'll be writing up the review once the race is over with how the race went, who won the race, and how the chase drivers did.

Well the race is still going on...am watching it on the TV as well as on the computer - get to watch Gordon on the computer. So far, Jimmie Johnson has led the most laps and Biffle has led a lot of laps. Gordon was having a good race up until last caution when he got (Tony Stewart bumped him from behind or did something to give him some help going backwards. Another bad restart by team 24) sent back and now is 17th and is clearly upset by how he is talking on the radio. Now complaining of something wrong under the hood. This twenty four fan is now very frustrated with this race...sadly ironic how a great race goes bad so fast...he should have gotten tires instead of just gas under the caution. Now they are back under caution for debris so who knows...(at least now he has four fresh tires, probably too late this late in the race.)

Other than that, not a whole lot has happened in the race. Most cautions has been out for debris except for one when Landon Cassill went off track and onto the grass. Biffle got caught speeding in pits and had to do a drive through penalty. Ryan Newman missed a lugnut and had to do a pass through penalty for that too. Carl Edwards, who was tied for first in points, has had a long and rough race as well.

And now with ten laps to go, Gordon's oil is pegged. They just said he'd be lucky if he can finish the dang race. Not the race I was hoping for. His title hopes for 2011 isn't looking too good with a a couple of mediocre races already and now this. Will always be a proud 24 fan, just frustrated with the finish of this race. And now he's blowing up...caution out for Gordon's smoke. Two laps to go and all...

Jimmie Johnson held on to win the race...Carl Edwards came back to finish fifth.

Here is the top ten finishes:

1. Jimmie Johnson

2. Kasey Kahne

3. Brad Keselowski

4. Matt Kenseth

5. Carl Edwards

6. Kevin Harvick

7. Clint Bowyer

8. Greg Biffle

9. Marcos Ambrose

10.Mark Martin

yeah I see today oh well sorry about jeff's car blew in back of car.. oh well. I wish tony win for points. but hope for next night race better. So current points leader are:

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2011/data/standings.html

Chase Standings Kansas 10/09

1 Carl Edwards 2161

2 Kevin Harvick 2160

3 Jimmie Johnson 2157

4 Brad Keselowski 2150

5 Matt Kenseth 2149

6 Kurt Busch 2145

7 Tony Stewart 2142

8 Kyle Busch 2141

9 Dale Earnhardt Jr 2118

10 Jeff Gordon 2114

11 Ryan Newman 2107

12 Denny Hamlin 2082

as well what you think of that huh oh well for Tony down bit again. hope up for next week

Garrett Duke, did you check out my picture from friday for kansas speedway that I was went for practice but it was very windy outside feel like near 20 or 30 mph to be. :)

Garrett Duke, did you check out my picture from friday for kansas speedway that I was went for practice but it was very windy outside feel like near 20 or 30 mph to be. :)

I did see them. You took some pretty good pictures! Sorry I didn't comment on them...was going to, but when I looked at them, I was too tired to do so. Sorry it was so windy. Hope you had a good time.

Uh Oh, Jimmie Johnson's starting to come on strong. There's going to be a lot of mad people if he wins it all for the sixth time in a row!

It's amazing how tight the first 8 spots are.

Thanks for the updates you two.

and

I did see them. You took some pretty good pictures! Sorry I didn't comment on them...was going to, but when I looked at them, I was too tired to do so. Sorry it was so windy. Hope you had a good time.

yeah thanks and yeah I know and, Roger, that true if he would do but I need for Kevin or Carl or Jeff or Tony to win this year to be since they need it and I tired of Jimmie's wins a lot time. I hate that. I wish he need break time for to give to them who need win badly.. :)

Read an article that said that Jr, Gordon, Newman and Hamlin are pretty much out of the title hunt right now. They are all a race worth of points out of the championship as of now. Of course if the top nine drivers have horrible races and Gordon and Jr has great races...it is still managable - just not as likely. :( :( :( Very disappointed for Gordon. He has had the best season this year than he has in a long time and he was looking good for it.

I am still going for Gordon, but am also realistic. If Gordon can't win it, then I want it to be Johnson or Edwards. Johnson is my second favorite...and Edwards is my fourth. So, if not Gordon, I am going for those two to win it.

yeah My favorite list driver myself are Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, Dale Earnhardt Jr as well for me.. My dad like jeff gordon as well.. I like original champion like winston past do you like better or just same since 2001 start? I been watching since 1989 as well.. I know few best drivers right now.. hope see happen next on Charolette night race is. :roll: Past Gordon and Tony had best champion but now not much not know why oh well.. hope better for 2012 to be. :)

Here is my list of favorites...Jeff Gordon will always be number one!, Jimmie Johnson my second favorite, Dale Jr my third favorite, and then Carl Edwards as my fourth favorite.

Am looking forward to Saturday night...love night racing. Charolette was once dubbed as Jimmie's house due to how good he use to be there. We'll see how good Saturday night to help his championship run.

Am looking forward 2012 with hope of a better finish that he will this year. Oh well. He's had a good year all around. Just got plagued with a load of bad luck once the chase started.

Read part of an article on NASCAR.com where Jeff Gordon says he thinks that the championship is really down to only three drivers now. Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, and Kevin Harvick. Which he is probably right...without Gordon in the mix, I am hoping either Johnson or Edwards will win it. But they were my picks after Sunday race when I had to face reality that Gordon will most likely not win it this year. In other words, before I read the article yesterday.

Though I wouldn't cut anyone out until after Talledega and Martinsville...but mainly Talledega. Talledega is a race where anyone can win and anyone can wreck. You don't know who'll win it until the last lap is over...you could have the top nine drivers wreck out in that one race alone. Talledega is high speed, high excitement...and unpredictable race. They will be racing at Talledega next weekend (I think...).

Here is the top ten starting positions of the Saturday night race:

1. Tony Stewart

2. Matt Kenseth

3. Carl Edwards

4. AJ Allmindinger

5. Greg Biffle

6. Ryan Newman

7. Paul Menard

8. Kasey Kahne

9. Jimmie Johnson

10. Trevor Bayne

Sprint Cup will be racing Saturday night at 7:30 PM ET on ABC. Y'all know I'll be watching - am looking forward to some Saturday night racing!!!!! Though am already off to a slow start in the race...Jr starts 15th and Jeff Gordon will start all the way back in the 23rd position. Refuse to give up hope on another win or two from Gordon this season. He may be out of the chase realistically, but as long as he is in the race, he has a shot at winning it!

And as always, I will write up a review after the race is over. . .am hoping for a better race to review than last week. :) They are Charolette where it was once named Jimmie's house due to how good he is at this track. Has been awhile since he has won here, but he is now running off momentum coming from his win last week. Will see if he can follow it with another win or how the chase points will look once the race is over. . .

I'll be watching, will you? :popcorn:

yeah I am going to watching night race tomorrow night and hope would who win to be.. So I been vote for kevin then Carl and last for Tony because I not sure if they will get lot points after end most laps they had and see happen after that. Yeah for Talledega's big problem for wreck overtime when near end of laps as well.. worst than Daytona or others... like that because sometime we call big one if not wreck it as last time we saw it before.. hope not so bad for next week.. to be... oh boy I hate... :p I hope for Tony need other win or not.. :)

Well the race at Charolette just got over and Matt Kenseth went on to get his third win of the season. Glad for Kenseth and all his fans...

The first 3/4th of the race was kinda long and not a whole lot happened. A few cautions for debri. Trevor Bayne, 2011 Daytona 500 winner, started tenth and had a fast car...but ran out of gas half way through and finished a couple of laps down.

Greg Biffle led a lot of laps until his pit crew didn't put on a lugnut and put him a lap down but he was able to come up with a decent finish.

Kyle Busch led a lot of laps until Matt Kenseth passed him with several laps to go.

Jeff Gordon had a dismal day today. He started 23rd place...stayed back there most of the day as he was unable to turn his car and pass people. With 45 or so laps to go, he was able to make into the 7th place during a caution. On restart, David Ragen went up the track to hit Kasey Kahne who went up and hit Gordon...Gordon went on to finish 21st spot. Now 11th in points - not a very happy fan tonight. Two bad races in a row for team 24...very frustrating and disappointing after the great season he has had this year. :(

Then if that wasn't bad enough, my second favorite driver, Jimmie Johnson with seven laps to go went to pass Ryan Newman when he went down on the track. He over compensated and went up the track and hit the wall HARD. It shook him up and his car was done for. Finished 34th and dropped five positions in points...

Jr finishes 19th...best Hendrick car finish since Martin had something break on his car and was in the garage for a lot of laps.

1. Matt Kenseth

2. Kyle Busch

3. Carl Edwards

4. Kasey Kahne

5. Marcos Ambros

6. Kevin Harvick

7. AJ Allmindinger

8. Tony Stewart

9. Denny Hamlin

10. Ryan Newman

We got five races left of the chase...and of the season. So sad to see the season come to an end and am already looking forward to Daytona 500 in 2012! Talledega will be next Sunday...where anything can happen to anyone!

yeah bad for Jeff Gordon and Jimmie but okay for Tony's sat night so here list standing point now:

1 Carl Edwards 2203

2 -- Kevin Harvick 2198

3 +2 Matt Kenseth 2196

4 +4 Kyle Busch 2185

5 +2 Tony Stewart 2179

6 -2 Brad Keselowski 2178

7 -1 Kurt Busch 2176

8 -5 Jimmie Johnson 2168

9 -- Dale Earnhardt Jr.2143

10 +1 Ryan Newman 2142

11 -1 Jeff Gordon 2137

12 -- Denny Hamlin 2117

as for current points standing as well.. hope not bad for next sunday to be.. oh boy. I like Matt, Carl and Dale Jr and Tony my list.. I hope for Carl keep next week leader.. for me. I know Matt from Wisconsin but my uncle and aunt and cousin from Wisc too.. but this town he from that my dad not know know where and never there before because they live more north than my family is south on near Delavan and East Troy and Lake Geneva... as well..

good race night as well.. :)

Well the Sprint Cup boys are going to Talledega this Sunday afternoon at 2:00 EST...a track that is fast and very unpredictable. A track known to produce the big one that could take out half the field if the drivers aren't lucky. Just ask Carl Edwards how fast and dangerous Talledega could be...

Gotta love Carl Edwards...was so glad that he was OK after it - loved seeing him run across the start finish line afterwards. Felt bad for Edwards and glad teh catch fense was there - though people in the stands did get hurt.

Hopefully we will not see that or anything like that this Sunday...after Dan Wheldon's fateful accident, we don't need to see another scary one like that.

Qualifying will be held Saturday so don't know the starting line up as of yet. Gordon and Jr hold the record for the most wins...Gordon with six and Jr with five. :) Am hoping Gordon will earn another victory Sunday - after the last two races, he is very well in need of it!

Here is the top ten starting positions for Talledega's tomorrow' race:

1. Mark Martin

2. Jimmie Johnson

3. Clint Bowyer

4. Trevor Bayne

5. Jeff Gordon

6. Dale Earnhardt Jr

7. Paul Menard

8. David Ragen

9. Carl Edwards

10. Ryan Newman

Am very happy with the starting positions of all Hendrick drivers and for Carl Edwards. All in the top ten. But with how unpredictable Talledega race is, am sure the top ten finishing drivers will look a lot different than the start. :) Though am hoping I will like the finishing grid just as much as the starting gird. LET'S GO JEFF GORDON...LET ALL HAVE A SAFE AND FUN RACE!!! Am really looking forward to the drop of the checkered flag! :popcorn:

yeah I am going to watching this race this sunday and hope good racing to be.. :roll: and also I hope for Carl's still leader of point chase what I vote for. they need win better as Matt, Kevin, others for this sunday. Nice see Mark's first pole win at time. Mark's might change # and team next year or retired not sure about that yet for 2012 for Mark. I hope who will win tomorrow afternoon. :)

it pretty good race and glad to see Clint Bowyer win this time so close to Jeff Burton's to victory..So here points follow up now here is:

http://www.nascar.com/news/111023/cbowyer-wins-talladega/index.html

1 . -- Carl Edwards 2237 Leader

2 . +1 Matt Kenseth 2223 -14

3 . +3 Brad Keselowski 2219 -18

4 . +1 Tony Stewart 2218 -19

5 . -3 Kevin Harvick 2211 -26

6 . -2 Kyle Busch 2197 -40

7 . +1 Jimmie Johnson 2187 -50

8 . -1 Kurt Busch 2185 -52

9 . -- Dale Earnhardt Jr 2163 -74

10 . +1 Jeff Gordon 2155 -82

11 . +1 Denny Hamlin 2153 -84

12 . -2 Ryan Newman 2149 -88

as for now.. what you think of draft 2 cars same as did last time in spring race? :confused: what you think.. not bad for me to see it first time for this year unlike last year had. wow nice to see how they doing pretty well.. few wreck not bad unlike last time in spring had.

thanks enjoy :)

Sorry that I hadn't reviewed the race afterwards...didn't have time to once the race ended I was out the door and was too tired to come online once I came home. So here I am writing it a day late...hope y'all don't mind.

Talledega and Daytona use to be two of my favorite tracks and despite how much I try to like the "new" style of restrictor plate races...I hate it. One lap he could be the last car on the track, the next lap he's leading the field. And it isn't like last week where Kyle Busch started way in the back due to switching an engine and went on to lead some laps...he did that by talent and hard work. Talledega, it's the luck of the draw so to speak. Just so frustrating. Look at Gordon for example...he waited in the back all race long to avoid the big one then at the end made his way forward only for Mark Martin (his racing buddy) to get wrecked...Trevor Bayne said he'd take him on since Gordon helped him win at Daytona and for some reason or another (I don't know why at the moment) Bayne left Gordon. Gordon went from within the top ten with just a few laps remaining to come home 27th. (Just read on JG website that Trevor came to him afterwards and told him someone told him to back off (by what it sounds like, that it all had to deal with Gordon driving a Chevy and not a Ford like Bayne)...but have to agree with Gordon, it should have been told to Gordon over the radio and not after the race. Should have been dealt differently than what it was.)

Tony Stewart led a lot of laps which took awhile for him to get there, but once he did, he was there for some time. He lost his racing partner, Ryan Newman in a wreck.

There was plenty of wrecks...Bobby Labonte got spun out only for Kurt Busch to hit him hard. Announcers said that Kurt had no where to go, but Labonte wasn't even in Busch's line that he was driving...Busch had to go down a line to hit Labonte, he stayed in line would probably would have clipped Labonte's front bumper. Even if he couldn't stay in line, my opinion, Busch had plenty of time to brake. From what I saw, he didn't look to have braked at all for the spin.

Mark Martin got wrecked that took out Ragen Smith...hard. Luckily everyone was OK. As I said Ryan Newman was involved in an accident as was Kevin Harvick. But at the moment am not really recalling what exactly happend. Do know that when Harvick came back on track, his car was smoking. I said outloud that NASCAR needed to park him or something...a couple laps later, the flag person (would love to have that job!!!!!!) waved a flag and the announcers said that the flag meant that NASCAR was no longer scoring Kevin Harvick. Which found that kinda ironic...finally NASCAR listened to me:rofl:. Am not a big Harvick fan so did find it funny...he finished only a handful of laps behind, so it did not take them very long to fix it anyway.

Kyle Busch wrecked and was out for a long time as well...think him and Harvick may have wrecked. Could be wrong about that. Once again, I apologize for not writing this last night when my memory would have been more keen...as of now, my memory only serves me to remind me how horrible Gordon was dealt with yesterday afternoon.

Jimmie Johnson saved himself pretty good as well...two drivers got into each other and scraped Johnson's car. He finished far back with Gordon and Junior, but he managed to save his car.

The end was kinda exciting...Jeff Burton has had a horrible year this year. He was in the chase last year and he was no where near making it this year. Despite him and Gordon throwing a few punches last fall at Texas, Burton is a great guy and hate to see him get dealt with such horrible luck that he has been dealt with this year. With that said, at the closing laps, he took the lead with his teammate Clint Bowyer pushing him. At the end, looked like he was getting the win that he deserves and needs so much, only for Bowyer to pass him at the last second and steal the win from him. Was upset for him at the end of the race, but as Gordon pointed out, any racer would have done that to their own team mate to get the win. Still very heartening for Burton though...

Here is the top ten finishing order:

1. Clint Boywer

2. Jeff Burton

3. Dave Blaney

4. Brad Keselowski

5. Brian Vickers

6. Kasey Kahne

7. Tony Stewart

8. Denny Hamlin

9. Michael Waltrip

10. Martin Truex Jr

I am glad the wild card race is all over for the chase and am looking forward to go short track racing next Sunday at Martinsville...where I hope my drivers will at least have a top ten finish. All I have to say about Talledega is that it was a frustrating race to watch once it was all said and over with - though Gordon did manage to move up a position in points. :)

Well the race is currently going on at Martinsville and we just passed a hundred miles out of a 500 lap race. Been pretty action packed with Junior causing the first wreck on the seventh lap that collected Jeff Gordon...both are now in the top ten. Brian Vickers had bee spun around in the first three accidents...and now Brian Vickers just spun McMurray hard into the wall. McMurray came back and hit Vickers in the door...well tried to at least after losing his battery on the track. We are now under caution for that accident...it is on channel ESPN if y'all are wanting to catch the rest of the race. Glad to see Gordon back in the top ten after the wreck...lot of accidents so far and am sure there are more to come. Am watching it on TV and on Race Buddy right now as well...