WB Original General Lees

WB General Lee

Very cool that you have a General too.Please do not take the following of what I say personally as it is my own opinion. I personally DO NOT consider any Lees used in the 2005 debacle "REAL" General Lees.The only "REAL" ones in my own opinion are true TV or reunion used surviving Lees or in other words used on screen by the "Original" actors and to the best of my knowledge that's only 23 actual documented cars. Again this is just my personal opinion and mean no disrespect toward WB General Lee.

I hate to say it but I agree with Tim's post.

However don't let that discourage you from contributing to the HazzardNet, WBGL.

Anyone who loves the Dukes of Hazzard enough to own a General Lee (even if it's a small plastic toy General Lee) is okay in our book.

Your General Lee might not be a real General Lee but it's a real General Lee (if that makes any sense) and anybody here would love to own it.

I hate to say it but I agree with Tim's post.

However don't let that discourage you from contributing to the HazzardNet, WBGL.

Anyone who loves the Dukes of Hazzard enough to own a General Lee (even if it's a small plastic toy General Lee) is okay in our book.

Your General Lee might not be a real General Lee but it's a real General Lee (if that makes any sense) and anybody here would love to own it.

I totally agree Roger!

The same company who built the General Lee TV cars are the same people who built the movie cars and that is Warner Brothers right? So really a General Lee is a General Lee. When I drove down Woodward at the cruise and people saw the window sticker that says WB, they didn't care if it was a movie or TV car. Movie cars were also built better. TV cars have tough restrictions on them where you have to go along with whatever Wayne Wooten says. I know people who sold their GLs because of that. Who wants someone in charge of your car, not me.

I seen one of WBGL's GL in person when i drove up to the Woodward cruise. it's unbelievable.

I can' t believe you guys would say that a Movie GL is not real one. Does this mean that a Johnny Lightning series 1 GL is real and a series 2 is not? lol neither the tv show or the Movie is real. it's make believe let's see pic's of you GL's and not the Diecast ones.... this is my opinion and like yours, it doesn't mean much john

Well all I know is there are definately some perks in owning a General Lee. I told her it was a movie car and she sure didnt mind:lol: Its amazing the attention you get by having a 01 on the side of youre car.

I'm a sucker for anything with an 01. I agreed with Roger that just owning a GL, no matter if its a movie, show or die cast, you're really lucky!

I can' t believe you guys would say that a Movie GL is not real one.

I knew this would stir up some good old fashioned controversy and (hopefully friendly) debate.

Since I'll never own a General Lee I'm certainly no expert on what constitutes a "real" General Lee and what doesn't. This is a matter of opinion and no matter how much we debate it, everybody is right because all we are doing is voiceing an opinion.

Since the defintion of "real" is what anybody wants to make of it and since there is no right and wrong opinions here, I think that what I was trying to say when I agreed with Tim is that I think the General Lees that appeared on the series from 1979-1985 are "realer" than any other Generals in the world.

Since I'll never own a real General Lee or a realer General Lee, I might as well dream big and dream about the realer one.

I haven't talked to many General Lee owners but I know there is often friendly competition amongst them as to who has the best car. In the end, let's remember that we're all on the same side. We all love the Dukes of Hazzard and no matter what we drive, we are family.

Edited by RogerDuke

No worries, nothing to debate. I never heard that a car that was bought by Warner Brothers, built by Warner Brothers as a General Lee and screen used as a General Lee then sold by Warner Brothers to me as a General Lee isnt a General Lee:lol: In fact it is the most valuable General Lee around givin documentation title says WB right on it. If it was anything else other than a General Lee I wouldnt be getting the big offers to buy the car.

P.S. Is the 1989 Batmobile not a Batmobile? Think about it.

post-6202-143050812225_thumb.jpg

Edited by WB General Lee

P.S. Is the 1989 Batmobile not a Batmobile? Think about it.

Of course it isn't - the only Batmobile was driven by Adam West :).

For my 2 cents, if it's an orange '69 Charger with a flag on the roof, it's a General. Very few people can own a WB original of any kind. I would have a preference for one from the TV series over one from the movies because I didn't like the movies, but I would take a movie car over a home built replica, and I'd still like one of those. It's all academic as I'll probably never own any of them. I'll just have to make do with my diecast collection :(.

The main thing is that you enjoy them, and we enjoy the pictures you post - please keep posting.

For my 2 cents, if it's an orange '69 Charger with a flag on the roof, it's a General.

It looks like this quote ends the debate because we can all agree on that.

I sure have a lot of admiration and respect for anyone who would go to all the expense of owning a General Lee.

Of course some people are blessed with more money to be able to afford one but that's not the point. The point is that they have the desire to promote the Dukes of Hazzard by owning a General Lee and I'm appreciative of everyone who does so.....regardless of anything else.

I apologize if I stirred up hornets nest but it's just the way I feel about the subject.The remake(s) were such a departure from what the TV series was (more of a parody really) that it rubs me the wrong way that my car is now associated with those movies.On top of that I'm well aware of what the original cast thought of those movies, just to cash in on the title and the hard work they spent 7 seasons delivering.Ask James Best about it. I have never claimed my car to be a real one even though it does have some documented TV series parts on it and I get asked all the time if it is or not. Again it is very cool if anyone owns a General.What you say is true about 17 of the 23 or 24 TV series survivors,they are still under a contract which is very restrictive but that is to keep those guys from making tons of cash buy selling pictures or charging to see them and stuff like that. I know the people who own #33 TV series survivor right here in Ohio and yes I'm close friends with Wayne Wooten also. Autorama1.jpg

"a General Lee.

Of course some people are blessed with more money to be able to afford one"

I have not been blessed with more money I worked very hard in life. I also dont have a wife and kids and I dont throw it away.

"What you say is true about 17 of the 23 or 24 TV series survivors,they are still under a contract which is very restrictive but that is to keep those guys from making tons of cash buy selling pictures or charging to see them and stuff like that."

My cars have nothing to do with Wayne Wooten and I am glad for that. Never met the guy myself but I dealt with WB direct and they told me specifically I can do whatever I want with the car. "It is our car so you have the right to show it and make money if you like." All week on Woodward I let kids sit in it and take photos and never charged anyone.

Did you consider that maybe the original cast didnt get a cut of the movie or a cameo appearance and that could, ( not saying it is) be the reason for them not liking the movie.

Did you consider that maybe the original cast didnt get a cut of the movie or a cameo appearance and that could, ( not saying it is) be the reason for them not liking the movie.

I never thought about that. I suppose it is possible. It's certainly an interesting thought. I always enjoy it when someone points out something I haven't considered.

I'm going to go on the assumption that they didn't like it because it was too different from the original because it had stuff on like Uncle Jesse using drugs. I could be wrong. I admit I'm only making that assumption because that's what I want to believe.

Hey WB General Lee, you have an awesome car and Tim has an awesome car too.....every General Lee is awesome. And they're all unique so comparing them isn't something that we should get carried away with. I hope you don't judge the whole website by this little controversy. The Dukes of Hazzard is so much more than just a car.

I have not been blessed with more money I worked very hard in life.

Since I'm a sensitive guy (well, most of the time) it bothers me if I'm misunderstood and I just wanted to clear up what I said.

My quote about being blessed with money didn't mean that "blessed" is defined as a person who inherits money or otherwise gets it without working hard.

I too have worked hard my whole life and (like you) have made money. I consider myself to have been "blessed" by having the opportunity to buy things with the fruits of my labor so the word "blessed" simply means that I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to buy many of the things I enjoy.

We are all blessed in a certian way. Maybe I took this the wrong way because it has happened so much in the past where people have said things like " oh it must be nice" or "I wish I were you" etc. They dont realize when they are drinking beer and watching a ball game on Sunday or maybe at thier cottage for the weekend, I am at work. Anyway lets talk General Lees:lol:

Picture003-1.jpg

Edited by WB General Lee

I'm finding this whole thread pretty interesting. Sounds like the General Lee's used in the 2005 movie may be more rare than those used in the original series, at least for the number of cars sold to the public.

Any authentic Warner Bros. General Lee is a pearl of great price and a once-in-a-lifetime ownership opportunity.

While contractual issues may affect how things work with the cars from the TV series, I haven't known too many General Lee owners who were simply in this for the money. It was for their own love of the car, and/or love of the show.

The smiles and admiration they get from others, is a bonus.

I've seen some bigger and smaller egos around these cars, but overall I've seen a rightful sense of pride and a willingness to share. Just like all these photos that WBGeneralLee has taken the time to post for us. That's what it's all about. Every General Lee owner of a replica or authenticated car has a story behind it, and we love those stories.