One Word Song Titles

HossC

Thanks Mufn, that's a nice mellow track. Here's one with a similar-sounding title, but it's very different:

Streetband was an early outing for vocalist Paul Young. This novelty song was originally a B-side (remember them? ;)) until a DJ picked it up and started playing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Mufn, that's a nice mellow track. Here's one with a similar-sounding title, but it's very different:

Streetband was an early outing for vocalist Paul Young. This novelty song was originally a B-side (remember them? ;)) until a DJ picked it up and started playing it.

The juxtaposition of toes and toast reminds me... One of my sisters, when she was little, called dinner "toast". Only, she couldn't say toast. When dinner was ready, she'd go find my dad and say "Daddy, time'a eat toes!"

And after listening to that, I'm in the mood for toast. LOL.

Staying on the food topic...

- Freddy Fender (Dukes fans will recognize this!)

Son of a gun, we'll have big fun on the bayou!

- Freddy Fender

Would you believe that I have five different versions of that song, but not the one you chose!.

I'll add a bit more spice to the pot ;):

Vindaloo - Fat Les

A great sing-a-long track (although you probably have to be a supporter of the England soccer team :)). The song was written by Blur's bassist Alex James and comedian Keith Allen for the 1998 FIFA World Cup. The video, which is a great parody of

(it was even filmed on the same street), includes British comedians Paul Kaye, Rowland Rivron and Little Britain's Matt Lucas and David Walliams as well as artist Damian Hirst and Tenpole Tudor vocalist Edward Tudor-Pole.

• 1 month later...

LOVE THIS SONG! Love Tim's music...each album is different from each other. Different style and yet still great. Of course my opinion. Tim McGraw is in my top three favorite Country artists (Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Tim McGraw) and remains to be one of my favorites that I have yet to see in concert. Perhaps one day...continue to love his music.

I'd almost forgotten about this song until it came up on my MP3 player the other day.

It seems that this track, from their third album, did slightly better on this side of the Atlantic. It works well with the hot weather we're enjoying at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Seeing as I posted a Thomas Dolby track in 'Musical Chairs' recently, I thought I'd post one here. Please don't remind me that the album this is from (The Golden Age of Wireless) came out 30 years ago - I can still remember watching him promote it on Saturday morning TV :).

Windpower - Thomas Dolby

One of the comments on YouTube says "Windpower sounds much different when batteries are dying in a Walkman!". When I read that I thought "wow!" (and flutter ;)), "I remember that feeling."

A track from their 1988 debut album, 'The First of a Million Kisses'. Their music was described as "a blend of folk, jazz, country, and cajun elements."

If you've been listening to the songs I've posted recently, you may recognize the voice of the lead singer, Eddi Reader - she was the guest vocalist on the previous track I posted, 'Cruel'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Don't feel like plowing through the whole 42 pages to see if anyone posted these before . If so, my apologies

3 by Britney Spears: "Boys", "Everytime" , and "Lucky"

Don't worry, you're safe with those :). You can always use the "Search this Thread" option just below the top page numbers if you want to check whether a song has already been posted.

I should've posted this one at the end of last week, but it's still appropriate:

I also have this track with the same name ...

September - Jean Michel Jarre

... although this is dedicated to Dulcie September, a South African anti-apartheid political activist who was assassinated in Paris in 1988.

How about a funky Philadelphia instrumental from 1975?

I only heard this track for the first time yesterday when it came on the radio, but I've listened to it on YouTube several time since then.

That was a new one for me too. Of course, I then thought of this one, which you might already be familiar with by the same orchestra.

K-Jee - MFSB

(I dunno if it's one word since it's kinda sorta not a word. LOL)