Signs of Hazzard

HossC

hoss, do the now opening sign for the playpen too man, ill need it as well, anyways keep em commin man, cant wait to see more, anyways ttyl thanks and peace

I had to clarify which sign knightprowl was after. I was looking for a whole separate sign rather than just the banner underneath. I've included one of the original signs to show the juxtaposition of the two together. I wish they'd used straight line above and below the text - the wiggly lines were quite fiddly.

PlaypenSign.jpg

OpeningSoonSign.jpg

btw hoss, anyway of doing the re elect rosco for sheriff sign from first episode, one armed bandits, or some more boss hogg billboards, well the one you didnt make, idk where i seen it, and idk what it said eather lol, but ya never made it a artwork like the others, and also the one of lulu hogg hers preisdent, just those 3 for now, others when ya can, one step at a time man, anyways let me know, ttyl thanks and peace

btw hoss, anyway of doing the re elect rosco for sheriff sign from first episode, one armed bandits ...

I haven't done Rosco's re-election poster from 'One Armed Bandits' yet, but I have done the one from 'The Revenge of Hughie Hogg' in season 5. The picture of Rosco isn't exactly as it appeared in the show because I went for the best quality photo I could find that was similar. Unlike some of the recent posters I've done, these typefaces are the closest I had, rather than starting from scratch. Otherwise, it's pretty close. Here's Uncle Jesse standing next to Rosco's poster in that episode:

RoscoPoster1_0513.jpg

Here's my version:

Reelect.jpg

Here's the button badge that Rosco makes everyone wear (including Uncle Jesse in the picture above). I couldn't get a clear grab of this, or the flyer below, so the text is my best guess as far as typefaces are concerned.

RoscoBadge.jpg

And here's the flyer that Flash has in her mouth near the start of the episode:

RoscoFlyer.jpg

The re-election poster is available to download as a printable PDF (Adobe Acrobat) file in the Dukes of Hazzard Downloads section of HNet along with the Carnival of Thrills poster. Both are US letter size, but will print without any problem on European A4 paper. There's also 10 different Dukes themed desktop wallpapers to download.

thanks hoss this will do for now, tho id still like to have the other one too, anyways just keep me posted and post everything ya do here or pm me, eather way is fine, anyways try doin those billboards i metioned, lulu hogg hers president and the other boss hogg ones too, and rly any billboards ya can find from the episodes will be great, anyways ttyl thanks and peace

Great! (I say sarcastically)

I come to the HazzardNet to get away from all the crazyness of the world, like politics for example ...

I know how you feel Roger - Ireland is in the process of electing a new president (that's our head of state, we also have a Taoiseach who's head of the government) so our lampposts are covered in posters and our mailboxes are full of political junk. That said, here's another political poster:

I hope this is the one you wanted, knightprowl - the Rosco poster from 'One Armed Bandits' you've been asking for.

RoscoPoster0101.jpg

As with the last one, I've substituted a different photo as I couldn't find this one at any resolution. The text is all done from scratch though.

RoscoPosterOAB.jpg

I originally posted screengrabs of these billboards here. I've now done my own versions. First is the unfinished 'Hazzard Safety Week' poster from 'Goodbye General Lee'. Just to annoy me, the 'Drive Carefully' text is not quite the same as the last one I did, but I had to make most of it into outlines anyway!. I wonder why the painter didn't finish the black text before starting the red.

BossSign.jpg

This is Lulu's billboard from 'Share and Share Alike'. I couldn't get a better picture of Lulu for this one, so I had to tweak the one from the screengrab.

LuluSign.jpg

i hear that man, this damn county has gone to ****, and whats the cause? these politicans and the government, they only care about whos getting elected and how to start the next war, and not the real problems like starvation, fixing prices for food, gas and ect, its bull**** i tell ya, we have to pay so much for **** that shouldnt even be half the prices it is now....(edited by MaryAnne)

Knightprowl, I edited down your post a bit. Please understand, I appreciate your rant on the current stat of affairs of the country and all but we like to keep HNet as apolitical as possible 'k?

Also since this thread is for Hoss to post his renditions of the various signs of Hazzard, I didn't want to see it get hijacked into a political tit for tat. Hope you understand.

Knightprowl, I edited down your post a bit. Please understand, I appreciate your rant on the current stat of affairs of the country and all but we like to keep HNet as apolitical as possible 'k?

Also since this thread is for Hoss to post his renditions of the various signs of Hazzard, I didn't want to see it get hijacked into a political tit for tat. Hope you understand.

Thanks, MaryAnne. Yes, we try to keep politics off of HazzardNet because we like it to be a place for us to escape all the bad crap going on in the world.

I kinda started it with my smarmy little comment, my apologies as well. There's a lot of dry tinder laying around on those subjects these days; tough times will do that.

ANYHOW! Back to the usual shenanigans. Hoss, I got another idea/request for Hazzard signs. In the early eps, maybe 1st season, there were some fun signs inside of the Boar's Nest. I think one was the "Boom Boom Room" ? I gotta re-watch and figure it out.

I've got a basement bar in my house (though I don't drink that much, the bar came with the house) and I'm thinking of decorating it ala Boar's Nest. Since I got the poles in the middle of the floor too and all that. (they hold up the house, I'd better keep 'em.)

I can't be the only nut on the planet who wants to make a basement bar Boar's Nest (say that five times fast) so any resources you have to offer would be an epic contribution to the fandom, adding to your already considerable fame.

Hoss, I got another idea/request for Hazzard signs. In the early eps, maybe 1st season, there were some fun signs inside of the Boar's Nest. I think one was the "Boom Boom Room" ? I gotta re-watch and figure it out.

The Boar's Nest sign is already done (back on page 1 of this thread), but I can have a look at the others. Either let me know the episodes and rough times they appear, or send me some screengrabs and I'll see what I can do.

Let's hope that this sign proves less controversial than the last :). It's the sign from the studio that the Dukes visit in 'The Dukes in Hollywood' in season 7. I thought I might get a break here because the 'Studios' text looks like a font called Souvenir, but it wasn't to be.

MajesticStudios.jpg

hey man thanks for those, but what about the other billboards shown in the show?

I'd forgotten about this one until I found that I had a screengrab of it the other day. If I recall correctly it's from 'Nothin' But the Truth' in season 4. The painter was just starting to outline the blue text when Boss grabbed the brush to change "CAN" to "CAN'T".

BankOfHogg.jpg

Hoss, I got another idea/request for Hazzard signs. In the early eps, maybe 1st season, there were some fun signs inside of the Boar's Nest. I think one was the "Boom Boom Room" ? I gotta re-watch and figure it out.

The 'Boom Boom Room' sign seems to appear well past the 1st season. I've just gone for a closest font match as I haven't managed to see it close up. The one in the Boar's Nest is more distressed than this.

BoomBoomRoom.jpg

Here's another sign from the Boar's Nest that I spied in the background. I think this may be a stock sign because I saw it in the background of a bar scene in 'The Fall Guy' the other day (it was the episode 'Eight Ball' from season 2 which guest starred Tony Curtis). Again, closest match font used.

NoGambling.jpg