Georgia episodes vs California episodes

Do you preffer the Georgia episodes or the California episodes  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you preffer the Georgia episodes or the California episodes

• Georgia episodes
    • California episodes

Although some of my favorite episodes were filmed in California, they could have been even better if they were filmed in Georgia. Having said that, I doubt if we would have had as many seasons if they'd tried to keep it real by filming in Georgia, so I guess it's the lesser of 2 evils (just like we may have had only 4 seasons without Coy and Vance). I'm still voting for Georgia.

• 4 years later...

I like the more realistic and grittier feel of the Georgia episodes.  Although some of my favorites were California episodes.  I would have liked to show to have retained the feel of the Georgia episodes and remained there but as stated above it probably wouldn't have been on the air as long. 

I've very conflicted on the question.  I share everyone's feelings on the more authentic feel of the Georgia episodes.  The brown hills of Southern Cali just didn't cut it as North Georgia.  Plus I have a life-long affection for The Peach State.  HOWEVER, some of my favorite iconic locations from the run of the show are from the Warner Brothers Studios lot- specifically Cooter's Garage and nearby locals in Hazzard Square.  I also find studio backlot sets fascinating in general (don't get me started on he Universal Studios backlot), so ultimately I have to vote for California.

Mark

Since the Georgia episodes had backgrounds that look like where I live I definitely liked that location better because it was easier from me to pretend I'm in Hazzard County when I drove around. I just try to ignore the California background when I watch the show. The show is way too good to let that ruin it although I sure wish they would have stayed in Georgia for 7 years instead of just 5 episodes.