General Lee vs. Jazz

Meadowmufn

I just watched the 'making of' video. It's amazing how much time goes into a short film. Thanks for posting it.

I studied computer animation for 2 years in college. We put about 3-4 months of work into 2-3 minutes of animation. Having said that, I don't think I'd have the patience to do stop motion. LOL.

Meadowmufn said:
I studied computer animation for 2 years in college. We put about 3-4 months of work into 2-3 minutes of animation. Having said that, I don't think I'd have the patience to do stop motion. LOL.

How times change. I did computer graphics on my course, and it didn't get more exciting than palette swapping and XOr putting. Then again my 486 DX 33 was faster than the 386s that my college had, and we were writing in TurboPascal. I also had an enormous 105Mb HDD and upgraded to 8Mb RAM at a price that would make your eyes water :).

HossC said:
How times change. I did computer graphics on my course, and it didn't get more exciting than palette swapping and XOr putting. Then again my 486 DX 33 was faster than the 386s that my college had, and we were writing in TurboPascal. I also had an enormous 105Mb HDD and upgraded to 8Mb RAM at a price that would make your eyes water :).

Ahhhh, memories. I can totally relate to that. ROFL. I did most of my rendering at home because my 486 was faster than the college computers. I can't recall exactly how big the hard drive was on it, but it sticks in my mind it was 40mb. I can remember waiting hours and hours for short 5-10 second sequences to render. When Iomega came out with the zip drive, we thought we were in heaven, 100mb on a single disk! That is, until we heard the click of death. LOL.

I wonder if I still have some of my Pascal programs on some old 5 1/4 floppies somewhere. (Yes, I still have some of those.) LOL. I really need to throw out some old stuff.

(And yes,

...)

No wonder the two of you have such good computer skills.

I saw the making of that video also.

I hate to ask but what show is Jazz from? Is he from the Transformers show or is he from a different show like that good looking orange transformer?

Yep, he's from the Transformers. Jazz is my fave, in fact. Gotta love the Scatman!

I can remember waiting hours and hours for short 5-10 second sequences to render.

Did you ever watch the 'making of' feature from the DVD extras on Tron?. They had to calculate the 3D positions plus pitch, yaw and roll by hand, then manually enter them so the computer could render them frame by frame. I found a clip of it on YouTube:

Ahh ... 1982.

Ahhh, that was the legendary Scatman Carruthers. I recognized that famous voice but couldn't think of his name..thanks!

Yup, Scatman Crothers had a very distinctive voice. He did a lot of voice work aside from Transformers as well. Aristocats comes to mind. There are a couple of others who have distinctive voices that I think are along the same lines as Scatman... Phil Harris, Louis Prima, Jack Sheldon. And if you recognize any of those names, you'll know they all have something else in common. :)

Oh, and aside from Scatman, one of my favorite voice over actors of all time is the talented Paul Frees. Just ask Moose and Squirrel... or Walt Disney. ;)

Now my brain is going (stand back...that usually means trouble)

One of the Ridge Raiders has a very distinctive voice and was in a lot of Disney cartoons. I'm going to put that episode in now and see if I can figure out what his real name is. I can't even think of what his ficticious name was on "The Return of the Ridge Raiders."

Woops. I messed up. The guy with the distinctive voice I was thinking about was Pat Buttram from "The Days of Shine and Roses" (Sam).

He was the guy at the beginning who thanked the retired revenuer for bringing in the old film. He was also the same guy who told Enos to count the jugs before the race between Boss and Jesse and played the bartender in that ep.