Guests in Hazzard turn into big names.

I was thinking about this the other day, watching one of the episodes... and to be honest, I wasn't paying attention to which season it was from.

But when I was a kid, I used to watch Saved By The Bell. For those of us who have seen or remember the show, you'll note that the actor who played the principal of the school, Dennis Haskins, was also an actor on the Dukes of Hazzard. He played one of the bad guys in one, or a few episodes.. I can't recall if he only appeared once or multiple times.

I just found it cool how he turned into a big name actor after a small stint with the Dukes (although I'm sure he obviously had to work his way up even after the Dukes). It's just neat to see people who have made it in their career show up on the Dukes of Hazzard, displaying their small roles prior to having a recurring character in another series.

Can anyone else recall any actors or actresses that have appeared in the Dukes of Hazzard in a small role, who have later played a major part in a series?

I was thinking about this the other day, watching one of the episodes... and to be honest, I wasn't paying attention to which season it was from.

But when I was a kid, I used to watch Saved By The Bell. For those of us who have seen or remember the show, you'll note that the actor who played the principal of the school, Dennis Haskins, was also an actor on the Dukes of Hazzard. He played one of the bad guys in one, or a few episodes.. I can't recall if he only appeared once or multiple times.

I just found it cool how he turned into a big name actor after a small stint with the Dukes (although I'm sure he obviously had to work his way up even after the Dukes). It's just neat to see people who have made it in their career show up on the Dukes of Hazzard, displaying their small roles prior to having a recurring character in another series.

Can anyone else recall any actors or actresses that have appeared in the Dukes of Hazzard in a small role, who have later played a major part in a series?

I believe Dennis Haskins was one of Jimmie's students, either at the time or prior to his stint on Dukes.

I've wondered that myself. I don't think anybody on the Dukes (besides the regular cast members) ever went on to be big enough that they could be called a megastar.

Hoss is currently doing questions about this on the trivia thread. Keep an eye on that.

I'll go and check the trivia now, Rog, thank you!

And Meadow, I had NO idea that Dennis was one of Jimmie's students! (or at least thought to be). Could we confirm this at all?

That's so neat though! You learn something new every day, especially in Hazzard :)

Thank you so much for sharing that neat little tidbit. That's truly interesting.

I'll go and check the trivia now, Rog, thank you!

And Meadow, I had NO idea that Dennis was one of Jimmie's students! (or at least thought to be). Could we confirm this at all?

That's so neat though! You learn something new every day, especially in Hazzard :)

Thank you so much for sharing that neat little tidbit. That's truly interesting.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned it to me once. A lot of up and coming actors as well as established actors attended his camera technique school. I think Burt Reynolds did.

I definitely have checked it out :) It's all interesting stuff!

I guess I just found it cool watching shows as a kid (mind you, I started watching the Dukes when I was only 9 years old), but then seeing these big name actors in smaller roles in the Dukes of Hazzard. Dennis Haskins was the only person I found in the show at the time that I could remember seeing as a prominent role in another TV show.. It was just nostalgic in a way. I remember watching the episode that Dennis was in and going "Holy crap! Its the principal from Saved By The Bell!"