One Word Song Titles

HossC

I thought I'd posted this already, but it turns out I hadn't.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who first heard this in 'Little Miss Sunshine'.

I always think of MeadowMufn when I hear this song. Tho' admittedly, she's the one with the brains.

That would mean that you're the one with the brawn and the looks, right Brian?. That's all very well, but are you both making lots of money?. :)

That would mean that you're the one with the brawn and the looks, right Brian?. That's all very well, but are you both making lots of money?. :)

Yep, I've got the brawn and looks. As far as making lots of money...well, we're workin' on that. MaryAnne keeps us honest, though, and that slows things down.

And now, back to the music! I dug that Chicago song. I'd never heard it before. All I've got handy to give back, though, is more new-wave techno kinda stuff at the moment. This is one of the tunes I play in the background when I'm writing angsty fiction.

And somewhere around the same era ( I think ) we had:

I always think of MeadowMufn when I hear this song. Tho' admittedly, she's the one with the brains.

I remember that song and yes, I think of you when I hear this song too. LOL. Good thing you got the roles right.

Yes, I've got the brains. IQ tests show I'm gifted. Just a few points below genius, but that just keeps me humble. LOL. :rofl:

Here's the video to the song, if anyone's interested.

Mufn's got the brains, Brian's got the looks...and I just do floors around here. HEH!

Speaking of background music while writing, this song is from an album that I listened to on a constant loop while writing a story a few years ago. (One of my Hogan's Heroes stories, "Sustaining the Wings.")

Pilgrim - Enya

Apologies for the double shot, but Brian might find this interesting as this song comes from another of Enya's albums that I listened to on a constant loop while writing the as-yet-unfinished/unposted story that saw the creation of Lt. Jack Morrison (for any y'all watching the Few Good Bad Guys thread).

Watermark - Enya

Wow, this thread was busy last night. I was going to reply to Brian with another New Order track and then to MaryAnne with an Enya track. I'll save those songs for another day and keep the Elton theme going.

This song still reminds me of one of my friends deliberately singing the wrong words to it more than 20 years ago - I can only ever hear her version of it now :).

Probably not singing about draperies here...

Curtains - Elton John

I thought I already mentioned that one, but it's good enough to mention twice.

Now I'm going to have Harmony stuck in my head all night. Oh well, there are worse things in life. Khee!

Hello, I said hello. Is this the only place you thought to go?

I suppose I should add a song, huh? In a little bit different style than Elton (ok, a LOT different)..

Here you go, Brian.

Hysteria - Muse

I'm glad someone changed the featured artist because I'd run out of one word songs by Reg Dwight :).

A nice happy, poppy tune from 1994 album 'Jollification'.

NB. The Lightning Seeds are a British band, so 'Marvellous' is spelt the correct way with two 'l's ;).

Love this song...and this video. Though he did seem to forget about the Chicago Bears when talking about football teams and stadiums. Don't know how anyone could do that, but since it is Kenny Chesney and he is as awesome as he is, I will let it slide. This time. HA HA.

Warning though...he does say the "B" word in this song at least once.. Not keen on swearing, but do love this song - then again Kenny Chesney is one of my FAVORITE singers so I may be biased. I love his music.

Have to admit...loving sports as I do, never thought of it as being a way of escaping reality, but watching the video and him talking of the different football teams, made me realize or think that could be another way of escaping reality as Kenny sings about.