R.I.P. Dale The Bold

Meadowmufn

I just heard that we lost a member of the Dukes community. HazzardNet member Dale The Bold passed away on Sunday. Folks all across CyberHazzard loved Dale's sense of humor and the contributions he made to the fandom. Some of you might not have had a chance to get to know him here, as he's been absent for some time. He'd been fighting cancer the last few years. I think it's fitting to share the last post he made here. It shows the creativity, humor, and talent Dale possessed.

You'll be missed, Dale.

http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5577

Dale was truly the King of All Message Boards. He had a razor-sharp wit and a keen intelligence. Yet he was one of the most compassionate people you could ever hope to know.

He didn't suffer fools, but he would turn the other cheek and give people a second chance if they deserved one.

I'm still in shock. I had a few conversations with Dale over the years, we had a few things in common that we would yap about. But mostly I knew him as everybody did. As a fellow Dukes fan. One who was passionate about the online community and about the real-life friendships that formed in it.

I'll admit here and now...I didn't know he was sick. I was tuned out myself for much of the past year. I had no idea. Now he's gone.

Nothing I could say about Dale, would equal the legacy left by his own words, antics, and friendships around cyberHazzard. I never thought goodbye would come this soon.