NFL Playoffs

Meadowmufn

I am a huge NFL fan and I must say this is been one of the more unpredictable seasons in a long time. The NFL wanted parity and they have gotten that. The Seattle win last week was one of the best upsets in a long time.

My picks and thoughts for this weekend:

Pittsburgh over Baltimore- This has become as good of a rivalry as any in the league. It comes down to the fact that though Baltimore's defense is usually stellar, they just don't score many points. The Steelers are used to the Ravens still of play and though it will likely be low scoring, Pittsburgh has more offense than Baltimore has defense.

Chicago over Seattle-I am actually rooting for the Green Bay Packers in the playoffs because my Titans didn't make it, but if the Packers aren't going to win it, I am rooting for Seattle. Last week was a tremendous upset and I loved the emotion of the game. There was at atmosphere you don't always seem to get at the pro level these days (though I love the NFL) and the upset just felt good. However, it is hard for me to envision Seattle being able to repeat that two weeks in a row.

Green Bay over Chicago-this is potentially the best game of the four because it could go either way. Green Bay found a running game last week with Starks. This week the Bears will be prepared for that so the Packers will need something new. I am believer in Aaron Rodgers and thought it was ridiculous last week when they were claiming for him to be an upper elite quarterback he needed to win a playoff game. This is only his third year to start, the Packers were rebuilding his first year, and last season he threw for over 400 yards. It wasn't his fault they gave up over 50 points to the Cardinals. My only concern is despite having some good receivers as a whole, they seem to drop a lot of passes in key moments. Jay Cutler is streaky. I think the Packers will pressure him but if he is in one of his "zone" moments he is capable of having those games where he can light you up.

New England over New York-I would love to see the Jets win this one, but it isn't going to happen. The Colts gave the game to the Jets last week. Tom Brady can light it up in any enviornment and I just don't think the Jets can match points with them. I think Sanchez has potential but he is still a year or two away from being able to win on his own. The only hope is for them to run the ball VERY WELL against New England and keeping Brady off the field like they did Peyton Manning. The Pats defense is better than the Colts defense so it is hard seeing that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Spoiler for any who haven't finished the Steelers/Ravens game and for those who have not even began the Packers/Falcons game*

OMG!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!! They are going to the AFC championship game!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!

Now, did any one see the awesome last minute of the second quarter of the Packers/Falcons game? Wow, to answer with 2 touchdowns in less than one minute!!! I really hope the Falcons can come back in the 2nd quarter.

I know, I am breezing through the game (oh the wonders of TiVo) and right now its 35 - 14. The Falcons seemed to have checked out. I really hope not. I remember the last time they went to the Super Bowl; it was around 1999 and they played the Broncos against John Elway. I would love to see them go, but I believe its going to be the Packers.

I'm not going to get my Steelers-Falcons Super Bowl match up. Now I'm hoping for a Steelers-Seahawks match up.

It was no surprise that the Steelers-Ravens game was close but I was shocked the Packers beat the Falcons up so bad...ouch. I feel bad for all the good folks of north Georgia.

Well Roger...for your sake I am sorry (Though not too sorry since you went againgst my Bears...)that you are not to earn either of your wishes. Even though your team did win...so you should be happy.

BEARS WIN! GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!

Now it will be Bears against the Packers at Soldiers Field in Chicago next Sunday!

Garrett,COL I'm glad your Bears are still in the running. I was rooting for them while watching the game. They played a fantastic game and I hope they beat the Packers next weekend!

Thank-you! It was a great game...I am still excited about today's game as well as next week. I agree...I really hope they will beat the Packers next weekend!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!

I am now hoping for Bears VS NY Jets Super Bowl game in February. (Sorry Roger. Know you were at least hoping for the Steelers, but Shonn Greene is from Iowa so I have to go for his team. At least until he plays against the Bears...)

Edited by Garrett Duke

Lemme just say this about all that.

The real Super Bowl is the Packers-Bears playoff matchup itself. It's the oldest rivalry in football, if not in all of professional sports. Both teams know each other extremely well. Heck, the fans of each side know each other very well. Generations of hate, for hate's sake, has no better example.

It'll come down to big defensive plays. Both teams have a dangerous offense.

I believe the Packers have the better quarterback and of course I'm rooting for the Packers. It's gonna be a hard-hitting game tho'.

On an aside, I'm amazed the Jets won. Wow, what a turnaround for that franchise from just a few years ago.

On an aside, I'm amazed the Jets won. Wow, what a turnaround for that franchise from just a few years ago.

Amazed? You haven't been watching them lately, have ya? I knew this was going to be a good game and the Pats didn't have it sewn up. Everybody thought that since the Pats whooped the Jets in their last showdown that it was a done deal. They forget that the Jets have beaten the Pats 3 out of 5 times with Sanchez as QB and 4 of the last 6 games. These Jets are not the Jets of 4 years ago. Jets lead this rivalry 51 to 49.

The Packers, however, are 9 games behind the Bears in their rivalry. I do think that they'll stomp all over the Bears next week though.

Amazed? You haven't been watching them lately, have ya? I knew this was going to be a good game and the Pats didn't have it sewn up. Everybody thought that since the Pats whooped the Jets in their last showdown that it was a done deal. They forget that the Jets have beaten the Pats 3 out of 5 times with Sanchez as QB and 4 of the last 6 games. These Jets are not the Jets of 4 years ago. Jets lead this rivalry 51 to 49.

Heck no, I wouldn't be aware of any of that in the slightest. I'm a Packers fan, ya know.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Packers/Jets matchup for the SB, but I'm guessing the Steelers will come out on top of the next playoff round.

Heck no, I wouldn't be aware of any of that in the slightest. I'm a Packers fan, ya know.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Packers/Jets matchup for the SB, but I'm guessing the Steelers will come out on top of the next playoff round.

Don't count the Jets out yet! They did beat the top team (Pats) twice this season.

Just a warning to Garrett and all you Bears fans out there....

I was hoping for a Steelers-Falcons Super Bowl and the Falcons lost.

Then I was hoping for a Steelers-Seahawks Super Bowl and the Seahawks lost.

I'm now hoping for a Steelers-Bears Super Bowl......

Does anybody see a trend here?

The Bears are doomed against the Packers. I have officially jinxed them.

I would be more than happy with a Bears against the Steelers for the Super Bowl. The only team I really care about, is the Bears. So as long as they make it, I'll be very excited!

But first thing's first...Bears VS Packers. Should be a good match up. Their last game together showed me that they are pretty well matched up and every point will be well earned. I am excited and nervous about the game. I agree...the Bears vs Packers will be bigger than the Super Bowl. It should make for a great game. . .

My bad!:lol: I meant to put my prediction of Green Bay over Atlanta in my last post. Maybe I just had a premonition. Atlanta is a team on the rise and I think they have a winner in Matt Ryan but are still a year or two away. Their owner Arthur Blanks seems serious about building a winner and it's good to see Atlanta supporting the Falcons so strongly. Atlanta (no offense to anyone) has always been such a frontrunning town. It also amazed me that even when the Braves were dominating every year how few games they sold out, and the Hawks get no support at all.

Anyway, my prediction for the Championship games:

Green Bay over Chicago-Sometimes it isn't about who is the best team overall but who is the hottest. The Packers are on a roll and have a more explosive offense. You have two good defenses battling each other but I think Green Bay can outscore them.

Pittsburgh over the NY Jets-I am going to keep running my mouth about the Jets and they are going to end up winning the Superbowl with my luck, lol. The Jets play hard and are more than capable of giving Pittsburgh trouble, but though people want to talk about Tom Brady and Peyton Manning (who are both great quarterbacks), you can make a solid argument that Big Ben is the most clutch quarterback in the league. The guy already has two titles and I could see Pittsburgh easily winning another.

Congrats to Brian and all the other Packer fans...bet y'all are excited to be off to the Super Bowl. Best of luck to them. (Packers won 21 - 14 over the Bears) Despite my Bears' loss :(, it was a good game; though I would have liked to see 'em win. (I guess I'll use my annual Cubs logo...next year will be our year. ;)

Now everyone has to wait to see who wins the Steelers and Jets game to see who will be playing the Packers in the Super Bowl.

As for me...I have 27 more days until I will be watching Jeff Gordon vs the rest of the driving field at Daytona 500. NASCAR's Super Bowl race! :popcorn::D