NFL Playoffs

Meadowmufn

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meadowmufn - I just saw that on Yahoo! That the Seahawks beat the Saints after people saying they were undeserving of the playoffs. Guess your beloved Seahawks proved them wrong! :) Congratulations on their win!

This is the first year that I have really gotten into football. I have tried in the past, but could never understand it. I still don't understand a lot of things with it, but am excited about it all the same. I think now that I found a team to follow and know their players and have watched a few games, I have found interest in football. (I may enjoy football now, but don't plan it passing baseball and NASCAR as my favorite sports...LOL)

With that said...being a huge Chicago Cubs fan, I have went with the Chicago Bears to be my favorite football team.

I will have to wait another week before my beloved Chicago Bears play their playoff game to watch it. Guess I could always watch the Green Bay game tomorrow if I felt the need to watch a football game, but figure I'll just stick with my Bears for now. I am excited they made it this far (especially after the poor season the Cubs had in baseball...) and am really hoping for a win next week. GO BEARS!!!

Go Seahawks! I saw the last quarter and a half of that game. I thought Seattle was going to blow that nice lead. It's awesome the Seahawks were able to beat the champs. After all, Seattle only had 7 wins and the Saints had 11. I bet the folks in N.O. are mad that Seattle got to host but, oh well, being division champ does have it's advantages.

My favorite team is the Steelers. I starting liking them when I was little. That was before they ever won their first Super Bowl. I know a lot of folks hate them (and I'm certainly not going to defend their quarterback's personal life) but I think most successful teams are hated because folks are jealous.

Go Steelers!!!

By the way, although the Steelers are my favorite team I also have a fave in each division. I've had a good year. I have five teams in the playoffs....Steelers, Seahawks, Eagles, Colts and Falcons. If they face each other in the playoffs I have them rated in order of overall favorites. That goes Steelers, Eagles, Falcons, Seahawks and Colts.

Meadowmufn, it looks like your SeaHawks may be playing at Soldier Field next week against the Bears depending on if the Eagles loses the game tomorrow against Green Bay. If the Eagles win, they will be playing the Bears.

Guess I will be hoping the Eagles win tomorrow's game...would hate to be going against your team, Meadowmufn, but I'd have to root for the Bears. :escape: Plus, Green Bay being the Bears main rival, I'd hope the Eagles to win anyway. ;)

Jets won too! Buford is happy. Very, very happy at my house tonight.

Sorry folks, not a Steelers fan. Still miffed at the refs for blowing so many calls and giving them the Super Bowl over my Seahawks. The Seahawks were the better team that year, hands down.

My first love was the Rams, back when they were in LA. Also a Chargers fan. I'm hoping to see them both in the playoffs next year.

I have no illusions of the Seahawks making it to the Super Bowl (though, I'll root for them if by some miracle they get there). I'm hoping the Jets go all the way. Actually, I'll root for anyone left except for the Patriots, Eagles (can't stand Vick), or Steelers. LOL.

Well I am a cowboys fan always have been cant stand the steelers no offense Roger but the main reason is Ben since we are both from the same area ever since he made it to the league and drafted by the steelers the steelers fans seem to have come out of the woodwork I mean if he wasnt so stupid He is a really good qb and athlete I believe in second chances but come on now as for the rest of the team Polamalu or however you spell has to be the best saftey in the league. I cant root for the eagles because they are in our division so I am going to go with New England I think Tom Brady is the best qb in the league

For anybody who doesn't have a dog in this hunt ( GO PACKERS!) you can root for (GREEN BAY PACKERS!) or the Atlanta Falcons as that's who the Dukes would probably cheer for. (Right, the Packers!)

Atlanta should take all that snow they just got, as an ominous sign.

On an aside, I think Cooter was the only one on the show who gave a hoot about professional sports. At least he had an Atlanta Falcons cap.

Aw jeeze, wake up over there, will ya?!

And nevahmind about the Falcons being in the playoffs, just remember that the Packers are in the playoffs.

There. Yer up to date! :D

Forget about the Packers. All you need to remember is that the Seahawks are in the playoffs.

7-9? So what! We're makin' history here! :lol: (Make that 8-9 now.)

MaryAnne, not only are the Falcons in the playoffs, they have the best record in the NFC so they get to host all the NFC playoff games they're in.

Brian, you're right about the folks in Hazzard being Atlanta fans. With the exception of Cooter's hat it wasn't mentioned but I can't imagine them liking any other teams.....except maybe teams from Pittsburgh. I mean, picturing any of them as Packers or Bears fans is simply unimaginable.

The writers of the show simply had too much class to allow that to happen.

Okay, so I am just joining this, but I am so excited that the Steelers are back in the play offs! Honestly, I would love to see the Steelers vs Falcons at the Superbowl, mainly because Steelers are my favorite team and I lived in Atlanta, so I would love to see the Falcons back in the Superbowl again. Although the Jets and Patriots game is going to be cool! I am totally a football girl. I grew up in Dolphin country...my dad was a huge fan. Now, my dad, my brother and I are all Steelers fans. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Steelers-Falcons would be a dream match up for me too waikiki.

The Ravens and Patriots are going into the playoffs riding a wave so Pittsburgh has their work cut out for them. I hope the Jets beat the Patriots. It would be nice if the Steelers could play the next two games in Pittsburgh. If New England and Pittsburgh win, the Steelers have to travel....ugh!

Here are my picks for next week. They have nothing to do with who I THINK is gonna win, but who I WANT to win...

Ravens beat Steelers

Jets beat Patriots

Packers beat Falcons

Seahawks beat Bears

Then the Seahawks beat the Packers to get into the Super Bowl against the Jets. Then, we'll have a situation where the team I'm rooting for can't possibly lose! LOL.

Here's who I WANT to win.

Steelers beat Ravens

Falcons beat Packers

Seahawks beat Bears

Jets beat Patriots

Sorry Garrett, the 7-win Seahawks are just too amazing to not like.

(well, 8 wins counting the Saints victory)

I'll admit the Falcons are gonna be hard to beat, but not impossible. Here's my picks for winners:

Steelers

Packers

Bears (yuck! But I think they'll win...)

Patriots