One Word Song Titles

HossC

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - Darius Rucker use to be in a band called Hootie and the Blowfish...think it was a rock band. Not sure. Never did listen to their music, but did know about them because I am a HUGE Chicago Cubs fan...a couple of the announcers would talk about them from time to time during their Cubs broadcasts when I was growing up. I am really glad Daruis has moved to Country - I really like his music. Find it really refreshing. He is on his second Country album right now with his current song "Come back Song". Glad to see he seems to be sticking around the Country Music scene and is making it work for him. :D I'd have to say he is one of my favorite new Country artist.

(no video with this :()

Tori Amos did a cover version of this song on her 'Strange Little Girls' album in 2001.

The chorus includes the line 'She looks like Eva Marie Saint in "On the Waterfront"'. Apparently she beat Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched) to the role. Her portrayal of Edie Doyle won her an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. Here she is with Marlon Brando:

6dd60b44dc35d6761ae1502f973991e0.jpg

Eva Marie Saint also appeared in films like "North by Northwest". I remember her as Maddie's mother in "Moonlighting" in the late '80s. Most recently she played Martha Kent in the 2006 movie "Superman Returns".

I apologize if I already used this one...but it came to mind tonight when I tried thinking of a one word song. I love this song...very upbeat and is a song I love turning the radio up and singing along to! Sadly I couldn't find a video for this one, though I do know they have one for it. So it is just the song with lyrics on the link above. Oh well, it's a great song! (Then again, I think, most Montgomery Gentry songs are!)

I also have a variation by the B-52's which shares a few of the lyrics. I could only find a live version on YouTube.

I loved this song when I was younger (still do LOL). Hoss's link didn't work for me tho', said it was not available in my country. LOL. So for those here in the US, you can view this link here. Ironicially, the footage is from a BBC broadcast. :roll:

Cheating a little with the same word used 3 times and continuing on from Petula Clark to some more great 60's music.

This television performance is intersting in that they're performing to playback. They're singing live but the drummer's trying not to play for real because the recorded music is playing. ROFL

Hoss's link didn't work for me tho', said it was not available in my country.

Sorry about that, it happens to me sometimes with links posted by US Hazzardites - if it's any consolation, my link doesn't work for me anymore, so thanks for the new link MaryAnne :).

Going on with MaryAnne's themes of a '60s song with a single word repeated in the title:

Well be prepared to cry with this one. I read an article on this one in a Country magazine, I think. It is wrote by Eddie Montgomery (half of Montgomery Gentry) for his son who died at a young age. I kinda remember the story and how he died, but can't remember it a hundred percent, so I won't say it in order to not say it wrong. In the video, it has pictures that fans sent in of their lost loved ones...very sad.

The Breeders were formed by Kim Deal of the Pixies and Tanya Donelly of Throwing Muses. This is from their 1993 album 'Last Splash'.

Sorry Hoss to ruin your next song...isn't my intention.

Not to worry, it'll keep - I just didn't want to spoil the poignant mood :).