One Word Song Titles

HossC

(12" Mix)

I've been on a bit of an '80s kick musically speaking for the last 48 hours. This one's from 1985 - check out the pastel colors (it was around the time Miami Vice started), and the cutting edge visual effects. This is what 12" remixes were all about - judging by the length I'd say this is the 'Inside Leg Mix'.

lost_sheep posted 'Life in a Northern Town' over on the Musical Chairs thread yesterday. That reminded me of the following dance track from 1997 that samples

of that song by Dream Academy.

Sunchyme - Dario G

Shameless - Garth Brooks (unfortunately I couldn't find a good link to the song on youtube.)

I found a video for this song on another website.

lost_sheep posted 'Life in a Northern Town' over on the Musical Chairs thread yesterday. That reminded me of the following dance track from 1997 that samples
of that song by Dream Academy.

Sunchyme - Dario G

I found a video for this song on another website.

I like the original Life in a Northern Town too...but I had heard the remake on the radio on the way home from work, so it was the one in my brain.

(Great Video - thanks for posting it!)

I've posted the full video, but the song (as it appeared on the album) doesn't start until about 50 seconds in. The guest vocalist, and disembodied head in the video, is Shaun Ryder from the Happy Mondays. I've read in a couple of places that the song was going to called 'It's There', but Shaun's strong Manchester accent made it sound like 'It's Dare' so they changed the name. To keep in with the Japanese theme, the single was titled '挑戦 (Dare)'.

I was in a '70s mood after posting in the Musical Chairs thread, so here's a song from 1970:

Anyone outside the UK will probably be mystified by the YouTube comment "And a hint of the good old Pearl and Dean cinema ads music in the middle there!". During the '70s and '80s the 'Pearl and Dean' music would precede the adverts before every movie shown at the cinema. Consequently, a trip to the cinema didn't seem complete without hearing it - you can listen here (go on - it's only 18 seconds long :)).

Seeing as MaryAnne seems to like songs from the '30s ...

Triplets - From the movie Band Wagon

This is actually the 1953 recording because the video (featuring Fred Astaire, Nanette Fabray and Jack Buchanan) is more fun. The 1937 version by The Tune Twisters featuring Arthur Schwartz (the composer) on piano is

. Very few famous people seem to share my birthday, but Arthur Schwartz is one :).