Hip Hop Rosco

I don't really know anything about music except older country but today I just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and had to listen to some kind of rap-hip-hop type music. I don't really know any of those singers but my jaw dropped at what I heard.

The song mentioned Rosco P Coltrane!

I had the person replay it because I thought I was hearing things but sure enough, our favorite sheriff was mentioned.

The CD was MTV party mix.....volume 4.

The song was "they want efx"

The artist was dar efx.

dar efx is now officially my favorite hip hop artist.

I'm not burning any of my Waylon CDs though.

MC Roger in tha house.

I do listen to some rap/hip-hip, but I'd never come across this duo.

dates back to 1992. One of the emcees, Skoob (aka Books) is celebrating his 40th birthday today, 27/11/10 - talk about starting a trend :).

The lyric is:

With a yippedy zippedy Winnie the Pooh bad boy blue

Yo crazy got the gusto, what up, I swing that too

So nincompoop give a hoot and stomp a troop without a strain

Like Roscoe B. Coltrane [sic]

They sure don't write 'em like they used to.

Rosco also gets a mention in the Westwood Freestyle 2010 event with Eminem featuring Mr. Porter and Royce da 5'9". It is on YouTube, but I'm not linking to it due to the bad language - who'd have thought it, bad language in a rap song :).

Of course the recent single

by Katy Perry features rapper Snoop Dogg and includes a Dukes reference in the chorus:

California girls

We're unforgettable

Daisy Dukes

Bikinis on top

I'd sit down before you watch the video, Roger - I don't want your wife blaming me for your heart attack :).

So Roger, I hope you have fun this weekend, tinting your pickup windows, fitting over-sized rims with spinners and draping yourself in bling. Be sure to post the photos :).

So Roger, I hope you have fun this weekend, tinting your pickup windows, fitting over-sized rims with spinners and draping yourself in bling. Be sure to post the photos :).

Now that would be a sight! Definitely, post the photos Rog! :D

Come to think of it, ol' Roger never did confirm or deny about that tatoo, Hoss..... http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7993

MC Roger in tha house.

So Roger, I hope you have fun this weekend, draping yourself in bling. Be sure to post the photos :).

I guess it's true that there's no secrets on the internet. I can't believe you folks figured out those were my tatoos.

Thanks for the suggestion Hoss. My wife liked the idea of all that bling too so we took all the money we were going to spend on Christmas presents and bought some bling (we figured the grandchildren had enough stuff anyways).

Well, I had her take my picture and post it here so folks could see all that bling but the shinyness was so overwhelming the picture didn't turn out (I believe the technical term is "saturating the pixels")

Until we can figure out how to post the picture, just imagine Pa Beaudry with 300 gold chains around his neck and the sun shining so brightly off them that it blinds you.

Of course the recent single

by Katy Perry features rapper Snoop Dogg and includes a Dukes reference in the chorus:

California girls

We're unforgettable

Daisy Dukes

Bikinis on top

I'd sit down before you watch the video, Roger - I don't want your wife blaming me for your heart attack :).

OMG! I am loving this link! I love the pics Hoss and Meadowmufn! I love the song by Katy Perry! That is my favorite line to sing!

Wow Roger...I'm gone for just a few days and look at how much you change since I've been gone! Don't know if I'd have recognized ya with all that bling on without reading this thread...good thing I read it first, otherwise I might not have believed my eyes and thought I was imagining things for the worse!

PS: Always knew you were a true dedicated Duke fan, but all them tattooes...didn't it hurt? You are wayyyyyyyyyyy more dedicated than I am...:rofl:

You folks crack me up.....ROFL.

I pity the fools who stole Mr T's necklaces!

And no, that's not my truck. That truck's grey. I'm so poor I can't afford to have a truck that comes with a color. Since I couldn't afford paint, I just keep a coat or two of dirt on it at all times. Otherwise it would be naked and then it would be so embarressed it would turn red.

No Garrett, those tattoos didn't hurt because they were temporary tattoos. Since that picture was taken, I've replaced then with permanent das efx tattoos.