They're too talented...

So I was just watching 'Double Dukes' with the commentary from Tom, John and Cathy. They had a whole discussion about the bad-dudes-of-the-week Turk & Moody. Now I have watched this commentary probably a half a dozen times, and I just finally caught a little somethin funny that John & Tom said about these two. John asked: "Why didn't these guys play Coy & Vance?" and then Tom replied: "They're too talented."

I laughed soooo hard! It's true tho! I totally agree with Tom!

So I was just watching 'Double Dukes' with the commentary from Tom, John and Cathy. They had a whole discussion about the bad-dudes-of-the-week Turk & Moody. Now I have watched this commentary probably a half a dozen times, and I just finally caught a little somethin funny that John & Tom said about these two. John asked: "Why didn't these guys play Coy & Vance?" and then Tom replied: "They're too talented."

I laughed soooo hard! It's true tho! I totally agree with Tom!

GLG, really don't understand John's comment since he helped Byron get the part of Coy.

Byron Cherry lost his oldest child ~late teens, early 20s~ several weeks or months before Dukesfest 2001 due to a motorcycle accident. A decade before, his mama & step father where assaulted by a handy man they hired. They lived in a nice neighborhood of Atlanta, where Bryon was born. Byron came home to this scene - his momma gone. He called for help and his step father survived.

John lost a brother before he was born & Tom's mom died when he was young. I don't think Bryon would wish his personal losses on any one.

That segement is just weird to me.

I'm with you GLG. I've watched with the commentary, and I thought it was a funny, light-hearted remark by Tom. I read Daney's reply this morning and, more than 12 hours later I still can't see any relevance to the comment you posted. It sounds like some terrible things have happened in Byron's life, but he wasn't even mentioned in the OP.

LOL this is so weird I watched this not long ago too! Its definitly the funniest commentary out of the four they did for the DVD's. Wish they'd done more!!

The comment about Coy and Vance is I suppose a little dig at the actors because he just didn't get along with them so rumour has it, but also at the creators of the show. They basically just cast lookalikes of Tom and John as far as they could and made Coy and Vance copies of Bo and Luke - Characters that Tom and John had spent four years creating. The actors didn't neccisarily need to be able to act well, they just needed to be look-a-likes. That's my take on it anyway :)