Dukes References on the radio

Brian Coltrane

Every so often I'll hear a Dukes of Hazzard reference made by a DJ on a country radio station. Once there was even a DJ going by the name of "Duko Hazzard" at a local rock station.

Today, I heard the unexpected. A Dukes reference by a DJ on SIRIUS XM satellite radio.

I was listening to the 70's on 7 channel. (yeah, surprise, right?) All of a sudden between songs, the DJ goes:

"And tonight, on the Dukes of Hazzard, for the 10 millionth time, Boss Hogg tries to frame the Duke boys for illegal sheep sheering.." (baaas and yeehaa's interrupt) "...but the plan is foiled when Daisy pulls the wool over Rosco's eyes." (Dixie horn blares.) "Now back the music!"

Whatever the satellite radio cost this month, it was worth it for the laugh.

Yer welcome. Now that the Dukes are back on CMT, I'm sure we'll hear more references out there. And don't forget about the tidbit in that new People magazine, as mentioned on the homepage. I don't think I've ever paid that much for a magazine in my life, but I try to support anything that puts in a good word for The Dukes of Hazzard.

Well Brian, thanks to Meadowmufn, you and MaryAnne, HazzardNet has broken the record for most "good words" ever written about the Dukes of Hazzard. No other place on this planet has even come close to honoring the show as much as this place has. For that, you three can be proud.....and for that, the rest of us are forever grateful.

• 2 weeks later...
Well Brian, thanks to Meadowmufn, you and MaryAnne, HazzardNet has broken the record for most "good words" ever written about the Dukes of Hazzard. No other place on this planet has even come close to honoring the show as much as this place has. For that, you three can be proud.....and for that, the rest of us are forever grateful.

Aw heck, we're just gettin' started. Thank ya for the kind words and for your great contributions to HazzardNet.