My Duke's Actors wish list

Gray Rider

This probably has been talked about a lot on other threads, but the following I believe should be on a Duke's Movie or even a new Duke's series:

Uncle Jesse: Charlie Daniels instead of Willie Nelson

Boss Hogg: Danny Devito

Daisy Duke: Still looking but the young lady on the Beginning Movie has

promise.

The Balladeer: Shooter Jennings

Not sure on the others as of yet, but Charlie Daniels would be great. He could even do a reunion movie with the original cast as one of Jesse's brothers. Just a thought. What do yall think?

I don't really like the thought of a new Dukes series but you have some great ideas.

Charlie Daniels is my all-time favorite singer and he's the only person on the face of this planet that I personally would accept as a substitute to Denver Pyle.

Obviousely he wouldn't be interested but I do love the thought.

By the way, my favorite CDB songs are "Simple Man" and "What This World Needs is a Few More Rednecks."

I don't really like the thought of a new Dukes series but you have some great ideas.

Charlie Daniels is my all-time favorite singer and he's the only person on the face of this planet that I personally would accept as a substitute to Denver Pyle.

Obviousely he wouldn't be interested but I do love the thought.

By the way, my favorite CDB songs are "Simple Man" and "What This World Needs is a Few More Rednecks."

I'm with you, Roger. Charlie would make an excellent Uncle Jesse. AND Simple Man is one of my favorite CDB songs as well.

"You better watch where you're going, remember where ya been. That's the way I see it, I'm a simple man."

I was raised on beans and cornbread too. ROFL.

I love the photo of Charlie Daniels as Uncle Jesse. I also like the idea of Lady Antebellum as the cousins. I would watch. I believe that it would be a more family oriented show or movie again with these playing the parts. The main problem with the other movies are the ones who produced it. They were trying to do a more updated version and screwed up. I am just glad that Denver Pyle was gone and did not have to witness what they did to his character and his show. I like Willie Nelson but not as Uncle Jesse. The dope smoking scene ticked me off as well as the foul language and dirty jokes.

I just found out at my brother's 59th birthday, that when he was chief pilot at Hardees, he was asked by a representative of Charlie Daniels to become the new pilot for Charlie and his band. That was years ago back when Charlie was heavy into the Marijuana and drinking scene. My brother is a Christian and did not feel that he could work around that kind of lifestyle. It is still cool that he was asked. I am a big Charlie Daniels fan. My brother went from Hardees foods to flying crop dusters and then back to jets with a local oil company, Eagle Transport, with Don Stallings Oil Company.

• 4 months later...

While, like Roger, I'm dubious of a new series, I thought I throw another name into the ring for Uncle Jesse's part. That man is the musician Seasick Steve. Ok, he's more of a bluesman than country, but here's some of the reasons I think he might work:

1) He already has the white beard and wears plaid shirts, bib and braces and John Deere caps.

2) Although he's originally from California, he spent some time living around the Mississippi and Tennessee area.

3) Success came to him late in life, and one of things he bought was a tractor - he says he's not into farming, but enjoys plowing.

4) He's a really down-to-earth guy, and I can't find a bad word written about him.

I think most of his success has been in Europe, and I'm not sure how well known he is in the US, so here's a couple of interviews with him. Both feature different custom-made guitars he uses that were created from very unusual objects:

Seasick Steve on Top Gear

Finally, the man can play. Here's the performance that got him noticed. The song was also the title of his first successful album - "I started out with nothin', and I still got most of it left":

• 6 months later...
This probably has been talked about a lot on other threads, but the following I believe should be on a Duke's Movie or even a new Duke's series:

Uncle Jesse: Charlie Daniels instead of Willie Nelson

Boss Hogg: Danny Devito

Daisy Duke: Still looking but the young lady on the Beginning Movie has

promise.

The Balladeer: Shooter Jennings

Not sure on the others as of yet, but Charlie Daniels would be great. He could even do a reunion movie with the original cast as one of Jesse's brothers. Just a thought. What do yall think?

I had this same cast in mind way back in 1997. I haven't really ever comer up with a good Bo & Luke (although neither did WB when they made the movie) but now I would cast Tom Welling as Luke.

19.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I had this same cast in mind way back in 1997. I haven't really ever comer up with a good Bo & Luke (although neither did WB when they made the movie) but now I would cast Tom Welling as Luke.

19.jpg

I totally have to agree with you! Tom Welling as Luke would be awesome! I could almost see Ashton Butcher as Bo. But nobody will ever be able to replace the originals.