RIP Stephen Cannell

DaneyDuke

Very sad. The news over here has been so concentrated on the passing of Tony Curtis that I hadn't heard about Stephen J Cannell. I tried to find an interview with him that appeared on a 2005 Channel 4 show called 'Bring Back The A-Team' - it was all on YouTube, but seems to have been deleted. Most of the interview is here:

Skip to about 2:30.

WARNING - contains some mild bad language, and worse in the comments - why can't people comment on YouTube politely?.

If anyone's interested, the whole show is available in 4 parts at the link below - Stephen's part is split over the end of part 3/start of part 4:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2r37s_bring-back-the-a-team-1-4_fun

Click on the Partie/Part 2 under the video to see the next part.

Thank you Daney for posting this...I didn't hear about Stephen's passing until I logged in here. I was a huge fan of his TV show "Renegade" that starred Lorenzo Lamas (in fact a couple of months ago, was excited to find the first season of Renegade on DVD at Walmart for five dollars! Though have yet to find time to watch it...) How very sad. Entertainment or TV has lost a lot of talent with his passing. Him and his family will be in my prayers.

Just looked him up online and found all kinds of shows that he produced or wrote or made that I never knew about. Such as the A-Team as Hoss had mentioned. Renegade he produced the show as well as played the villan: Donald "Dutch" Dixon. He was 69 years old.

Thanks Daney for the news on Stephen. :(

It's sad to hear about Stephen J. Cannell's passing. Even though nothing is close to The Dukes of Hazzard as my favorite show, there was a time that "Stingray" gave the Dukes a run for their money as my fave. In fact, for a short time there it passed Dukes as my favorite show but that didn't last long. "Stingray" wasn't one of Mr. Cannell's biggest accomplishments to most folks but to me it was. Hollywood has lost a legend.

Talk about talent. I mean it has to say something when a guy can touch several lives with different pieces of his work. I was a huge Renegade fan and would still love to watch the show today, MA listed a few of her favorites by him, and Roger has his own favorite. I would be interested in reading some of his books, reading what some are about, seems to be my kind of novels. He accomplished a lot in his career and was very talented at what he did. He will be missed by all.