Miz Tisdale's Cab

HossC

This one's been on the back burner for a while. It's Miz Tisdale's Checker cab from 'The Hack of Hazzard'. IMCDb lists it as a 1971 model. I've helped Bo and Luke out by removing the rust/primer and replacing the emblem on the hood - to be honest I had enough of rust and primer on Swamp Molly's pickup :). The only other disclaimer is the poster on the trunk. Despite watching the episode over and over I couldn't make out the small text. I'm sure the top line is correct, and I'm fairly sure the line under 'Funeral Home' isn't 'Hazzard', but I just couldn't read it. If anyone knows the correct text I'll alter it (it may have been in another episode on a billboard destroyed by Rosco).

I'm not sure which vehicle to do next. I can't promise requests, but I'm happy to take suggestions.

TisdaleCab1.jpg

TisdaleCab2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
The only other disclaimer is the poster on the trunk. Despite watching the episode over and over I couldn't make out the small text. I'm sure the top line is correct, and I'm fairly sure the line under 'Funeral Home' isn't 'Hazzard', but I just couldn't read it. If anyone knows the correct text I'll alter it.

Whilst looking through the episode again for a different screengrab I realised there was a short scene I'd missed originally. I think the unknown text reads 'SUGGESTS'. The image below shows the original grab, a color-tweaked and sharpened version, and how it would look it my version:

CheckerSign.jpg

• 10 years later...
On 1/27/2011 at 12:05 AM, RogerDuke said:

There's a line from "Money to Burn" on season 1 where Waylon mentions that folks are born in Boss's hospital and are buried in his cemetary. Waylon mentions something about Boss's "cradle to grave plan". I'm not sure exactly how he words it but your last post reminded me of that Garrett. LOL

Cousin Roger... WJ:"The Hazzard Coffin Works. It was part of Boss's cradle to the grave social security plan for himself. Most Hazzard babies were born in Boss's hospital. They grew up and financed their homes and cars at Boss's bank. And in the end, they were laid to rest in one of Boss's caskets. After being overcharged every step along the way."