Great Actor

LucasDucas

I have often contended that Sorrell Booke and James Best may be the most underrated comedic team in the history of television. Some of Sorrell's facial expressions and comments to Rosco are classic material. What many people fail to realize is one, Sorrell wore padded suits throughout the show and could speak five languages. He was every bit as important to the show as Tom, Cathy, and John were. A terrific actor that doesn't get nearly the credit he richly deserves.

Ol' Boss n' Rosco could've had their own show. The comedic timing between Sorrell and Jimmie was always right-on. I got so used to it on the original series that I almost took it for granted, but then when I got "The Dukes" cartoon and they ran away with the show on their vocals alone, I was reminded of their clever ad-libs and timing.

The Dukes of Hazzard gets knocked around by critics to this day, but the caliber of the cast was second to none. The loyalty of the fans speaks volumes for the show's enduring, multi-generational appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

That is why I seldom agree with the critics. Not everything has to be Shakespeare. If I am watching an Adam Sandler film I basically know what I am getting. It might not always have some great life changing statement to make but there is a place for good, fun television and there is a place for more serious themed shows as well. The Dukes were a family show that was a cross between a rural comedy (almost Andy Griffith like) and an action/adventure show. What is great about the Dukes is adults could watch it and be entertained, yet it was safe for children to watch as well. Not many shows can find that balance.

In terms of acting skills, some people might not know or overlook the fact that the older cast in particular did a ton of things before the Dukes. Sorrell Booke was a great actor and James Best did a ton of things as well. Denver Pyle was arguably the best known of the three and all three had great acting pedigrees.

Considering John has gone on to do a lot of other television work, and Tom is considered one of the best performers on Broadway apparently someone things Bo and Luke went on to become pretty good actors as well.

I tend to think most tv and movie critics are pretentious poopheads who are out of touch. I said that as nicely as I could. LOL.

If all entertainment was Shakespeare, I'd be pretty bored because I like car chases, gun fights, and explosions. As far as I can recall, Shakespeare had none of those. LOL. Otherwise, I'm sure I would've read more Shakespeare...

Sorrell and Jimmie DEFINITELY are the best team around. I don't think that any other actor on this earth right now could have played a better Boss Hogg than Sorrell (God rest his soul).

There are just so many things that made Boss Hogg who he was because of Sorrell and his absolutely fantastic acting ability, and just the overall way he caried himself on the Dukes of Hazzard.