RIP Ron Santo

Garrett Duke

Ron Santo died yesterday at the age of seventy due to bladder cancer. Ron played his entire professional baseball career with the Chicago Cubs and was the radio announcer for the Cubs games after that. Of all that I had heard of him, he was a great baseball player and seemed to be a great guy all together. He will be deeply missed in Chicago and all of the Cubs fans.

(This is just not a good year to be a Cubs fan. Don't know if there are any other Cubs fans on the board, but not only did they have a horrible season, in my opinion, they also traded some very valuable Cubs players during the Cubs season (especially Derek Lee...never underst and why they traded him for...). If that wasn't enough, they didn't hire Ryne Sandberg (my all time favorite baseball player) to be their manager and he is no longer in the Cubs organization. And now we have lost an all time great ball player in Ron Santo. Very sad.) Sorry y'all...I just had to vent for a moment.

May Ron's soul rest in peace. Him and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers as they deal with this difficult time.