One Word Song Titles

HossC

Also from the '80s is this solo single from The Damned's guitarist/bassist.

Here's TG Sheppard from 1985 with

This video is by the same uploader as lost_sheep's recent Tom Wopat post - I remembered Rocky the Flying Squirrel peeping out from behind the album cover :). I don't think I've ever heard the song before, but the intro (from about 0:11 onwards) reminded me of a Richard Cheese cover which I won't be posting due to the explicit lyrics. It's a shame because it's a fun song that could have gone in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a song with a country twang that's named after a US river, so obviously the band is Dutch.

Apparently this was a big hit across Europe in 1975, although it wasn't until late 1976 that it spent four weeks at #1 in the UK charts. When I heard it at the weekend it was probably for the first time in over 30 years. Because of this huge gap I was immediately transported back to the '70s - that hard-to-imagine time before Dukes existed :).

I'm not a huge fan of musicals, but I like this one:

Sorry it's a long video. There were shorter ones, but they either had bits missing or just a still picture.

"You may ask, how did this tradition get started? I'll tell you - I don't know."

"Tradition. Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as... as a fiddler on the roof!"

If you want something more accessible, here's a Lego version. The stage version includes a couple of extra jokes!.

Maybe I should worry about liking this musical - it's obviously a favorite of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.

Meadowmufn said:
- from Mary Poppins

I win!! LOL.

'Fraid you get silver - I posted it back in February :).

I'm not a huge fan of musicals, but I like this one:

Tradition - from Fiddler on the Roof

Sorry it's a long video. There were shorter ones, but they either had bits missing or just a still picture.

"You may ask, how did this tradition get started? I'll tell you - I don't know."

"Tradition. Without our traditions, our lives would be as shaky as... as a fiddler on the roof!"

If you want something more accessible, here's

. The stage version includes a couple of extra jokes!.

Maybe I should worry about liking this musical - it's obviously a favorite of Sheldon from

'Fraid you get silver - I posted it back in February :).

Doh! You must've spelled it wrong because it didn't come up in search. LOL.

I LOVE Fiddler on the Roof, one of my favorite musicals. In fact, I just watched that video last week. Saw an excellent dinner theater version in Washington, DC in 1988.

"And how do we keep our balance? That, I can tell you in one word.... TRADITION!"

I have a friend who says that musical is her family's life story. :)